Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:24 am

i don't even know what to say about that 'dress'. no lie - my mouth is hanging open. and i have been a biker chick in my younger days and there isn't much i haven't seen but to get on a cruise ship with that on!!!!! i don't know if i've ever seen anything that tasteless. and posing like she has on some haute couture dress is really amazing.
Back to top Go down
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:00 pm

Ugh....

FWIW, I'm guessing that the 'dress' is actually chain mail 'armor' for live-action role-playing (LARP). I've seen that kind of thing before. But usually it's worn OVER a proper costume!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:10 pm

helen - you seem to know a little too much about this!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:13 pm

All I can really say is OMG affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:16 pm

barb - i think my eyes looked like that emoticon when i saw that picture
Back to top Go down
Cruiseram
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiseram

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:29 pm

Barbee524 wrote:

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:53 pm

Cruiseram wrote:
Barbee524 wrote:

I agree.

I'm just shaking my head. It is really hard to believe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:51 pm

maybe it was a formal night on a nude cruise...

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 5:27 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
helen - you seem to know a little too much about this!!!!

I admit it! I'm a gamer. I've never done LARP, but I know people who do. You also see costumes like that at Renaissance Faires and Comic Con.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 6:31 pm

THAT'S HER!!! OMG Ginny how did you find it?????????

It wasn't a nude cruise. It was a run of the mill Carnival cruise. Her and her hubby were active board members when I first started on CC. It was the only time I have seen people asked to leave the dining room. He said that she looked beautiful and she shouldn't have had to leave. The ironic part is that many people agreed with the hubby. Shocked

I can see the hubby agreeing...that's his job. But the rest of the board? Laughing
Back to top Go down
VJMorrow
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
VJMorrow

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:06 pm

crusinmama06 wrote:
THAT'S HER!!! OMG Ginny how did you find it?????????

It wasn't a nude cruise. It was a run of the mill Carnival cruise. Her and her hubby were active board members when I first started on CC. It was the only time I have seen people asked to leave the dining room. He said that she looked beautiful and she shouldn't have had to leave. The ironic part is that many people agreed with the hubby. Shocked

I can see the hubby agreeing...that's his job. But the rest of the board? Laughing

I did a search using the terms "chain mesh" Twisted Evil

Were you actually on that cruise?

I do remember some of the guys on that thread thinking she should be allowed to stay, and asking where he had the dress made!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:10 pm

WHAT????? people thinking she should stay? where are people's brains?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:11 pm

I'm just waiting for Christina to sign on and see this - I think her head will explode!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:13 pm

I posted the original thread that started the whole Chain Mail Dress debate. Laughing

I will paste my reply from Nick's "tacky thread" here...
-------------------------------------------------
OK I'll tell you the whole story as I remember it. (BTW, I didn't steal the pictures, Ginny found them online Laughing )

This couple sails on Carnival. They were regulars on the CC Carnival board. The husband MADE that chain mail dress for his wife. He was angry that the Carnvial Maitre D asked them to leave the dining room. He said she looked better than anything he saw on the ship.
He said the dress was heavy for her. But she has a "beautiful body" and deserved to wear it.

The person is still around...sailing on Costa next month.
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=9410610#post9410610
Back to top Go down
VJMorrow
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
VJMorrow

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:13 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
I'm just waiting for Christina to sign on and see this - I think her head will explode!

Hey... pass the popcorn!
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:31 pm

What gets me is that in that same thread they were talking about a 'topless' deck on Carnival. WHAT??? I haven't heard of this before! I gather the same guys lamenting the closure of the 'topless' deck were the ones who wanted the wife to wear that dress...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:32 pm

oh they closed the topless deck on carnival? i remember seeing that when i took a carnival cruise and i couldn't believe there was a sign to the topless deck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:45 pm

Yes, Carnival's "F" deck - aka the Funnel Deck was the topless deck on the Carnival Ships. The deck was still open on the last Carnival cruise we were on (Aug 07) but they have since been closed.

See....this sign marked the entrance at the bottom of the stairs...no I didn't expose anything. affraid

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Pbucket
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:30 pm

Yea....I went topless on the topless deck on Carnival.
I had to go up there and check out the scenery...

There were a few topless women up there....but not many. I liked Orient Beach much better....

To be honest....I've seen more topless women just hangin' out on Princess ships.

Back to top Go down
ndmomof4
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
ndmomof4

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:29 am

Ok let me know seriously I cant get a replica of that "wonderful" dress for my first cruise thats a bad idea aww I am truely disappointed Sad
Back to top Go down
ndmomof4
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
ndmomof4

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:31 am

GREAT now I have to start the "perfect" dress search again Thanks alot you guys!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
ndmomof4
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
ndmomof4

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:42 am

OH wait this would be for the XMAS 2010 RCCL cruise would that dress be ok for that one Wink scratch
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 4:06 pm

Sure it would, Crystal....wear it!

Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 7:38 pm

bluejay2fly wrote:
oesnjstar wrote:
i would like to see the dress someone's husband made for her where they were actually asked to leave the dining room

Ok, here is the formal night "don't" that Michelle and I were talking about-

http://images21.fotki.com/v632/photos/9/938406/4715948/Chainmail3-vi.jpg

[url=http://images22.fotki.com/v723/photos/9/938406/4715948/Chainmail5-vi.jpg
http://images22.fotki.com/v723/photos/9/938406/4715948/Chainmail5-vi.jpg[/quote[/url]]

Okay, my reaction went from OMG affraid to WHOA! Shocked Just glad I wasn't on the ship because my mouth would have been hanging open when I saw her! I have a feeling there were plenty of people on board that looked like these emoticons when she walked by.

Towanda
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 7:43 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
oh they closed the topless deck on carnival? i remember seeing that when i took a carnival cruise and i couldn't believe there was a sign to the topless deck.

We were on the Destiny in November & the Funnel deck was home to minature golf. It had a pirate theme & was really cute. We were on the Triumph last August with the kids on their first cruise & the Funnel deck was still labled as "Adult Only", so they never went up there. I went up on the first day on board as part of the standard tour of the ship & there weren't even any chairs up there.

Towanda
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 4
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Cunard-
Jump to: