Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cruise Gift Certificate

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Cruise Gift Certificate Empty
PostSubject: Cruise Gift Certificate   Cruise Gift Certificate Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:53 pm

Hello everyone,

I am the godmother of my nieces wedding in August of this year. I want to give the couple a gift certificate for a cruise as they have shown alot of interest. How do I go about doing this??. I don't know when they will travel so I want them to make the decisions on what ship and time frame. Any suggestions???? Congratulations
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Gift Certificate   Cruise Gift Certificate Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 9:00 pm

If they are going on a RCCL ship,just go to www.rccl.com then to the DEALS AND GIFTS section...........then SHOP gifts and gears....you will see gift certificates there........various amounts and they can redeem for any ship/cruise..
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Gift Certificate   Cruise Gift Certificate Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 9:01 pm

If you know what cruiseline they are interested, that might help. Both RCCL and Celebrity offer gift certificates for varying dollar amounts. Other lines probably do to. Alternately you could work with a TA and create your own gift certificate that tells them to contact the TA and he/she will arrange the cruise for them for up to a certain $$ amount or # of days, or whatever you wish to give. It's a lovely idea and very thoughtful of you to leave the details to them!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Gift Certificate   Cruise Gift Certificate Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:43 pm

give them a gift certificate to one of the travel agents here and they will make their plans on any line.
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Gift Certificate   Cruise Gift Certificate Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:14 pm

sounds good. I will go with a travel agent. I need the gift certificate to look like a wedding gift.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Gift Certificate   Cruise Gift Certificate Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 10:13 am

oh i am sure one of them can make a very nice gift certificate for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Gift Certificate   Cruise Gift Certificate Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:49 am

gift certificates are not hard really - you can stipulate an amount, if you want to limit it to a cruise, etc.

A travel agent should have a trust account that they place the money into until the gift certificate is redeemed, at which time the money can then be applied to the travel in full.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Gift Certificate   Cruise Gift Certificate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cruise Gift Certificate
Page 1 of 1