Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How cold is cold???

Go down 
+3
Greta
lordoftime
NDJollyMon
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

How cold is cold??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How cold is cold???   How cold is cold??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:07 pm

Hey Pete, friend, good buddy, pal.... Got room in your suitcase for me?
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: How cold is cold???   How cold is cold??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:08 pm

I could take out the coffee maker, the snorkel fins, 14 knives, and all my wifes shoes.....yep! What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: How cold is cold???   How cold is cold??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:12 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
and all my wifes shoes.....yep! What a Face

Not if you want to stay married, those are fighting words.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: How cold is cold???   How cold is cold??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:13 pm

I'll tell her they must have been stolen at the airport. Dang TSA guys....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How cold is cold???   How cold is cold??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:14 pm

Will one of you ladies PLEASE explain to me, one more time, WHY do you need so many shoes and why do you have to bring EVERY pair you own on vacation?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How cold is cold???   How cold is cold??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:24 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Will one of you ladies PLEASE explain to me, one more time, WHY do you need so many shoes and why do you have to bring EVERY pair you own on vacation?

If you have to ask you'll never really understand. But I'll try to explain. The shoes MUST match the outfit and in case the shoes decide to rebel and a formerly comfortable pair of shoes star to hurt you need an alternate pair. It's really all about options.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How cold is cold???   How cold is cold??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:25 pm

sorry, no can do, because I take exactly 3 pairs of shoes regardless of length of trip ... sneakers for excursions, black pumps for dinner, and flip flops or some kind of slip on shoes for day time onboard the ship. That's it. Nothing else. No coordinating, color match, have to have a different pair of shoes for every bloody outfit. Oh, but ask ImMebsMom about Jeannine and her hauling 16 pairs of shoes on a 14 night cruise. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How cold is cold???   How cold is cold??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:26 pm

Susan, I am putting you in charge of packing shoes for Leanna!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How cold is cold???   How cold is cold??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:27 pm

i confess that i usually have a suitcase of just shoes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How cold is cold???   How cold is cold??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:27 pm

Susan,

I am truly impressed. The least I ever managed was 6 pairs on a 12 day Transatlantic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How cold is cold???   How cold is cold??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:30 pm

although i just packed this weekend and all i have is neutral sandal heels, black sandal heels, pink sandal heels, sneakers, flip flops, silver ankle strap sandals, water shoes, gel flip flops and i think that is it. i might have a blue pair of sandals also but i can't remember.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How cold is cold???   How cold is cold??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:31 pm

I just make sure every dinner outfit goes with black shoes Wink During the day onboard the ship or on shore, I don't care about "matching."

Now, ask me how much CLOTHES that I end up packing......that's a whole different story.
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: How cold is cold???   How cold is cold??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:32 pm

Ivanova wrote:
sorry, no can do, because I take exactly 3 pairs of shoes regardless of length of trip ... sneakers for excursions, black pumps for dinner, and flip flops or some kind of slip on shoes for day time onboard the ship. That's it. Nothing else. No coordinating, color match, have to have a different pair of shoes for every bloody outfit.

Susan, you'll get along with my wife Jean very well. She is the same way.
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: How cold is cold???   How cold is cold??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 4:25 pm

3 pairs???? that is impressive!!!!

on my last cruise I took 8 pairs of shoes, 5 bathing suits. 4 gowns and tons of shorts and blouses
Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: How cold is cold???   How cold is cold??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:41 pm

Ivanova wrote:
sorry, no can do, because I take exactly 3 pairs of shoes regardless of length of trip ... sneakers for excursions, black pumps for dinner, and flip flops or some kind of slip on shoes for day time onboard the ship. That's it. Nothing else. No coordinating, color match, have to have a different pair of shoes for every bloody outfit. Oh, but ask ImMebsMom about Jeannine and her hauling 16 pairs of shoes on a 14 night cruise. lol!

She is not kidding...in fact the shoe issue has come up during planning for our road trip this summer and that she can not pack one suitcase just full of shoes...I usually pack 1 pair of sneakers, 2 dress pairs (black and silver), and a couple of pair of flip flops (plain and fancier, so if my feet are killing me after an excursion, I can wear the fancier flip flops to dinner instead of heels)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How cold is cold???   How cold is cold??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Laura, what are you guys driving for said road trip? The convertible or the Saturn? I don't think either one has enough room for 4 people PLUS luggage PLUS her shoes!! You will be doing laundry on the road, right?????
Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: How cold is cold???   How cold is cold??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:49 pm

Ivanova wrote:
Laura, what are you guys driving for said road trip? The convertible or the Saturn? I don't think either one has enough room for 4 people PLUS luggage PLUS her shoes!! You will be doing laundry on the road, right?????

Neither...we are renting a mini van!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How cold is cold???   How cold is cold??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:55 pm

Oh thank God!! You still need to plan to do laundry on the road though.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: How cold is cold???   How cold is cold??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:01 am

Hey HEF...thanks for turning my COLD thread into a SHOE thread!

Like we don't have enough chatter about clothes.....or lack thereof!
Laughing

PS....it's currently -13F...and my cruise count is down to 8 days....come on "Seawater Salvation!" ImNotWorthy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How cold is cold???   How cold is cold??? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How cold is cold???
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2