Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Empty
PostSubject: Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room   Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:13 pm

Hi everyone,

Sorry it took so long to locate photos of the Rafter's Room at Tavern on the Green. The photos are below, I think you'll all agree this gives us much more elbow room!

Tina

Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Rafter10

Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Rafter11
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room   Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:16 pm

Very nice! I sure hate to soil those chairs with flying food! Maybe...I'll have to behave????

Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Colorado Gal
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room   Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:16 pm

Much better, certainly not as tight as the other room. Any more photos? I'd love to see them! Even if it isn't of the room we'll be using.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room   Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:34 pm

I have a few... Enjoy! And, yes, there is a gift shop inside.

Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room 29313110

Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room 11694410

Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room 11694310

Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room 11694411

Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room 15178510

Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room 15281010
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room   Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:40 pm

Thanks for the photo's Tina..............it looks awesome.

Can you possibly tell us what the dress code will be and what time dinner is set for. Is a jacket a requirement for men or not?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room   Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:47 pm

Hi Patti, Tavern on the Green is a very pretty restaurant. I'll call the dress code "country club casual". No jackets or ties required. Sweaters and dress slacks would work fine for both ladies and gentlemen. Keep in mind this will be Winter in NYC, so, it will be cold. The only real no-no would be jeans, especially ripped/torn jeans. So, think somewhere between casual night and semi-causal night on a cruise ship - does that help?

Tina
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room   Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:54 pm

Sorry I didn't see the question about time. Right now, we have it set for 6pm, but, we might bump that back to 5:30 to give us enough time to have dinner and then get to the two different theaters since we're splitting up for the evening after dinner. We will be heading to Broadway for both groups, we will have a family friendly option and then a show that is geared to more adult tastes. And, then the following night we'll have dinner together and go to Radio City together for the Christmas Spectacular.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room   Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 4:09 pm

how nice does this sound? even for a ny'er whose done all this before it just seems so special at christmas time and especially with this group.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room   Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:13 pm

Tina: Once again, YOU ROCK Cheers !!!

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room   Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:48 pm

Admin wrote:
The only real no-no would be jeans, especially ripped/torn jeans.

Tina
I personally never understood why people pay more for jeans that are ripped..... Rolling Eyes anyway,bet this place is really amazing at Christmas time.........
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room   Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:54 pm

Admin wrote:
Hi Patti, Tavern on the Green is a very pretty restaurant. I'll call the dress code "country club casual". No jackets or ties required. Sweaters and dress slacks would work fine for both ladies and gentlemen. Keep in mind this will be Winter in NYC, so, it will be cold. The only real no-no would be jeans, especially ripped/torn jeans. So, think somewhere between casual night and semi-causal night on a cruise ship - does that help?
Tina
Thank you so much..............you have my hubby a very happy traveler!! Oh, and me too!!

Admin wrote:
Sorry I didn't see the question about time. Right now, we have it set for 6pm, but, we might bump that back to 5:30 to give us enough time to have dinner and then get to the two different theaters since we're splitting up for the evening after dinner. We will be heading to Broadway for both groups, we will have a family friendly option and then a show that is geared to more adult tastes. And, then the following night we'll have dinner together and go to Radio City together for the Christmas Spectacular.
Sounds purrrrfect! Thanks so much
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room   Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:57 pm

I found a Christmas time photo of the main dining room.

Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Xmasto10
Back to top Go down
atbcat
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
atbcat

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room   Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:35 pm

Wow, what a beautiful shot, Marina! I can't wait! :-)

714-402-8069
email: allthebestcruises@hotmail.com
Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Mystery-Signature
Back to top Go down
http://www.allthebestcruisesandtours.com
Cruising Rays
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruising Rays

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room   Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:03 pm

Thanx for the pics Tina and Marina.....gonna feel like a princess eating there.

Kim and Mike Smile
Back to top Go down
lolomeme
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
lolomeme

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room   Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:11 pm

It sure looks like this will be a wonderful evening! Thanks so much Tina and Marina for the pictures. I forgot how nice New York can be at the holidays. Guess I've lived in Florida too long!
Lois

Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Event

Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room   Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:33 pm

This is making it real hard to wait for Christmas 2010!
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com

PostSubject: Re: Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room   Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:01 am

Greta, I totally agree! I don't know how I am going to wait until Christmas 2010!!
It all looks so beautiful!

~Jackie
Back to top Go down
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Da Bronx Bombers Fan

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room   Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:31 pm

We'll have a wonderful time, I'm positive of it - and who can argue with the menu! :eat: I'm ready now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room   Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tavern on the Green - Rafter's Room
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Freek Group Cruises :: 2010 Group Cruises :: Holiday Cruise on Explorer of the Seas-
Jump to: