Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship

Go down 
+3
Cruising Rays
lolomeme
Greta
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship   Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:36 pm

ok maybe i'm just overprotective but i wouldn't allow my kid to go on a cruise with a 30 something year old man without his whole family going. i don't know that just doesn't sound right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship   Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:49 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
ok maybe i'm just overprotective but i wouldn't allow my kid to go on a cruise with a 30 something year old man without his whole family going. i don't know that just doesn't sound right.

Exactly what I said when it happened.

So Susan, I am guessing the mother wasn't too swift either. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship   Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:52 pm

Assuming mom was in the picture (single Dad could've been stupidly naive).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship   Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:57 pm

Ivanova wrote:
Assuming mom was in the picture (single Dad could've been stupidly naive).

It was "mom". I saw an interview with her back then. She said she didn't think anything was unusual about it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship   Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:18 pm

she didn't think anything unusual? i guess i don't know the circumstances so i can't really say but i think a man befriending a boy and taking him on a cruise seems strange. pat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship   Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:28 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
she didn't think anything unusual?

Yeah she was probably listening to the little people in her head. BeamMeUp
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship   Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:36 pm

Okay, then she's an idiot, naive, or a bit of both.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship   Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:52 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship   Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:05 pm

I don't know, during my 22 years of teaching I saw many parents, mom and dads alike, let their children do things with other adults that I wouldn't dream of letting my children do. I think they just always don't think that a "friend" of the family would ever do anything to hurt their child.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com

PostSubject: Re: Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship   Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:41 pm

i guess you're right because i have first hand experience of that 'friend of the family' idea.
Back to top Go down
qkdo
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship   Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:28 pm

Awh. I think the cruise ships are very safe. It sounds very fishy.

My heart goes out to their families also.
Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship   Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:05 pm

Susan, I have told Jeannine and now I am telling you, I would never jump off a cruise ship, I would have to be pushed!!!! HolySheep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship   Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:48 pm

Laura, and even pushing won't be enough - they'd have to prior your fingers off the railing, pick you up, and fling you overboard!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship   Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:16 am

Ivanova wrote:
Laura, and even pushing won't be enough - they'd have to prior your fingers off the railing, pick you up, and fling you overboard!! Wink

And boy, would we like to talk about how difficult that would be? lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship   Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elderly Couple "Fell" off a Carnvial Ship
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2