Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mamacruising
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
mamacruising

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question Empty
PostSubject: Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question   Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:58 am

We are looking to book the Equinox for 2010 and since Solstice is her sister ship..maybe someone can help. Not so much worried about the cabin size but everyone says the showers are bigger in a balcony cabin because of the round shape but we are not "normal size", he's a 4X and I'm a 1X. We usually book a small suite because of the bathroom but trying to save some money this time. I need a larger person(1X+) to give an honest answer or a really good picture of the shower to help with my decision!!
Thanks for your help.....

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question   Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 1:37 am

I'm 2X and hubby is about 3X (plus he is 6'2"). We did the Solstice preinaugural in a 2A balcony stateroom ... we had no problems at all with the shower.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question   Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:06 am

The RCL Voyager of the Seas class has those rounded showers. We thought the showers didnt quite have enough space for both of us (I have to help my sister in the shower due to her balance issues). Neither of us are small, though I'm getting smaller. I did find the toilet annoying in the corner though, my leg continually hit the toilet brush and there was no other place to store it. Since RCL owns Celebrity, I was thinking the showers might be designed with the same designer.

I have read a few discussions on the shower heads on Soltice. I believe you have to bump all the way up to Aqua class balcony to get a removable shower head. I believe all showers have a little shelf in them for shaving your legs. (Susan do you remember the shelf for shaving in the showers?) Most of the complaints are over the non removable shower head. I think if the shower size had been a issue, I would have run across the comments as I'v read quite a few comments on the ship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question   Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:31 pm

flowers wrote:
I believe all showers have a little shelf in them for shaving your legs. (Susan do you remember the shelf for shaving in the showers?)
Yes.
Back to top Go down
Triangle
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
Triangle

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question   Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:49 pm

flowers wrote:
The RCL Voyager of the Seas class has those rounded showers. We thought the showers didnt quite have enough space for both of us (I have to help my sister in the shower due to her balance issues).

Flowers, you might consider requesting an "accessible stateroom" on your cruises. Things are more open, and there are hold bars in the shower to help out.

Triangle Cruises
rogers@trianglecruises.com
800-784-4495
www.trianglecruises.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.trianglecruises.com
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question   Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:31 pm

Triangle wrote:
flowers wrote:
The RCL Voyager of the Seas class has those rounded showers. We thought the showers didnt quite have enough space for both of us (I have to help my sister in the shower due to her balance issues).

Flowers, you might consider requesting an "accessible stateroom" on your cruises. Things are more open, and there are hold bars in the shower to help out.

We are going to be there one day, but so far we can manage with regular cabins and leave the HC cabins for those in wheelchairs. My sister can manage with a cane. We have friends who have trouble getting HC cabins, so I hate to tie them up. The wife has to travel with a scooter. They did a transatlantic with a new scooter their last cruise. I can't imageine having to fly with a scooter. .... thank goodness.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question   Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:32 pm

Ivanova wrote:
flowers wrote:
I believe all showers have a little shelf in them for shaving your legs. (Susan do you remember the shelf for shaving in the showers?)
Yes.

I was thinking with the shaving shelf, that would make the showers a little more roomy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question   Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:42 pm

I remember a bar on the wall(to put your foot on to shave),but dont remember a shelf..then again,only on for 2 days so maybe I forgot??

a little FYI~I was impressed with all the storage room in the bathroom on the Solstice..........sort of made up for the closet in the room(not that big,if you ask me)
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question   Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:58 pm

flowers wrote:
We thought the showers didnt quite have enough space for both of us

Whoaaaaaa. I thought this was a family place! That's pretty kinky....for a cruise ship bathroom! cheers

Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question   Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:26 am

You'll be surprised. Those round showers are larger than they seem. Plenty of room to move around. I would imagine he will be just fine. They think of these things ahead of time and I doubt they would make showers that were too small for their larger guests.
Back to top Go down
Infi
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question   Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:13 pm

I agree, the round showers are larger than they appear, and quite nice. There is a convenient little bar for leg shaving - they truly thought of everything!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question   Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Here's a picture of the shower with the door open. We were on the Solstice in November with family and friends. One of the guys traveling with us was 6'4" and 230. He said the shower was fine for him. Hope you enjoy the ship.

Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question 3020716259_20115bec8d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question   Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:59 pm

Oops, sorry, I'm having trouble getting the picture to post. I'd be able to eamil it to you as an attachment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question   Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Solstice/Equinox Bathroom Question
Page 1 of 1