Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:01 pm

Unlike most other cruise lines, Cunard takes their dress code rather seriously. That isn't to say the fashion police are going to throw you overboard if you don't comply but, sneers and jeers may come in your direction and, by following the simple rules below you can avoid this happening to you.

Casual Night
Sundresses or clothing that look like you'd wear to a upscale picnic or a party at a friend's house is how to to think of Causal Nights. Gentleman, Jackets are requested and worn on Casual Nights. This is not the time to debate the wording of dress codes. Jackets but, no ties are expected.

ACCEPTABLE
Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Bcbg_t10

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 48547_10

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Palazz10

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 32998_10

Appropriate for Causal Night for Ladies. A pretty sundress is very appropriate for causal night.
Jacket without tie is the requested dress for gentlemen on causal night.
Palazzo Pants are another option for ladies on casual night. Palazzo Pants are defined by their extra wide leg and high-waisted fit.
Gentlemen who want a more polished look may select something like this classic blue blazer and khaki dress trouser combination

Last edited by FormerlySanFranBayCruiser on Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:01 pm

More to come on Casual Night
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:22 pm

Not Acceptable
This is the time to use common sense and good judgment, if you question if it would be acceptable, chances are it won't be so move on and bring clothes that fit within the recommended guidelines.

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Denim10

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Orange10

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Tea_le10

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Fonzie10
Basically if it's denim, it should be kept out of the dining room this includes denim dresses, skirts and of course, jeans.
Close
but no cigar. While shorts are acceptable during the daytime, once evening begins at 6PM they are considered inappropriate
While this dress is very nice, it might be considered a little too dressy for causal night. A dress such as this one would work much better on Semi-Formal Night
Hey it's the Fonz. Guys
(and gals), regardless of how fine the quality or high the price tag,
leather is not acceptable. Leave it at home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:26 pm

your killing me Christina...your killing me. the only jacket i own are the kind that tie in the back!!!
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:28 pm

Hi Christina,

Are you going to do a semi-formal night and a formal night section also.

If you could add anything on bow ties ? ie vis vis pre-tied or tie yourself , that would be nice ? No need to go into the details like you did with the Bras in part 1 Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:32 pm

Ronrocks wrote:
your killing me Christina...your killing me. the only jacket i own are the kind that tie in the back!!!

lol! Ron we need to take you shopping!

lordoftime wrote:
Hi Christina,

If you could add anything on bow ties ? ie vis vis pre-tied or tie
yourself , that would be nice ? No need to go into the details like you
did with the Bras in part 1 Wink

lordoftime - yes absolutely and please feel free to ask questions, remember I'm here to help and guide our first time Cunard guests Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:42 pm

Thanks Christina! Great job!

I think one of the formal wear websites, had a video on how to tie a bow tie, or maybe it was on youtube?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:50 pm

FormerlySanFranBayCruiser wrote:
Ronrocks wrote:

lordoftime wrote:
Hi Christina,

lordoftime - yes absolutely and please feel free to ask questions, remember I'm here to help and guide our first time Cunard guests Very Happy

Oh see...you said it...the "S" word. Suddenly my wallet has started to tingle. I see a trip to Goodwill in my future.

So I have a question. Say I am laying out by the pool around lunch time. Do I have to go all the way back to room under the broiler room and change clothes before I go to the all you can eat buffet? Or is thier a place where I can go grab a hamburger without all the hassle? scratch

How soon can you be here Christina?? affraid
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:57 pm

Great posts, as usual Christina. Very helpful.

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:01 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
Great posts, as usual Christina. Very helpful.

lmao...how would you know? What do you know about fashion? You look like a big ole bumblebee in your new tournouts. lol Hey maybe you could wear that on formal night? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:04 pm

Pete you have a PM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:06 pm

Trashy vs Classy
Classic clothing doesn't have to be boring and, showing off your coochie is not classy. Here are some guidelines to follow:

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Brit10
Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Nmt1uq10

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Php91r10

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Gray10

Trashy. No one wants to see your butt, no matter how firm it might be or how much you might like to show it off.
Classy.
Shorter skirts and dresses can work when the proper length (somewhere
between above the knee and mid thigh) is selected. A few inches makes
a big difference!
Trashy. Guys keep the shirts buttoned up and the gold limited to a watch.
Classy.
You don't have look like you just stepped out of Brooks Brothers but,
when selecting clothes, go for something classic over trendy. It will
be an investment you can wear time after time without it being out of
style.
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:08 pm

Thanks Christina this is a great service you are offering,

Ok lets get the bow tie question tied up then Smile

Are pre-tied bow ties that clip around the back of the neck considered 'tacky' ?
Are they rarely seen on Cunard ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Ronrocks wrote:
Ronrocks wrote:

lordoftime wrote:
Hi Christina,

Oh see...you said it...the "S" word. Suddenly my wallet has started to tingle. I see a trip to Goodwill in my future.

So I have a question. Say I am laying out by the pool around lunch time. Do I have to go all the way back to room under the broiler room and change clothes before I go to the all you can eat buffet? Or is thier a place where I can go grab a hamburger without all the hassle? scratch

Ron, first of all daytime is much more relaxed but, bathing suits and even shorts are still a no-no in the dining room. However, you could very easily wear shorts to the Kings Court Buffet during the day and, weather permitting, there is the Boardwalk Cafe which serves hamburgers, hot dogs, etc and that's located by the pool on Deck 12.

And don't worry, Tina, Marina and I will have you Cunard ready!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:14 pm

lordoftime wrote:

Are pre-tied bow ties that clip around the back of the neck considered 'tacky' ?

Bow Ties
Unless you're under the age of 12, please try to learn how to tie a bow tie, with practice, you'll get it!

To tie the Bow Tie Knot, select a bow tie of your choice and stand in front of a mirror. Then simply follow the steps below:

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Bow01

1) Place the bow tie around your neck, situating it so that end "A" is about two inches longer than end "B".

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Bow02

2) Cross end "A" over end "B".

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Bow03

3) Bring end "A" up and under the loop.
Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Bow04

4) Now double end "B" over itself to form the front base loop of the bow tie.
Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Bow05

5) Loop end "A" over the center of the loop you just formed.

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Bow06

6) Holding everything in place, double end "A" back on itself and poke it through the loop behind the bow tie.

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Bow07
7) Adjust the bow tie by tugging at the ends of it and straightening the center knot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:18 pm

Ronrocks wrote:
Ronrocks wrote:

lordoftime wrote:
Hi Christina,

Ron, first of all daytime is much more relaxed but, bathing suits and even shorts are still a no-no in the dining room. However, you could very easily wear shorts to the Kings Court Buffet during the day and, weather permitting, there is the Boardwalk Cafe which serves hamburgers, hot dogs, etc and that's located by the pool on Deck 12.

And don't worry, Tina, Marina and I will have you Cunard ready!

That's what I am afraid of. Tina, Christina, Marina, & Staci. I don't stand a chance...lol. You have to think "moderation" when it comes to me and ssshhhh.....sssshhhhhoooo......sssshhhooooppping. There I said it. I am good for an hour or so...maybe less. So an hour a day I am good. The girls on the other hand..you will have your work cut out for you. They could shop all day. We have these things here called Outlet Malls or as I like to call them.."manhell" Usually I take a good book and hit the bench. Now if I could shop while watching a ball game..then I will be no problems at all!! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:19 pm

This video might be of help: http://www.beautiesltd.com/howtotie.aspx
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:19 pm

OK thanks at 58 it's time for me to learn a new skill. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:20 pm

lordoftime wrote:

Bow Ties
Unless you're under the age of 12, please try to learn how to tie a bow tie, with practice, you'll get it!

To tie the Bow Tie Knot, select a bow tie of your choice and stand in front of a mirror. Then simply follow the steps below:

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Bow01

1) Place the bow tie around your neck, situating it so that end "A" is about two inches longer than end "B".

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Bow02

2) Cross end "A" over end "B".

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Bow03

3) Bring end "A" up and under the loop.
Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Bow04

4) Now double end "B" over itself to form the front base loop of the bow tie.
Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Bow05

5) Loop end "A" over the center of the loop you just formed.

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Bow06

6) Holding everything in place, double end "A" back on itself and poke it through the loop behind the bow tie.

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Bow07
7) Adjust the bow tie by tugging at the ends of it and straightening the center knot.

Wait..I have to wear a BOWTIE TOO!!! Don't they make clip-ons? I can tie a regular tie does that count? Any other good news Christina? Wanna wax my back while you are at it?? lol hide
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Ron... I like a challenge! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:23 pm

Yes Ron, you're not 5, you're a grown man, learn how to tie a bow tie - you know for special occasions it comes in handy Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:26 pm

Yes Ron, you're not 5, you're a grown man, learn how to tie a bow tie - you know for special occasions it comes in handy Wink

oh yeah...that.... .

Well I would love to practice but I don't own a bow tie...oh darn I hate that...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:28 pm

Yes Ron, you're not 5, you're a grown man, Wink

I can provide you with the names and phone numbers of several people that would love to argue this point with you. lol!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:29 pm

Ron- I think you will get along with my husband! He is awful to take shopping! I usually just order his clothes online, and make him try them on at home.

And yes, he usually wears pre-tied bow ties with his tux, but I will order him a "real" one and see how he does with it.

Christina- I bought two tux shirts, one wingtip and one lay down, can he wear a bow tie with the laydown collar or just the wingtip?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:31 pm

can you just send the guy in the leather jacket to my cabin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2   Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christina's Fashion Crash Course for QM2 - Part 2
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Cunard-
Jump to: