Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:55 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
i know everyone is laughing that i sleep eat but it's true. my husband hides my car keys. one night i ate 9 oranges in my sleep. another time i ate a quart of ben and jerrys creme brulee ice cream. i woke up in such pain screaming. my husband was getting dressed to take me to the hospital until he saw the empty container. then we knew what was wrong with me.

I was reading backwards when I posted my first comment, then I saw on the first page that you really dont know what you are eating. Sorry for joking. I have insomnia, pretty bad, but doctor wouldnt give me anything or to my mom. Some doctors are just so against sleeping pills because of the addictive element. Iv asked!! Not sleeping is certainly a bad problem, or eating while you sleep. At least you seem to usually pick something with not too many calories, like the oranges. I cant imagine trying to peel 7 of them while I was asleep. Ben and Jerrys though ..... oh no!!!

I'm waiting for temps to warm up a little more. The rain finally stopped here, so no excuses for not walking. It sounds like everyone is doing good so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:56 pm

Admin wrote:
mnmomof4 wrote:
Tina,
What type of picture for the "before" on our spark page? Anything in particular? I am assuming full length. Thanks for the info about eating out...I had no idea ..I will have to look at that more closely

Penny yes full length photo is best and you'll be so happy you did it when you reach your goal and you "see" the difference! Very Happy

Yes you are right...but I will have one on those "fat" pictures floating out there that no one wants to be reminded of Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:04 pm

Don't worry Sparkpeople lets you delete photos at anytime, so you can keep changing them out and then at the finish you can post your before and after photos for us. Is that fair?
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:06 pm

That's fair Tina. Unfortunately Chipotle is not listed in the nutrition area...I can imagine the carbs and calories....their portions are HUGE
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:09 pm

Bummer! But, look what I Googled and found for you: http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

A Chipotle nutrition calculator. Can you tell I've been at this dieting thing for a while Wink

You can take the information and use it on Sparkpeople but putting the information in manually when you're adding your daily menu.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:12 pm

Thanks Tina!!! YOu are a wealth of information...and to think I might just have eaten sometime good for me at home instead of eating out with the gang Cool
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:15 pm

Wink We'll all achieve our goals together. Like I told everyone on Sparkpeople, this has been a life long challenge for me, and, keeping it off is even tougher than losing it! I'm a carb junkie! So, I know where everyone is coming from and that's how I know how to find all of this diet info.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 5:07 pm

mnmomof4 wrote:
Yes you are right...but I will have one on those "fat" pictures floating out there that no one wants to be reminded of Embarassed

I know how you feel. I had my Dad take a series of 7 pictures, which I saved on my computer. I put #1 only on my page. On the other hand, losing 30 lbs would be doing terrific in less than 5 months, and I will still look more overweight than I want to and we will have to post a after pic on June 1st I take it. So, two pics. I'd rather not post a picture until I got to goal, about September or October Im guessing (but I posted one Embarassed )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:46 am

since getting my hours cut at work in this economy i work one day a week when they have work as a banquet server. lucky me. anyway, most of the servers are young kids and they eat sushi which i just can't do. but we were talking the other day and they said the way they stay slim is the eat every meal with chopsticks because they eat slower and it gives their brain a chance to realize their stomach is full. does it work? i don't know because i can't get the hang of those damned things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:48 am

i see by logging in my food that i don't eat anywhere near enough protein. also water is a problem. exercise too. well now i'm getting a big picture of this. it's so miserable, cold outside who wants to go out and exercise. at least when i lived in the city i was forced to walk crosstown and to work and stuff. but when you live in the burbs you drive everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:04 am

oesnjstar wrote:
i see by logging in my food that i don't eat anywhere near enough protein. also water is a problem. exercise too. well now i'm getting a big picture of this. it's so miserable, cold outside who wants to go out and exercise. at least when i lived in the city i was forced to walk crosstown and to work and stuff. but when you live in the burbs you drive everywhere.

Pat, you'll appreciate this more than most but strangely enough, part of my decision to move into Manhattan was that I would be forced into walking. Like you said, in NJ, you just don't have the same opportunity, you get in a car you go to the food store, you get in a car and to go work, you get in a car to go to a movie, etc, etc. Living in the city, I'm forced to walk everywhere and has been a great help in maintaining my weight since it's about the only form of exercise I get.

And also regarding about not getting enough Protein - Sparkpeople was real eye opener for me too Shocked I didn't realize what I was doing to myself and thinking that starving myself was the only way to lose. The only thing it did was frustrate me right back into old habits. Try to hit each number in your target ranges for all factors, calories, carbs, fats and protein - it DOES work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:06 am

Pat I know it's hard to get out and exercise in this weather. There are some exercise dvd's you can get from the local library. I have 2 littles ones at home (2 older ones at school) and I have to bundle them up take them out in -10 temps to the daycare at the Y while I exercise....but I have to do this..I've never been a good dieter. This spark people is good...I like that it counts your calories. LAst night I had to go to Chipotle with the family and I managed to eat only 535 calories compared to 1135 which is the food I usually eat there. I still came in under 1300 for the day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:58 am

tina - absolutely when i lived in the city i didn't have a car and you know how hard it is to get crosstown so i would hoof it crosstown everywhere. and you are definitely right about nj and the car. the best thing i did was when i got my miata convertible i will park it way in the back of the lot. before i would circle the lot a million times until i got a space up front. but that's it for exercise - the parking lot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:01 am

I've been a bad, bad boy - I fell off the wagon already. So, I'm starting over again today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:06 am

Nick...there is always a fresh start.
Back to top Go down
Triangle
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
Triangle

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:48 am

mnmomof4 wrote:
Admin wrote:
mnmomof4 wrote:
Tina,
What type of picture for the "before" on our spark page? Anything in particular? I am assuming full length. Thanks for the info about eating out...I had no idea ..I will have to look at that more closely

Penny yes full length photo is best and you'll be so happy you did it when you reach your goal and you "see" the difference! Very Happy

I won't download yours if you don't download mine Very Happy

I hope my after pic makes up for it.

Triangle Cruises
rogers@trianglecruises.com
800-784-4495
www.trianglecruises.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.trianglecruises.com

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:32 pm

Well I just discovered one HUGE thing I've been doing wrong all of these years.
Dunkin' Doughnut Munchkins... Wait until you see the calorie count on these things:

Cinnamon Cake Munchkin - 60 calories for 1 Munchkin
Glazed Cake Munchkin - 60 calories for 1 Munchkin
Jelly Filled Munchkin - - 60 calories for 1 Munchkin

I eat like 20 of these things in one sitting! Talk about eye opening! Shocked I'm better off with eating just a regular doughnut. Who knew...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:54 pm

just climb back on the wagon. you don't think i look like this because i've been good my whole life do you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 3:08 pm

Triangle..I dont remember seeing you on spark people. Are you using a different name on there?
Back to top Go down
qkdo
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 7:29 pm

One of my tips for burning a little calories is to park your car the furthest when shopping and STOP looking for the nearest spot. Park far and use them legs..... Smile
Back to top Go down
Single Dad
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Single Dad

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-09-18

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 7:54 pm

I just joined the SparkPeople.com team! It is so great to put faces to the screen names! Go Team!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 8:03 pm

Great to have you join us Single Dad! Hey guys - I FINALLY got my photo up!! WooHoo
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 8:57 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Well I just discovered one HUGE thing I've been doing wrong all of these years.
Dunkin' Doughnut Munchkins... Wait until you see the calorie count on these things:

Cinnamon Cake Munchkin - 60 calories for 1 Munchkin
Glazed Cake Munchkin - 60 calories for 1 Munchkin
Jelly Filled Munchkin - - 60 calories for 1 Munchkin

I eat like 20 of these things in one sitting! Talk about eye opening! Shocked I'm better off with eating just a regular doughnut. Who knew...

lololol. How about a whole box of SF popsicles?? I get the mixed SF popsicles, creamsicles and fudgesicles. 10, 20 and 35 calories respectively and they take a while to eat. A cheese plate for dessert. lol donuts???!!! Oh no!!!! You don't want me to beat you losing weight now do ya?

I guess we can all laugh at each other. I made up a small pitcher of protein drink in my magic bullet yesterday, chocolate and I flavored it up with cherry and carmel to make it sweeter (you can get the SF syrups at a lot of grocery stores but some flavores only at world market, online etc). Anyway, it turns out the magic bullet container leaks, so I got up to chocolate all over my refrigerator and had to drink it up AND my cereal with two big scoops of ground flax seed I eat for extra fiber and omega oils (I havent a clue how many calories and havent entered it in my food).

What a mess this morning!!!! I guess I wouldnt be making up extra protein drink like that any more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:18 pm

jane - i bought a giant jar of whey protein vanilla ice cream royale flavor. only 130 calories per serving with only 3 g of carb and 23 g of protein but i don't know first hand because it's still sealed. i have the will power of a slug. i will say i have been under in my calories but other than that - no exercise, no water. i'm not good at this.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:04 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
jane - i bought a giant jar of whey protein vanilla ice cream royale flavor. only 130 calories per serving with only 3 g of carb and 23 g of protein but i don't know first hand because it's still sealed. i have the will power of a slug. i will say i have been under in my calories but other than that - no exercise, no water. i'm not good at this.

I think recent tests have proven diets that are high in protein, low gi foods lose more weight than either low fat or low calories. South Beach for example. Nutrisystem adds soy (protein) to all their foods which adds the taste most folks dislike. I agree with Tina, dont cut calories too much, too often, you will stall out that way.

I count protein more than anything else, you need 60 grams a day, and not in one sitting because the body cant absorb it.

I do really well losing with a protein shake every day for one meal, even a bigger shake. Very lean protein like that cant be beat. Too bad I dont like those shakes better!!!

I'm exercising too. No excuses for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: General Cruise Topics :: I Just Have To Say...-
Jump to: