Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 Empty
PostSubject: Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09   Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:41 pm

Just a quick update...

Overall Bennet is doing much better! We are still in the hospital but out of Critical Care and on a general pediatric floor for monitoring. He came off oxygen on Saturday and has had only 1-2 very small, quickly resolved episodes over the weekend. He is undergoing a lot of tests as they continue to try and find out what caused the problems in the first place. We will probably be here a few more days yet as he is still on a continuous drip feeding tube that by passes the stomach into the intestines for 1/2 his feeds with the other 1/2 feed by bottle into the stomach every 3 hours. He continues to have reflux from the latter which is very uncomfortable for him. His color today has been ranging from pale to pink to dusky gray off and on although no alarms but he is being watched a little more closely. His cold symptoms appear to be cleared up as neither I nor the nurse had to suction him out since yesterday. (Otherwise it had been almost hourly!)

While Bennet is officially out of the woods as of Saturday, we still have no concrete answers as to what brought on the events that nearly caused our sweet Bennet's death. As parents this is the hardest part...waiting for them to find something and wondering if it could happen again.

Thank you all so much for the continued prayers and support...I never imagined once we came home after NICU that we would be back in such a situation and so soon! However, I am thankful that we were at least home all together for Christmas! While I seem busier now and usually only read the boards from my phone every so often I have been much encouraged by the out pouring of caring and love!

Thank you!!

"Hopelessly lost when not planning a cruise."

www.ambiancetc.com
Nina@ambiancetc.com - Time to book your cabin on the Cunard group cruises!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com

PostSubject: Re: Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09   Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:43 pm

Nina-so glad to see some sunshine in the clouds that have been hovering overhead,..
with all the support and love on here,you just have to know Bennet will get better and better everyday...........we're all rooting for him!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09   Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:56 pm

Nina, that's wonderful news! We'll continue to keep Benett as well as you and James in our prayers until he is safely home to stay.
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09   Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:08 pm

Praying for God to keep watch over all of you.
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09   Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:13 pm

That is wonderful news & thanks for taking the time to update us. I will continue to lift you all in prayer.

Towanda
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09   Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:44 pm

Nina,
It is wonderful news that your son is out of danger. I'm glad that your family has such a dedicated medical team to look after Bennet. I hope that he is home with all ofyour family very soon.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09   Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:09 pm

What a rollercoaster ride! Good to hear things are more stable. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you and your family. (you know what I mean...don't hesitate) Wink
More thoughts and prayers coming your way, Nina! Take care, & stay strong!

Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09   Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:16 pm

We are so glad that he is turning the corner. We pray it continues.
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09   Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:45 pm

my prayers are with you for a fast recuperating of your precious gift.
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09   Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:14 am

I'm so glad to hear this. As you already know we will continue to pray for your family.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com
darlene
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09   Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:37 am

i just happy he is better and getting better day by day, good luck, your still in my prayers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09   Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:34 am

Hope things continue to get better each day and that you'll be bringing your Son home real soon.
Back to top Go down
brenandjerry
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09   Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:56 am

So happy things are getting better we will keep you in our thoughts.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09   Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:32 am

We will continue to keep you and your family in our prayers.

d
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09   Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:49 pm

Nina....I'm thinking about you and Bennet today. Hope everything is alright.

Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09   Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:37 pm

Nina, I just saw this thread. Thanks for updating us. I do hope they figure out what is causing the episodes. I can only imagine how worried you are about Bennet. Maybe as he grows some, he will just outgrow this if they can't find out the cause. I will keep hoping for the best for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09   Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:41 pm

Nina - thank you so much for posting the upbeat update! I was worried but didn't want to take up any of your time by posting and asking. You have your hands full but the news is so positive and you know we are all pulling for that baby boy along with you!

On a personal note, I have had a history of breathing problems and related health issues since I was small - and am now a big 6 ft., 300 pound (well maybe less thanks to the SPARK board) middle aged man living a pretty wonderful life!!

Wishing your family ( and everyone else) a GLORIOUS 2009!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09   Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 1:29 pm

Hello Nina,

Glad to hear things are improving!!! If you need us to do something, or anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask. We will be here for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09   Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 3:06 pm

Nina's last update on Facebook said that Bennet is being discharged today:woohoo:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09   Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quick update on Bennet 1-5-09
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Cunard-
Jump to: