Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:30 am

Good Monday Morning everyone,

I noticed this story this morning, and found myself totally apalled at some of the things mentioned in it. Especially the booing of the Captain at the countdown to midnight. At what point do you either resolve yourself to the fact that there is nothing you can personally do about it, or do passengers take matters into their own hands, or do you just hide in your cabin to avoid it? I just thought it might make for some interesting points of view.What is yours?

~Jackie

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/tra...ffset=0&page=1
Back to top Go down

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:04 am

this page wouldn't open for me
Back to top Go down

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:15 am

Back to top Go down

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:40 am

i think i would have made a 911 to the coast guard. i will tell you that while i have never experienced anything as terrible as they are describing i did that a rcl where the kids were horribly behaved. they ran all over the ship and knocked people down. they were left to their own devices and rcl put a 1 pm curfew in effect for kids.
Back to top Go down

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:25 pm

I myself have never witnessed anything even close to what they were describing. I remember a few years back, on a Princess ship I think, a story about some youths that were totally out of control.They called it the great "brownie riot" because they started throwing trays of brownies left from a food display, then tossing lounge chairs about. I definitely would make sure that the proper authority on the ship is aware of what was happening, but other than that, I guess you could just hope that they get thrown off the ship!
Back to top Go down

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:59 pm

Oh wow - that fiasco clearly trumps the rowdy kids I was with on Princess out of San Juan last fall. No doubt there were many who were glad to be back home again at the end of this P&O adventure.

I have known of both Celebrity and RCL to eject people for much less. When you are ruining other people's vacation, I think the cruise lines need to say something very sternly and you either shape up or get the boot!
Back to top Go down

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 5:14 pm

i think on the holiday cruises there are so many many kids that the staff just can't handle it all. on the cruise i was on i want to even say it was not the teens that were troublesome. it was the 10 year old group. parents no where in sight ever and these kids just roamed the halls and elevators. door decorations? theh destroyed all of them. i don't know who you blame but some of them should have been put off the ship.
Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-11-03

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:15 pm

Ok, I tell kids I am old and mean...so on a Disney Cruise, my friend and I were getting in the elevator, just as a group of boys who had pushed all the buttons were attempting to get off...I stopped them, and made them ride the elevator the entire time and stayed with them. Every time the elevator stopped, I told people that these boys had pushed all of the buttons and wanted to appologize to them. And yes, I made them say they were sorry! When we finally go to the last floorand I let them off, I got threatened with "I'm going to tell my mom!!!" I said, please do! Never heard from the mom and we didn't have any more problems with kids pushing all the elevator buttons. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:53 pm

Three cheers for you! cheers I hope they learned something that they will remember for a long time.

~Jackie
Back to top Go down

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:00 pm

Ah, yes, cruising with Laura (ImMebsMom) can be quite entertaining ... and any kids that know her are scared to death of her. Wink And that's a GOOD thing!!
Back to top Go down

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:05 pm

Immebsmom wrote:
Ok, I tell kids I am old and mean...so on a Disney Cruise, my friend and I were getting in the elevator, just as a group of boys who had pushed all the buttons were attempting to get off...I stopped them, and made them ride the elevator the entire time and stayed with them. Every time the elevator stopped, I told people that these boys had pushed all of the buttons and wanted to appologize to them. And yes, I made them say they were sorry! When we finally go to the last floorand I let them off, I got threatened with "I'm going to tell my mom!!!" I said, please do! Never heard from the mom and we didn't have any more problems with kids pushing all the elevator buttons. Twisted Evil

pale I'm in trouble!!!! hide

lol! Welcome to boards, I'm Nick and if Susan hasn't told you about me yet... I'm sure you'll figure out I'm one of the trouble makers on here! Wink
Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:05 pm

I am just going with my strengths...heck, even big bad electric lineman are afraid of me!!! LittleDevil
Back to top Go down

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:06 pm

Yeah, with Laura onboard Nick, Ron, Pete and anyone else on their "side" (are you reading this Steve?) are doomed, doomed I say!! lol!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:06 pm

Immebsmom wrote:

I like your style! Some people forget they are parents as soon as they step onboard ship....

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:07 pm

Immebsmom wrote:
I am just going with my strengths...heck, even big bad electric lineman are afraid of me!!! LittleDevil

You scare cancer too baby!!! Wink
Back to top Go down

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:07 pm

Immebsmom wrote:

hmmmmm me thinks me may have to convert her to the dark side! Jedi
Back to top Go down

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:08 pm

Ivanova wrote:
Yeah, with Laura onboard Nick, Ron, Pete and anyone else on their "side" (are you reading this Steve?) are doomed, doomed I say!! lol!

Susan, read my post above, I plan to convert her to the dark side!!
Back to top Go down

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:16 pm

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Cometothedarkside Cool
Back to top Go down

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:23 pm

nope, not gonna happen Wink
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:37 pm

Ivanova wrote:

Yup, I'm reading. She actually sounds pretty cool. That's the kind of thing I would do. If you read the thread about tipping, you'll see where I went off on somebody I didn't know, because they wanted to remove the tips because they ate the buffet every day instead of the dining room.

So welcome Laura.
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:41 pm

She's very cool!! We've known each other since we were toddlers Wink We actually meet in 1984 when we started working for the same public utility in SoCalif. Everyone mistakens us for being sisters, which we're fine with. Our daughters (along with Courtney) are 3 peads in a pod (my daughter being the oldest at 18, Court being 17, and Meb being 16).

I tell you, if we can get her on some of these CF group cruises, it'll be a helluva a swell time.
Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:42 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Immebsmom wrote:

hmmmmm me thinks me may have to convert her to the dark side! Jedi

According to some people I AM the dark side! However, odds of converting me are pretty slim...although I do make trouble on a semi regular basis!!! Isn't that right Susan!!! Of course I will warn you, the way I warned everyone else...Don't start with me...you will not win and in the end it and it won't be pretty!!! BadIdea
Back to top Go down

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:43 pm

Oh lordy people, whatever you do, DON'T MAKE HER GET OUT THE FLYING MONKEYS!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Da Bronx Bombers Fan

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-08-26

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:44 pm

Ivanova wrote:
She's very cool!! We've known each other since we were toddlers Wink We actually meet in 1984 when we started working for the same public utility in SoCalif. Everyone mistakens us for being sisters, which we're fine with. Our daughters (along with Courtney) are 3 peads in a pod (my daughter being the oldest at 18, Court being 17, and Meb being 16).

I tell you, if we can get her on some of these CF group cruises, it'll be a helluva a swell time.

Zoo Crew, Zoo Crew!! Bring her own over to the Zoo Crew, she'll fit in just fine!!
Back to top Go down

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:46 pm

Welcome Laura! I think hide

Laughing Laughing Laughing Seriously though, I loved your story. I needed you on my Disney cruise....when all of parents were putting their sweet children next to the sign saying "NO JUMPING" and telling them "Go ahead and jump" Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?   WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: General Cruise Topics :: I Just Have To Say...-
Jump to: