Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do You Want Children & Adult Venues?
Yes - please offer two different groups for pre-cruise in NYC for Broadway and Sightseeing. I understand we'll still stay at the same hotel and have dinner together and attend Radio City together.
2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Vote_lcap100%2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Vote_rcap
 100% [ 22 ]
No - Keep everyone together.
2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Vote_lcap0%2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Not sure/No opinion
2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Vote_lcap0%2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Empty
PostSubject: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:48 am

Hi everyone,

Due to the large group that will be going on our 2010 Holiday cruise, we thought it might be a good idea to see how everyone wants to handle our Broadway show and Sightseeing. Both Marilyn and I think it might be a good idea if we offer two options for everyone: Children Friendly and Adult-oriented. In other words, we will give those traveling with children, kid friendly options for example this might include: Visiting FAO Schwarz Toy Store, Jekyll & Hyde restaurant for lunch and Mary Poppins for the evening we go to a Broadway show. The Adult-oriented would be geared to adult taste and might include: visiting one of the museums, lunch at a better restaurant and then a more adult themed Broadway production such as Chicago. These are merely examples, we will give you choices in another poll once we determine if the majority wish two different venues or if you wish to remain together.

We WILL have dinner together every evening and we WILL be going to Radio City on the Second Evening (tentatively December 18, 2010) together. What this poll is regarding the FIRST EVENING FOR BROADWAY and SIGHTSEEING BOTH DAYS. So please vote if would you like to have two different venues children and adult to keep the majority of travelers happy. Please take a moment to give us your feedback and vote.

Thank you!

Tina
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:59 am

I think more than one group is a good idea. We can send Pete and Nick with the children's group. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:59 am

Sounds like a super idea........
Back to top Go down
cmgm1126
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:09 pm

Yes I think that having an adult and kid group is a great idea. Certainly what I would do at 73 years old and what a 13 year old want to do are 2 different things. I'm sure what play I would like to see wouldn't appeal to them so that might be a great idea plus they get to know all the kids that they'll be hanging out with on the trip.
Back to top Go down
guam/ny

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:12 pm

I agree that having 2 groups is a great idea. Thanks for coming up with the options.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:15 pm

Absolutely a superb idea!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:15 pm

Yep, two options is perfect! Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:19 pm

Another vote for the 2 group option Very Happy ...

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:24 pm

Great Idea Tina!!
Back to top Go down
Allgeeteredup
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Allgeeteredup

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:28 pm

Great idea!!!! And for those who want to do the kids group stuff, even us adults, we can tag along as BIG kids!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:41 pm

Allgeeteredup wrote:
Great idea!!!! And for those who want to do the kids group stuff, even us adults, we can tag along as BIG kids!!!!!!

HeHeHe, I was thinking the same thing! F.A.O. Schwartz is somewhere I have to see!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:56 pm

cruzinmama wrote:
Allgeeteredup wrote:

HeHeHe, I was thinking the same thing! F.A.O. Schwartz is somewhere I have to see!

Ok...I have to admit I also want to go to F.A.O Schwartz!!! Ha Ha.....

Last edited by cruisehappe on Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:00 pm

I love FAO Shwartz and Toys R Us. Laughing

Not to mention Ellen's Stardust Diner because they sing on your table. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:03 pm

Michele, would you kindly start organizing and discussing sightseeing and which Broadway shows the Kid Friendly group might like. And, I"ll ask Kathy and Jill to handle the adult group.

Thanks!

Tina
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:03 pm

Ellen's Stardust Diner sounds great too!! can you tell me more about it?
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:06 pm

When you said ADULT...I thought you meant something completely different! Twisted Evil

2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:11 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
When you said ADULT...I thought you meant something completely different! Twisted Evil

I honestly thought it would be Nick or Ron that picked up on that one lol!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:12 pm

Oh, I'm sure they did. Maybe they just have better manners.....NAH!

2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:18 pm

cruisehappe wrote:
Ellen's Stardust Diner sounds great too!! can you tell me more about it?

Yep Very Happy It's a 50's style diner. It is next to the Gershwin Theatre and up the street from Radio City Music Hall. They have a home cooking type menu with a bunch of burgers, wraps, wings, ribs and even meatloaf. The wait staff is a "singing waitstaff". They take your order then you may see them singing in between your tables. They have small stages built all around that allows them to hop up and start singing in between the tables. All of the patrons sing with the servers because they do crowd happy songs. Laughing

It is the most fun you can have in a restaurant.

The link to the restaurant is here....
http://www.ellensstardustdiner.com

They do take parties.
Back to top Go down
lolomeme
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
lolomeme

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:22 pm

Hi everyone, and Happy New Year to all.

I love the idea of two groups. Guess I'm showing my age!! I'll be even older by then, but I am young at heart!

Lois
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:22 pm

Two options are best but I hope we can reserve the choice of which option we choose till much closer to the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:34 pm

Thanks Michele!! I enjoyed looking at the web site. It definately looks like a place I would love to experience!!
Back to top Go down
atbcat
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
atbcat

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 2:47 pm

Although I do know that my kids want to see the Natural History Museum (like Night at the Museum).

:-)

714-402-8069
email: allthebestcruises@hotmail.com
2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Mystery-Signature
Back to top Go down
http://www.allthebestcruisesandtours.com

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:04 pm

atbcat wrote:
Although I do know that my kids want to see the Natural History Museum (like Night at the Museum).

:-)

Hey Marilyn - come on over...
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/royal-caribbean-f12/family-friendly-new-york-christmas-cruisers-here-t2158.htm

I am going to be going to the History Museum in a couple of months to check it out for this group.
Back to top Go down
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:55 pm

Two groups sound great to me too. This way everyone is relatively happy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010 Christmas Cruisers - Shows and Sightseeing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Freek Group Cruises :: 2010 Group Cruises :: Holiday Cruise on Explorer of the Seas-
Jump to: