Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

$3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year

Go down 
+5
lolomeme
HelenB
flagator1978
frudutx
jillybabes
9 posters
AuthorMessage

$3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year Empty
PostSubject: $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year   $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 1:43 pm

Beginning January 2009 there will be a service charge of $3.95 for room service ordered between 12-5am, this includes the gratuity.

See, eating after midnight is not only bad for your health but is bad for your wallet too. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year   $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 2:12 pm

While i dont agree with it,it wont bother me...........we rarely order room service,much less that time of night...................
Back to top Go down
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year   $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 2:15 pm

PH8 wrote:
While i dont agree with it,it wont bother me...........we rarely order room service,much less that time of night...................

Us either!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year   $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 3:30 pm

Yeah I'm with you I don't know what the big deal is, we've never ordered room service.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year   $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 3:40 pm

Nope, never felt the need to order it after midnight either. You know how some people are, they'll find fault in everything. Wink

By midnight I am so stuffed I can hardly see straight. Laughing
Back to top Go down
flagator1978

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year   $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:16 pm

Won't bother me. If I do decide that I want room service, I will just order it.
Back to top Go down
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
Resident Expert Family Cruising
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year   $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:25 pm

We ordered room service at 3 am one night on our honeymoon cruise. We were both awake and did it just for the fun of it. Wink

This was on Princess, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com

PostSubject: Re: $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year   $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:50 pm

As if Michele needed something else to gripe about..
Back to top Go down
lolomeme
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
lolomeme

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year   $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:42 pm

Won't bother me any either, we never order room service.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year   $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:12 pm

I have a theory behind the "why" - having to do with teens ordering room service in the middle of the night, and not tipping adequately (I suppose there are inconsiderate adults out there too) - but that's just my personal theory.
Back to top Go down
Love2Hula
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Love2Hula

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year   $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 5:27 pm

It really doesn't bother me either. I usually tip that much anyway. But, we usually only order room service for breakfast or if Pete has been sea sick and doesn't want to go out.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year   $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 5:45 pm

Love2Hula wrote:
or if Pete has been sea sick and doesn't want to go out.

Oh, I never get seasick! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
mkmommy

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year   $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 1:13 pm

But is it going to be one of those "lets try this and see what the outpour is" and then in a couple of months start charging for it anytime?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year   $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:31 am

mkmommy wrote:
But is it going to be one of those "lets try this and see what the outpour is" and then in a couple of months start charging for it anytime?

Who knows? It's hard to tell what the thinking is.

THere have been so many new "test policies" implemented lately it's hard to distinguish between test and permanant. I'll be interested to see if this is on Indy in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year   $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 1:57 pm

I think it is a fair charge, I would have tipped $ 5 anyway. Even it if wasn't in the wee small hours.
queen
Back to top Go down
pmfan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year   $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:39 pm

I usually don't use room service during those hours. Wink I wonder if they are going to extend the hours. Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year   $3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

$3.95 charge for room service started with the New Year
Page 1 of 1