Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cruising out of NJ in January

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Cruising out of NJ in January Empty
PostSubject: Cruising out of NJ in January   Cruising out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:22 pm

Hi everyone,

We are considering a cruise on the EOS for next January. The itinerary looks great and it will be a nice break from our Canadian winters.

Can anyone give me any insight on what it is like sailing out of NJ in the winter?? I love the sailaway parties on the top deck in warm weather. I just can't picture this happening in January in NJ. Any insight on what to expect would be great. We are a group of two families with two kids each.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruising out of NJ in January   Cruising out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:42 pm

Livabeth wrote:
Hi everyone,

We are considering a cruise on the EOS for next January. The itinerary looks great and it will be a nice break from our Canadian winters.

Can anyone give me any insight on what it is like sailing out of NJ in the winter?? I love the sailaway parties on the top deck in warm weather. I just can't picture this happening in January in NJ. Any insight on what to expect would be great. We are a group of two families with two kids each.

Thanks.

The last time we sailed from NJ in Jan on Mariner, they had a parade and party on the Promenade. It started to warm up about the middle of the second day though. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruising out of NJ in January   Cruising out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:49 pm

It will be cold the first day. But like Sheila said, by Day 2 it starts to get warmer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruising out of NJ in January   Cruising out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:07 pm

i'm leaving sunday out of bayonne - let you know
Back to top Go down
bjjost
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bjjost

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Cruising out of NJ in January   Cruising out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:41 pm

Leaving on a cruise on Sunday.... I am SOOOO jealous!!!

Not to mention the cruise you just won!!! Seriously though... I'm very happy for you...

Almost... kind of... maybe... Ok, Ok... I AM!!! Cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruising out of NJ in January   Cruising out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:45 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
i'm leaving sunday out of bayonne - let you know

Hey, you'll be doing a Super Bowl cruise too. Very Happy

We leave on Saturday, sail on Sunday (out of FLL). I guess there will be a big super bowl party onboard.
Back to top Go down
bjjost
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bjjost

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Cruising out of NJ in January   Cruising out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:47 pm

There's a Superbowl party at my house!!! You can come there!!

Great idea... everyone at my house on Sunday!!!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Cruising out of NJ in January   Cruising out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:03 pm

In 11 days...I'll be heading to Fort Lauderdale too!

I need to get out of this -25F temps....it's a killer!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Cruising Rays
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruising Rays

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Cruising out of NJ in January   Cruising out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:04 pm

bjjost wrote:
There's a Superbowl party at my house!!! You can come there!!

Great idea... everyone at my house on Sunday!!!

OK Bette ... we will be like you "Superbowling it at home". All these folks cruising in the next couple of weeks...dang...we gotta wait until August.

Seriously though...y'all have a fantabulous time on your cruises Very Happy Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim and Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruising out of NJ in January   Cruising out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:15 pm

michele - tell me when you get back if you didn't think belize was the hottest place you've ever been. i felt like i was sitting in the frying pan in belize. but then again, i love the heat.

thanks bette hide

and hopefully i'll get over this horrible cold/sore throat/earache before sunday :cold:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruising out of NJ in January   Cruising out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:27 pm

Thanks for the input. I think it will be great sailing into the warmer weather. The coming back may be rough ... like slowly taking off a bandage.

Where is the best place on the boat to watch the sailaway out of NJ without going outside??

Thanks again.

Livabeth
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruising out of NJ in January   Cruising out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:30 pm

Hey Michelle,

I just noticed that you are won the Momma Mia contest ... you and your girls (and of course your husband too) must be excited!! I'm excited for you.

I hope everyone enjoys their upcoming cruises. Our next cruise is not until early 2010 ... hopefully on the EOS on January 14th.

We are leaving in 2 weeks to an All Inclusive resort ... just me and my husband. My two girls are staying with friends. Although a resort doesn't excite me as much as a cruise does, I can't wait to escape this winter!!

Thanks again.

Livabeth
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruising out of NJ in January   Cruising out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 8:22 am

the best place to watch the sail away is in the viking crown lounge/dizzys. it looks like you are going to crash into the verrazano narrows bridge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruising out of NJ in January   Cruising out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:56 am

Thanks for the advise on where to go on sail away. We'll be sure to duck when going under the bridge!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruising out of NJ in January   Cruising out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 10:44 am

Livabeth wrote:
Hey Michelle,

I just noticed that you won the Momma Mia contest ... you and your girls (and of course your husband too) must be excited!! I'm excited for you.

I hope everyone enjoys their upcoming cruises. Our next cruise is not until early 2010 ... hopefully on the EOS on January 14th.

We are leaving in 2 weeks to an All Inclusive resort ... just me and my husband. My two girls are staying with friends. Although a resort doesn't excite me as much as a cruise does, I can't wait to escape this winter!!

Thanks again.

Livabeth

You are going to have to get your post count up quickly and win a cruise too. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy There is a cruise out of South Carolina contest, minimum post number 50. So get posting. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Have fun at your AI! Any place warm - cruise or not, is better than sitting in snow. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruising out of NJ in January   Cruising out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:31 pm

Yes I will have too post alittle more. I am a newbie cruiser (only 2 under my belt) so I don't have alot of insight ... more questions than experience!!

The cruise out of South Carolina looks great ... it is actually on the very first ship that my husband and I were on about 10 years ago for our honeymoon. The Celebrity Mercury is a beautiful ship and I would love to get back on.

I have played along with many of the contests in the past, but haven't been able to enter due to the posting requirement and that many of them are only open to U.S. residents. I understand from Tina that there are tax issues ... which I completely understand.

Perhaps we can end up on a cruise together one day. You all sound like such a nice group of people. Michelle, our girls are the same age.

Livabeth
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Cruising out of NJ in January   Cruising out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 3:37 pm

Livabeth wrote:

You all sound like such a nice group of people.

Livabeth

Some of us are! cheers
Welcome Livabeth...you have a cool name!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Cruising out of NJ in January   Cruising out of NJ in January Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 3:41 pm

some? oh play nice. we're all nice here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cruising out of NJ in January   Cruising out of NJ in January Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cruising out of NJ in January
Page 1 of 1