Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Former Cruise Critic
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Former Cruise Critic

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing   Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 12:42 pm

Did you see the latest update in Ajani's blog about Genesis being homeported in Fort Lauderdale?

http://rcclprojectgenesis.blogspot.com/2007/12/genesis-of-seas-will-call-fort.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing   Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 1:25 pm

Yup, just got to the email with the info ... Ajani beat me to it. Laughing

I just wish they'd give us something a little firmer than "Fall 2009" Shocked
Back to top Go down
Former Cruise Critic
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Former Cruise Critic

Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing   Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 4:36 pm

Host Ivanova (Susan) - I have a question. I know when Royal Caribbean opens Genesis for booking, there is going to be a mad rush. Is there any way possible to "pre order" our desired cabin types and location with you and, you can somehow put them in "stand-by" mode? That they can be snagged the minute it opens up?

Hope you understand what I'm asking...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing   Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 7:40 pm

Former Cruise Critic wrote:
Host Ivanova (Susan) - I have a question. I know when Royal Caribbean opens Genesis for booking, there is going to be a mad rush. Is there any way possible to "pre order" our desired cabin types and location with you and, you can somehow put them in "stand-by" mode? That they can be snagged the minute it opens up?

Hope you understand what I'm asking...
I completely understand. Laughing

It will help if I do have an idea of what folks want in the way of room categories and locations, so I can determine how many rooms/categories to block in the group space.

If you have a specific location you want (aft, hump, etc.) and/or specific room numbers, I can request them, but I will need to put names and deposits on them quickly in order to keep them. Typically when we block group space we can say we want X number of D1 balconies, X number of E3 balconies, X number of F2 oceanviews, etc. but we aren't given specific room numbers normally.
Back to top Go down
Queen B
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Queen B

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing   Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 12:41 pm

Host Ivanova, when do you anticipate Genesis to open for booking?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing   Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 2:29 pm

Queen B,

The last time I spoke with my RCCL BDM she "thought" that it might be after the Independence of the Seas inaugural. If she's correct, then we're looking at sometime this summer. Every now and then I'll call someone at RCCL and I'll ask their opinion, and they've ranged from late this Spring to early Fall.

Group space will be available to block at the same time the itineraries open for individual bookings.

I do know that once they've set the date for opening the bookings they will tell us in advance, so that we can get all of our ducks lined up in a row and be prepared.

Once I hear any inklings of rumors from RCCL or get anything official, I'll post it here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing   Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 12:19 pm

I emailed my BDM yesterday and asked for an update, this is the response I got this morning:
Quote :
because of the size, they are still working out logistics with itineraries. We do know Genesis will sail from Ft. Laud. and we have a total of 6 islands bidding for the initial berthing that can handle this ship....that's all I know so far.

My guess is that by April we'll know more.

Back to top Go down
Czech Mate
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Czech Mate

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing   Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 8:35 pm

Host Ivanova this maybe a silly question but is there such a thing as too big of a group? I got the newsletter that said that there are nearly 100 people that are interested in Genesis for the inaugural and we're still over a year away, i'm certain that number may double. Naturally not everyone who is interested will be able to go but, I'm just wondering if there is a magic cut off number or anything and if so, how will our group be handled? For example, first come first serve or maybe a lottery?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing   Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 8:46 pm

Alex,

They may limit the maximum number of rooms that we can INITIALLY block, but normally RCCL will let us block 50 rooms without batting an eye. We can request up to 100 rooms without jumping through too many hoops, and we can exceed 100 rooms, but there's more involved in those requests.

If they initially limit us, once those rooms are full we can ask to add rooms to the group at a later date. Of course when that happens they may not appply the original group pricing to the new rooms. So it's in our best interest to block all of the space we really need, and lock them in at the same price if we can.

One thing that might help is if I have a list of passenger names, room requests, and credit card numbers for depsoits. If I call and say I need 100 rooms, and oh by the way here are the first 30 deposits, they might be more flexible.

Before they open the space for booking they will let us know what we can (and cannot) do in regards to blocking group space.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing   Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 12:23 pm

Give this Roll Call a kick start since we're getting ready to roll!
Back to top Go down
Cold Weather Cruiser
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing   Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 1:32 pm

Hello fellow cruisers, looking forward to the inaurgual and meeting all you Cruise Freeks!
Back to top Go down
Dr Donna
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing   Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 3:48 pm

More than ready to book and get the party started! Party
Back to top Go down
Tommy Bahamas
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing   Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:29 pm

Can't wait either!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing   Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:35 pm

well, we'll hopefully get some info tomorrow!! and we're having our live webinar Thursday night!!! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing   Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 2:04 pm

So is this still an active roll call??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing   Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:34 pm

we don't have another roll call going for Oasis, so I guess this is it Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing   Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Royal Caribbean's Genesis Inaugural Sailing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Freek Group Cruises :: 2009 Group Cruises :: Oasis of the Seas - Inaugural Sailing - December 5, 2009-
Jump to: