Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:47 pm

Michele,

She would've simply super-glued the parents faces to the sign, because obviously they could see it "so far away." Wink
Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:59 pm

Ivanova wrote:
Michele,

She would've simply super-glued the parents faces to the sign, because obviously they could see it "so far away." Wink

Yeah, I would have done that...and also told them to get their kids out of the adult pool because they are bugging me and they don't belong there and when they ignore me, I get a higher up crew member to throw their stupid butts out!!! Old and mean people...I am so not kidding!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:13 pm

Well I for one have no problem with telling others how I feel. Kids or otherwise. If a little tickturd wants to get out of line and his parents don't want to do anything about then I will. No thinking twice about it. Don't get me wrong. I love kids but it is about respect and safety. It between them and my family being safe and having a good time..then I chose my family.
Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:15 pm

Ronrocks wrote:
Well I for one have no problem with telling others how I feel. Kids or otherwise. If a little tickturd wants to get out of line and his parents don't want to do anything about then I will. No thinking twice about it. Don't get me wrong. I love kids but it is about respect and safety. It between them and my family being safe and having a good time..then I chose my family.

AMEN!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:24 pm

wanna really get her started? Ask her about "Violet & Veruca" on the Disney Panama Canal cruise of 2005!!! HolySheep
Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:26 pm

Ivanova wrote:
wanna really get her started? Ask her about "Violet & Veruca" on the Disney Panama Canal cruise of 2005!!! HolySheep

Insert sound of shot gun being loaded here :taz:
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:44 pm

Laura...what do you do to the CHAIR HOGS on deck? What a Face

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:45 pm

Pete, unless you're a chair hog, you really don't wanna know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:47 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA ok I wanna know about Violet and Veruca. Laughing And then tell me about the chair hogs. I may need it this weekend on Indy.
Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:51 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
Laura...what do you do to the CHAIR HOGS on deck? What a Face

What chair hogs? I have had problems with unattended towels, but never chair hogs!! See, I figure that if a towel has been left unattended with NOTHING else around it, like a book and/or bag...that it has been abandoned and needs to go into the bin with all the other abandoned towels. I will ask the people in the pool if anyone is sitting here (cause if you are in the pool you are in the area and you have not abandoned your towel, you will need it soon). Then I sit my big butt on a new unabandoned towel. And on the occaision when some joker comes around (generally 2-3 hours later) claiming that it is their chair, I just laugh and ask where the heck have they been? I have been here not you and if you don't like it, ask the bartender/server who I have been order from and tipping generously whos chair this is...This usually gets me called several colorful metaphors to which I laugh and say, "Is that the best you can do? I mean I knew you were lame, but that is really sad..." at which point they stalk off and go b**** at someone who really doesn't care and says, no saving chairs.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:57 pm

I like it! People that save chairs like that...make me mad! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:05 pm

crusinmama06 wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA ok I wanna know about Violet and Veruca. Laughing And then tell me about the chair hogs. I may need it this weekend on Indy.

Where to start on this one...honestly, you will have to wait until I get home tonight for this one. It requires more time than I can give to it at work. Suffice it to say, the following rules were true:

Your children are not as charming, amusing, funny or brilliant as you think
No one else wants to hear what your children think all the time
Your children should not be at cocktail tastings
If your children choose to try and run and cut in front of me and I happen to accidently knock them down, it is not my fault
If your children choose to ask me inane questions, they are liable to be told that there are poisoned creatures that love to eat children living in that pond they are sticking their hands in and splashing people with.
And, I have no problem making your child fearful or making them cry if you won't
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:21 pm

Veruca and Violet were two total brats (siblings) on the sailing ... we had the misfortune of having the tables next to them at dinner ... and believe me, we felt badly for their servers!!!!

Laura, and several others in our group (including my hubby and daughter) also had the misfortune of spending the excursion in Curacao with these two hellions (and their mother and grandmother). I on the other hand was learning to dive. Their excursion was bad period, but these two brats made it just that much worse.

Needless to say, by the end of the 14 night cruise we were seriously contemplating their demise (along with their mommy).
Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:24 pm

Ivanova wrote:
Veruca and Violet were two total brats (siblings) on the sailing ... we had the misfortune of having the tables next to them at dinner ... and believe me, we felt badly for their servers!!!!

Laura, and several others in our group (including my hubby and daughter) also had the misfortune of spending the excursion in Curacao with these two hellions (and their mother and grandmother). I on the other hand was learning to dive. Their excursion was bad period, but these two brats made it just that much worse.

Needless to say, by the end of the 14 night cruise we were seriously contemplating their demise (along with their mommy).

You forgot the fact the mommy let them run around at dinner and on the last night they tripped a waiter who spilled hot food on an older couple and when the mom complained that the waiter should have been more careful, we just lost it and ripped them a new one...ok, several new ones...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:25 pm

Tickturd? roflmao That is funny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:26 pm

Immebsmom wrote:
Ivanova wrote:

You forgot the fact the mommy let them run around at dinner and on the last night they tripped a waiter who spilled hot food on an older couple and when the mom complained that the waiter should have been more careful, we just lost it and ripped them a new one...ok, several new ones...
Hence why we felt bad for the servers ... I love the excuse Mom gave about her children being medicated ... Jeannine snapped back that they obviously weren't medicated enough!!! Shocked That shut up momma.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:32 pm

Oh my gosh, I hope the older couple weren't hurt seriously. I can't believe the mother blamed the waiter. What butt munch, I hope you gave it to her good.
Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:14 am

The Tale of Veruka and Violet (As in Veruka Salt and Violet Boregard of Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory fame...Gene Wilder version, not Johnny Depp. Although they were brother and sister, those were the personalities. They made Mike TV look positively angelic)

Let me start this story off by saying that I do not hate children. I adore well behaved children, and most children like me despite my full legal name to them (Yes, Aunty Brat, m'am,sir, mom, coach, dad, potentate, she who must be obeyed...isn't that lovely) which must be used when attempting to suck up to me for anything. Ask Susan, I can get children to go on rides they won't go on with their parents, because I make it fun! Kids will tell their parents they would rather go with me, cause their parents are to sissified. I am a big dog!

This is a tale of adults who fall into the category "the rules don't apply to them'. If something says must be 21 or older, that apprently means ok to bring the kids. Adults only means, except for my darling children. And going on a cruise means that the staff are not only at your beck and call, but are in fact, indentured servants who have absolutely no one else to look after but you and your charming tots.

I knew we were in trouble after the first dinner. We were seated next to them, and the kids threw their crayons on the floor. Not dropped, threw, with quite a bit of venom to it. By the way, these kids were probably 4 & 6 years old, so definately old enough to know better. The mother then called the head server over and did not ask, but told him, HE needed to pick up the crayons. She also allowed them to run around the restaurant, despite repeated requests to not do it because it was dangerous, but she was on vacation and so were her children and they were there to have fun. When at the end of the cruise, the inevitable crash occured, and she started in the server, Jeannine and I started in on her and her monsterous children. But, I jump ahead.

We went to a cocktail tasting, 21 and older, and there were the little cherubs, interrupting the person doing the demo and then demanding that they get special drinks made just for them. Which the mother insisted they do, after all, everyone else got something to drink (but we were adults and drinking adult beverages)

At about day 5 of this cruise, we wanted to enjoy the adults only pool. And who should show up but Varuka and Violet. I had had enough of them and since I only had a few hours before dinner and more of their shennanigans, I had had enough. I announced, very loudly that this was adults only, no children allowed. The mother then said, but the childrens pool is too crowded. I then said just as loudly, that I didn't care, it was adults only, and the kids needed to leave. (Bear in mind that she has dragged these kids to all sorts of adult activities, so plenty of adults are not real happy with her). She then attempts to mad dog me (which is a joke as you have probably figured out) and I just mad dogged her back and said very loudly for everyones benefit "I just love dealing with people who don't think they have to follow the rules. Apparently I will have to go get an officer to get these kids out of here!!" Stood up and started heading towards one...she left and gave me dirty looks at dinner that night...where her children once again, behaved terribly. This pretty much went on the whole cruise, and then we got to Curacao. And we went on the Hato Bat Cave tour. Ok, it is hot...it is freaking Africa hot and very humid. The air conditioning on the bus was actually a swamp cooler, which didn't cool in down and did manage to raise the humidity even more. As we are leaving we drive by a McDonalds, and immedately the V&V start in that they want to go to McDonalds and they went on and on and on about it, until we made it to a stop. And of course, this tour stopped at a couple of places. One of which was an old home that was now restored as a museum. Out in back there was a cistern which collected water and helped supply water to the place. It was not covered and they said to excercise extreme caution around it. Of course V&V immediately crawled up on the edge and started running around. Since mommy was no where to be seen, I told them to get down before they fell in. He told me I couldn't tell him what to do. I told him your right, but I can point and laugh when you fall in and drown. They got down and the mother then came up and made a comment about people disciplining other peoples children. My comment back, was well someone had to, and apprently she would have prefered them to drown and walked away. We then get the Hato Bat caves. So it is even hotter and even more humid here. We were thinking that the caves would be cooler....NO...this excursion was the freaking Batan Death march and we paid for the privledge. So up the 100+ stairs to get into the cave. The kids were at the end of the line. As hot as it was outside, it was even hotter and more humid inside. But, by goodness, I was going to see these freaking caves, and it had to get cooler the futher in we went, right? So here we are going down these steep trails (oblivious to the fact that we will have to climb up said trails after we get in) and who comes running pell mell shoving people, but V&V...now Jeannine and I are not little girls. And we can hear them coming. As they attempt to pass us, their way was barred, and when they tried to go under us, (yes under us) they got knocked down and went back crying to mommy. Now in this cave are ponds of water with very small fish in them. Apparently, we were all needed to cool down and splashing us with warm, bat guanoed pond water seemed like a good thing to do as far as V&V were concerned. The guide told them to stop, that it would disturb the fish...the mother laughed and took pictures. When the child asked me what did the lady say about the fish, I told him that they were a type of pirannah and were probably already nibbling on his fingers and that if he fell in he was done for. This did get him to stop splashing people and got me another nasty look from mom, because he ran crying to her because the fish were going to eathim. Myself and adults in the immediate area laughed. Finally, it is time to trudge back up the steep slops to get out of the bat caves from hell, and now the kids are going up to everyone and begging us to carry them because they are tired and mommy can't cause she has a bad back. So we got to listen to an hour of crying and begging. Finally we are outside where 100 degrees and 40% humidity is absolutely delightful. We get on the bus, and the little girl starts in that the swamp cooler is dripping on her. So, move,the bus wasn't full...nope, she kept raising her hand and interrupting the guide to announce the water had dripped on her again. At this point another adult looked at her and said, then move or don't mention it again.

Now we are at the end of the cruise, when the kids tripped the waiter and the older couple got hot food dumped on them. Everyone rushed to make sure the older couple and waiter were ok. Thankfully they were. The kid laughed and thought it was funny. The mother then started in the waiter and head server about how careless he was and that her child could have been hurt. This is when Jeannine lost it. Me, I am a blow up and it is done. She does the slow burn and when she goes, it is Mount St Helens...total devistation of an apocolyptic nature. She lit into the woman and told her that it was not the waiters fault, it was her fault for having such uncontrolled children. That she should be embarrased to show her face. Told her how rude she was to the waiters making them pick up after her kids and that she ought to be reported to CPS because obviously she was negligent. The woman then said, you don't understand, my children are on medication, and which point Jeannine said obviously not enough or not the right kind, and medication doesn't excuse their behavior and it most certainly doesn't excuse yours. You are a disgrace to parents everywhere. And as we walked off as she attempted to convince all the other diners who had put up with them, that it wasn't her fault.

Now, aren't you sorry you asked???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:22 am

Yup, that's V&V in a nutshell.
Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:39 am

Ivanova wrote:
Yup, that's V&V in a nutshell.

And I thought I edited myself pretty good too!!!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:44 am

Great story! I laughed to tears! I mean it's funny, but not funny. I like your style....
There are too many parents in this world....that don't deserve to be parents.

Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 1:18 am

NDJollyMon wrote:
Great story! I laughed to tears! I mean it's funny, but not funny. I like your style....
There are too many parents in this world....that don't deserve to be parents.

Glad I could entertain you all...in fact, they set a new standard on how bad were the kids at what ever place...were they Veruka and Violet bad? cheers
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 1:22 am

And people wonder why I got out of teaching after 22 years!! I loved the children but dealing with parents whose sons/daughters are perfect angels and can do no wrong does get to you after awhile. When people ask if I miss teaching I can honestly tell them that there are times I miss some of the adults I worked with but I definitely do not miss the parents!!! (And I taught Special Education Students!!)

My two daughters have been taught how to behave in public and when they don't they don't like the consequences. They are not perfect and I will never claim that they are but they know that for them to get respect they must also give respect. By the way my youngest is "on medication" and the only time I really worried about her on a vacation was on the 18 hour flight to South Africa and I couldn't medicate her because of the time changes. I suffered more than anyone else because she was so stimulated by the tv at her seat that she couldn't sleep which meant I didn't sleep. On the return trip she had some college students that entertained her and we had no problems. (She was 10 at the time.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 8:52 am

That was a great story, thank you for sharing! I am a day care provider, and know exactly what yout talking about when you say the parents can be more of a problem. Some parents these days are so wishy-washy- when it comes to putting their foot down..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 11:06 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked I don't know how you made it to the last night without physically removing "mom" and the brats from the dining room.

Those kind of people give family cruisers a bad name. Rolling Eyes

And splashing in the bat pond - ewwwwwwww.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: General Cruise Topics :: I Just Have To Say...-
Jump to: