Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Tell Me About Holiday Sailings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anna Banana
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Anna Banana

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-08-13

Tell Me About Holiday Sailings Empty
PostSubject: Tell Me About Holiday Sailings   Tell Me About Holiday Sailings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 11:32 am

I'm giving serious thought about booking the Cruise Freek Grand Princess cruise during the holidays next year. Of course, this is after getting the family to agree so I'm going to need ammuniation to sell the idea.

We all know the negatives about cruising during the holidays:

-Usually the most expensive time of year to cruise
-Ships are usually full to capacity
-Lots of kids

Now give me reasons to go Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell Me About Holiday Sailings   Tell Me About Holiday Sailings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 11:46 am

I'm a holiday cruise veteran! And I LOVE THEM!!

The pluses for me?

• Since we're cruising, we eliminate the gift factor. We see the cruise as a gift for the family instead of nickle and diming each other to death with smaller gifts. That also means no standing in endless lines in department stores or trying to find the perfect gifts.
  • For us, we're in a special circumstance, I'm a step-mom and the kids find it easier to cruise than to have Christmas at home which reminds them of the Mom they lost.
  • Even though we live in California, there is a bit of a chill in the air in San Francisco in December and we welcome the change to go to somewhere warm in the Caribbean
  • The ships are usually decorated, most cruise lines have a religious service either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, sometimes both
  • There is usually a special dinner in the dining room to mark the special day

The only reason we're not booked on this one yet is that I'm begging and pleading for school schedules for the 2008/2009 school schedules to see how many days the kids would need to miss - hopefully it's only one or two, if that's the case - we'll be booking it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell Me About Holiday Sailings   Tell Me About Holiday Sailings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 12:09 pm

Also, no one has to cook (or clean up) ... and you have plenty of time to spend together, and relax.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Tell Me About Holiday Sailings   Tell Me About Holiday Sailings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 1:38 pm

I've also been on several holiday sailings and just the warm weather factor sells me everytime. I'm developing a dedicated website for this sailing, and, will with all Cruise Freek Forum Group Sailing offers. In this holiday website, there will be photos of the ship but, I'm also including holiday photos of the ship too. Hopefully, in this case, the pictures will speak thousands of words! I'll post a link when it's ready Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
Anna Banana
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Anna Banana

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Tell Me About Holiday Sailings   Tell Me About Holiday Sailings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 1:51 pm

Wow, thanks! You guys are giving me some powerful ammo!
Back to top Go down
newmexiconita
NCL Host
NCL Host

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Tell Me About Holiday Sailings   Tell Me About Holiday Sailings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 4:34 pm

Holiday vacations are what you make of them. Sure, you will miss some of the wonders of celebrating in your home or that of family members, but like has been mentioned, no clean up, no cooking or shopping and it is a wonderful way for everyone to get together without tiring the host family out.

The only time I would think twice is when there are very young children involved. They may miss the wonders of the holidays.

Of course the ships are usually very busy, but that makes it even more fun in many ways.

Nita
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell Me About Holiday Sailings   Tell Me About Holiday Sailings Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 3:30 am

I've sailed every Christmas and New Year's since 1990 and quite frankly wouldn't think of spending the holidays any other way. On top of what the others posted, I enjoy the festive atmosphere onboard. The cruise lines do a lot of extra things to keep everyone in the holiday spirit. There just seems to be a different "vibe" throughout the ship. I also enjoy not having to deal with holiday traffic, especially the crazy New Year traffic and overpriced restaurants, hotels, parties etc. The ship puts on a nice NY Eve Party and you don't have to worry about crazy drunk drivers.
Back to top Go down
becktours
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
becktours

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Tell Me About Holiday Sailings   Tell Me About Holiday Sailings Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 1:05 pm

I agree with everyone that Holiday Sailings are very special! Not having to do dishes or clean-up is enough incentive for me to book one!!

Jeanie Beck
Travel Agent
Beck Tours & Travel
www.becktours.com
1-800-249-7151
Back to top Go down
http://www.becktours.com
luvcruising
Carnival Host
Carnival Host
luvcruising

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Tell Me About Holiday Sailings   Tell Me About Holiday Sailings Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 2:23 pm

I haven't cruised at Christmas time yet, but we did cruise at Halloween ( which was a blast) & Valentine's Day last year; Valentine's day for my family is tough because my first husband died on Valetine's day 1993 & my current husband's first wife died on Valentine's day 1994. I also have 3 grown step-children who really miss their mother, so doing something completely different on that day was wonderful.

Also, we just got back from my family's celebration on my parents' 60th wedding anniversary - their first cruise - & my Mom said that was the best celebration she's had - no worrying about what to feed everybody, where we would all sleep, no laundry to do!

luvcruising.com

uCruiser.com Ticker
Back to top Go down
http://www.luvcruising.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell Me About Holiday Sailings   Tell Me About Holiday Sailings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tell Me About Holiday Sailings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Travel Agent Topics :: Ask A Travel Agent-
Jump to: