Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here

Go down 
+10
qkdo
Triangle
NDJollyMon
flowers
brenandjerry
JP2001
Greta
JJ2sail
Allgeeteredup
Admin
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
brenandjerry
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-08-31

SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:51 am

Hi all,
On sparkpeople I am honeybre but we are registered as a couple here on cruisefreeks. I am looking forward to being healthier and it is fun being motivated by cruise things Laughing
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:18 am

oesnjstar wrote:
well i was really good today but it's anyones guess what will happen after i take some sleeping pills.

lmao pat, do you sleepwalk and eat in your sleep?? The sleeping pills made me do it!!!

I'v already been dieting. I managed to not gain my last 7 day cruise, which is good for me. I hardly did anything on the above list. I eat whatever I want for supper, but order a cheese plate or fruit for dessert. I did walk a lot too. I try and eat fish every day. Fish is my secret to losing when Im stalled out, I bake some salmon and nibble on it for a day. Doesnt matter how many calories, the high protein, low fat make me lose. I also skipped bread at meals, except for some late night pizza I finally gave in to.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:23 am

mnmomof4 wrote:
We do have 6 months after all...I doubt if I will lose enough weight to win the cruise...I'm aiming for OBC

I think we only have a little under 5 months. Doesn't it end on June 1st?? I know I'm not going to win, especially with two cruises during the contest, but any weight loss is the goal, not just to win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:05 am

JP2001 wrote:

The Carnaval, this year, is from January 30th to February 15th. I don't go to the parades anymore but I usually go for a walk where the activities are, it's a good way to enjoy the outdoor during winter. I like the Carnaval even more than years ago, more family friendly and lots of bars on Grande Allée open their patio, lots of ice sculpture. Will you come to Quebec for the Carnaval? I must admit that I haven't visited Ontario very much. Only 1 day in Ottawa, a train ride accross Canada during which I have seen a bit of Toronto and Northern Ontario. Two places I really want to see in Ontario in the next couple of years are Niagara Region and Thunder Bay (and go again to Ottawa, I liked it a lot). It would be a nice trip with our RV, maybe next summer.

I don't know why but I find it easier to eat well and to excercise when on a cruise. In fact, I think I like a good workout and it's easier when I have time for it (here, I sometimes find it hard to get up early in the morning to go to the gym but on a ship I can go at whatever time that suits my schedule). Also, there are so many good healthy food to eat, I don't feel deprived in any way. As I said, I have trouble saying no to dessert though but since I workout, take the stairs, etc. and that I am on vacation, i don't worry too much about it. I also drink more than on land but it's usually 1-3 drinks a day so I think it's not a real problem while on vacation.

I think every person has to make her own list of things she wants to do to stay in shape during the vacation. This one was mine but for some people, it's only 2-3 things they are willing to do. It's fine, as long as you make an effort (without spoiling the vacation feel, that's important too). If you haven't tried the healthy options from the Dining Room menu, you should try it, sometimes it's even better than the regular fare and guilt free!.

JP. you will love niagara area. Last year for our anniversary we flew to toronto, went to my parent's in london (they just moved there) and dropped off the little ones and went to niagara falls for one night then niagara on the lake. We toured some wineries and stayed at this awesome hotel. That is a beautiful part of the country. I'm actually from northern ontario, timmins and did my undergrad in Toronto. I have a cousin in ottawa, an aunt near senetere and my mom was born in the beauce area. I have been to PQ in years...I want to go to Mont Tremblant skiiing.

I think I have mellowed out instead of panicking about eating on the cruise. I will just plan on exercising...which will be easy since I wont have kids...and I will take the stairs since I wont have a stroller. I think I'm getting a jump start on things now so that should help
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:07 am

oesnjstar wrote:
well i was really good today but it's anyones guess what will happen after i take some sleeping pills.

Pat, I was reading your entry that you're a sleep eater. That's a tough one to overcome but, we're all here for you to help support you in any way possible!

Tina
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:10 am

How is everyone doing - everyone feel ok so far? And remember to use your tools on Sparkpeople this way you'll keep track of water in take, exercise and help you with calories, carbs, proteins, etc. - One thing that I noticed that worked for me - if you stay within your target range on all counts - meaning recommended calories, protein, carbs - it DOES work and the weight DOES come off. The toughest part is when you start to plateau - I remember one stretch that took me 6 weeks to start losing weight again, so, don't get discouraged when you get to these stages.

Keep up the good work everyone. You CAN do this!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:17 pm

mnmomof4 wrote:
Michele,

You seem to have lot of cruises planned while the kids are in school? How much time off do your girls miss a school year? When my older boys were in elementary school, I would take them out at least a week from school...then go away on their school breaks. I am lucky my younger kids arent in school so I am free to travel since I usually get my mother to babysit the older boys. I dont want the older boys to miss much school...really hard to get caught up and I dont want them to lose their A's. I know the "taking kids out of school" is a can of worms on some sites...I was just curious about your kids since I can tell you travel a lot.

Actually, our school district allows for 7 days "Family Vacation". After that, I have to prove it's educational. My oldest is only turning 9. At this point she gets straight A+ She hasn't missed an answer on a test the entire year. Shocked So her teacher has no problem with me pulling her out. Then she does a video documentary of her experiences for the class.

She will miss 2 full weeks this school year.

Then next year, she will only miss the allowed 7 days (or less) pending on the Cunard holiday cruise schedule. And for the RCCL Holiday cruise, the same. She will miss less than the allowed 7 days.

So for 3rd grade...she has been able to miss. In 4th and 5th, I am going to limit the time spent out of school to less than 7 for each school year. Wink

Each school district is different though and some won't even allow those 7.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:19 pm

Admin wrote:
How is everyone doing - everyone feel ok so far? And remember to use your tools on Sparkpeople this way you'll keep track of water in take, exercise and help you with calories, carbs, proteins, etc. - One thing that I noticed that worked for me - if you stay within your target range on all counts - meaning recommended calories, protein, carbs - it DOES work and the weight DOES come off. The toughest part is when you start to plateau - I remember one stretch that took me 6 weeks to start losing weight again, so, don't get discouraged when you get to these stages.

Keep up the good work everyone. You CAN do this!!

Well I started out ok yesterday before I was sidelined with a migraine that put me into bed for about 20 hours. Rolling Eyes I didn't eat anything past breakfast because I couldn't.

So today I am starting over again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:52 pm

My wife is signed up as KONA08 at SP.
Make sure you guys 'give her the business!' I'll teach her the community forum area when I get back from my mommies house!

I'm heading to the treadmill right now myself...SO GET CRACKIN' THE REST OF YOU!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:59 pm

Today has been tough for me but I'm sticking with it. I didn't get enough sleep last night and so have been off my normal routine. Going to try to exercise this afternoon. Keeping water handy is a big help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:04 pm

drinking water is a big problem of mine. i'm not sure any of it passes my lips
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:33 pm

i know everyone is laughing that i sleep eat but it's true. my husband hides my car keys. one night i ate 9 oranges in my sleep. another time i ate a quart of ben and jerrys creme brulee ice cream. i woke up in such pain screaming. my husband was getting dressed to take me to the hospital until he saw the empty container. then we knew what was wrong with me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:17 pm

just started reading today's n.j. asbury park press and on the front page of the jersey life section is a big article about people sleep driving and sleep eating on sleeping pills.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:21 pm

Pat, I'm not laughing, I know it's a very real and very serious problem. I just wish there was something we could do to help you.

Greta, hang in there but, don't be too tough on yourself. Remember, tomorrow always offers a clean slate. You can't beat yourself up if you fail, and, it's ok to fail, it's part of being human.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:28 pm

i could get off sleeping pills of course. but then i would dream and i don't like to dream.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:28 pm

Hi everyone! Today is full of challenges for me. I went and did my body pump class then I went grocery shopping. NEVER GO SHOPPING HUNGRY!! It was so hard not to buy the foods that arent good for you. But I managed to show willpower and came home to a lean cuisine. My challenge tonight is we are celebrating son #2 getting 98% on his science project and he picked Chipotle for dinner....I love that place....so I think I will eat at home before we leave.... That's the plan so far...be full and I wont be hungry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:30 pm

Michele, our school district only allows 5 unexcused days...which isnt much and vacation isnt an excuse. The older boys are left home a lot but there is so much school stuff to miss in middle and high school.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:37 pm

mnmomof4 wrote:
Hi everyone! Today is full of challenges for me. I went and did my body pump class then I went grocery shopping. NEVER GO SHOPPING HUNGRY!! It was so hard not to buy the foods that arent good for you. But I managed to show willpower and came home to a lean cuisine. My challenge tonight is we are celebrating son #2 getting 98% on his science project and he picked Chipotle for dinner....I love that place....so I think I will eat at home before we leave.... That's the plan so far...be full and I wont be hungry

Penny one of the neat things about SparkPeople is there are a lot of restaurants entered into the system already for example, if you wanted to see the calories in a Whopper from Burger King. Under "My Tools" select "My Nutrition", click on "Add a Food" and then when you get the pop up, type in Burger King Whopper. Then you'll see a list of possibilities. When you find Burger King Whopper, highlight it, and then right below where it says "HOW MUCH?" you see a little blue bar that says "See Nutritional Info" and click it. And that will give you everything you need to know to help plan dining out.

Dieting doesn't have to be boring, it just requires planning! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:38 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
i could get off sleeping pills of course. but then i would dream and i don't like to dream.

Pat, I sympathize, I require sleeping pills too. Without them, I'm literally up for weeks, not days, but, weeks at a time.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:43 pm

I'm going to go join the gym tonight. Was going to buy an exercise bike, but decided I didn't want it taking up room in my family room.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:44 pm

Jen, good luck, exercise is my downfall. I never seem to have time for it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:53 pm

Tina,
What type of picture for the "before" on our spark page? Anything in particular? I am assuming full length. Thanks for the info about eating out...I had no idea ..I will have to look at that more closely
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:54 pm

tina - is my pic ok or do you want me to 'pose' for one?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:54 pm

mnmomof4 wrote:
Tina,
What type of picture for the "before" on our spark page? Anything in particular? I am assuming full length. Thanks for the info about eating out...I had no idea ..I will have to look at that more closely

Penny yes full length photo is best and you'll be so happy you did it when you reach your goal and you "see" the difference! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:55 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
tina - is my pic ok or do you want me to 'pose' for one?

Pat your photo is fine, we have enough of you in view to get the idea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here   SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SparkPeople.com - Our Weight Loss Challenge - Meet In Here
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next