Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Obama Inaguration!

Go down 
+7
NDJollyMon
mytee4ever
darlene
thevacationstop
RKlein
cruizer7
duke214
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:40 pm

RKlein wrote:
Ahhhhhhhhhh,

I said I would stop!
Hah! got ya started!! Razz
Back to top Go down
RKlein
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
RKlein

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:57 pm

Fun bunch, I'll fit in just fine here..

Just have to watch out for the posting police..Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:05 am

No police ... maybe a Bobby or two (carrying sticks but no guns). Wink
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:00 am

You know the cheesy saying brother...."YOU GO, WE GO!" Laughing
Oh, wait...you were talkin' about me! (you know I have super-powers here now??!!)
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:27 am

Wishing all our Neighbors a Happy Inauguration Day from Canada.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:27 pm

Ron...I'm just used to doing "The Heimlich" on everyone you talk too.... Laughing

Hey...can you believe all the people at inauguration?! WOW!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:41 pm

For anyone interested, now is the time to start heading for your respective televisions or live streams... It's going to start in about 15 - 20 minutes.
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:44 pm

I've been watchin' since 5am CST ... my daughter is out there somewhere (momma is so proud). Wink
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:49 pm

I'm in my recliner....netbook on my lap...watching on Tv.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:55 pm

Aretha = yeah, gettin' s bit misty eyed here. I'm just a sentimental ol' fool I guess. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:58 pm

Sorry Aretha..you still can't sing..lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Ron, it could've been Rosanne Barr singing (and we know how bad she is!) and I still would've teared up (patriiotic songs do that to me in general). Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:03 pm

The "error" is over!! Dubya is no longer prez (even tho Obama hasn't taken the oath yet, he is now officially prez).

Last edited by Ivanova on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:33 pm

Tell us how you really feel Ron lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:35 pm

i did not vote for obama but i support my country and my president
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:54 pm

Ronrocks wrote:
Admin wrote:
Tell us how you really feel Ron lol!

You really don't want me to do that!!! lol. Normally I would say that we have know one to blame but ourselves for the past 8 years but Bush stole the election last time. So we can blame him. THANK GOD we didn't put John McSain and Moose Hunter Barbie in the White House!!!

What affraid you mean that wasn't Tina Fey running for office? Wink
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:54 pm

Change has come to America. I, for one, believe it.

I officially have a new boss...and I'm grateful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:01 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
i did not vote for obama but i support my country and my president

Change Obama to Bush and this is what I've been choking out for the last 8 long years. Oh and from 1988 to 1992 just a different Bush.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:28 pm

Something that is truly American.....our ability to unite regardless of how different we are.

My in-laws are die-hard to the core Republicans (they vote for the party, not the person). They cannot stand any Democrat, no exceptions. Yet they respect the OFFICE of president with reverence and give that same respect to the holder of the office, regardless of party. And they hang a picture of the current prez in their dining room ... I'll bet tomorrow Obama's picture (cut out of a magazine or newspaper until they can get an official pic from the White House) will be on the wall.

I can't talk politics with my in laws Wink but I love how they can set aside the politics and respect the office and the man (now the real question is would they have hung a picture of Hilary, or just hung Hilary?).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:41 pm

Tina Fey is too smart to want the hassles of running for public office.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:44 pm

susan - i said i did not vote for obama/biden but he is now the president and i respect it and i respect the men and women who fight for our country and that's it. you don't have to like the person in office you have to at the least respect the office. he represents our country and i care how that looks to the world.
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:58 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
you don't have to like the person in office you have to at the least respect the office. he represents our country and i care how that looks to the world.

This is what I stress to my children. Respect is the key. I tell my daughters all of the time you do not have to like your teachers but you must respect them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:17 pm

and that's the beauty of America ... how many other countries can you honestly say have such a smooth transition of power where opponents can reach across whatever divides them and respect not only the office but also the officeholder?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:20 pm

amen to that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:21 pm

it just gives me the warm fuzzies Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama Inaguration!   Obama Inaguration! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obama Inaguration!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: General Cruise Topics :: General Questions and Answers-
Jump to: