Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ramada Inn - Ft. Lauderdale

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cruisequeen
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Ramada Inn - Ft. Lauderdale Empty
PostSubject: Ramada Inn - Ft. Lauderdale   Ramada Inn - Ft. Lauderdale Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 5:00 pm

Anyone ever stayed at the Ramada Inn in Ft. Lauderdale (close to the port)? We have a large group staying there and hope it's not a disappointment. I know we aren't getting a luxury hotel but is it nice?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruisesnyou.com
newmexiconita
NCL Host
NCL Host

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Ramada Inn - Ft. Lauderdale   Ramada Inn - Ft. Lauderdale Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 11:38 pm

I have read both very good and very bad, but regardless you will be with friends and family plus it is only for a day or so.

NIta8)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Beware...   Ramada Inn - Ft. Lauderdale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 2:23 pm

Follows is the review I wrote on Trip Advisor awhile back. I know, it's been a couple of years, but there have been several more like mine that are more current.

Check Tripadvisor.com for more.

Dan

I only give it a one star because I cannot give it none”

Ramada Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruiseport

flutepilot
Waukesha, Wisconsin

Sep 7, 2006

Our travel agent booked us here with no prior knowledge of the property. He will not use it again. We waited nearly an hour for the shuttle at the dock. When it finally arrived, the driver took our bags and threw them over the bags on the back of the trailer all the way to the front of the trailer. Yes, one thing got broken. The temperature was in the 90's, the shuttle was full and there was no air conditioning in the shuttle. We arrived at the motel, went to the museum downtown for the King Tut exhibit, arriving back at about 1:00. The dining room was closed, so we sat at the bar - and sat at the bar - and sat at the bar being completely ignored by the person behind the bar. When I finally got his attention many minutes later, he told us in a very condescending manner (what, you didn't know that?) that the indoor bar was closed but the outdoor bar was open for lunch. My wife was quite ill - turned out to be pneumonia contracted on the ship - but out into the 90+ degree heat to find no seating in the shade to try to get lunch. When we got to the room, we found that place was rather unkempt, and the TV remote needed batteries. We called and, 40 minutes later, I finally went down to the desk myself. The property is in the middle of nowhere. No car? Too bad. The buffet breakfast was alright, except the staff was rather surley. After our experience with the shuttle, we called a cab for the airport. We spoke with the cabbie, and he said that he now knew why so many people called a cab from that property instead of using the shuttle to the port or airport. Avoid this place like the plague!

• This TripAdvisor Member:

• Liked — Price
    • Disliked — Location, staff attitude, room cleanliness, shuttle
    • Tips/Secrets: — Don't go here!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ramada Inn - Ft. Lauderdale   Ramada Inn - Ft. Lauderdale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ramada Inn - Ft. Lauderdale
Page 1 of 1