Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Allgeeteredup
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Allgeeteredup

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-12-29

OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 7:10 pm

Well, where have you guys been all my life. I too am a Freek.... oh, sorry, you guys were talking about cruise freeks. Me Too!!!!!!!!! Okay, sorry, guess you have figured out that I am a bit of a looney bin. I love to have fun, joke, and cruise. What else is there in life?

A little about myself.....

My name is Lorrie. Am I allowed to say that? Too late. I'm married to my soul mate, Dewy. We have four wonderful children who we are very happy to announce are OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!! That's why we are happy cruisers. We just went on our very first cruise in September. It was on the Carnival Conquest, September 7-14(15, 16, 17, 18), 2008. You know, the ill-fated Hurricane Ike cruise. We had the best time of our lives. We did, however, lose our brand new Chrysler Pacifica. It was eaten by Ike. You know how they say things come in three's..... well, I have certainly had my three. August 4, 2008 - 4:00 a.m. we had a fire in our house. August 4, 2008 - 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Burglars broke into our home we had just had a fire in and stole everything they could get their hands on and vandalized the rest, i.e., slashed our mattresses in the master bedroom and guest room, smashed the coffee pot with coffee still in it into the carpet in the guest bedroom, stole my jewelry box with my jewelry, all of my husband's paintball equipment, computer equipment, about 500 DVDs. They were busy little bees. But, we are alive, our dogs are alive and our house is now rebuilt and we are back in it. And the BIG 3 was the Hurricane Ike cruise and the loss of our vehicle. So, you see, I am set for the rest of my life. I should be living in a bubble of good luck. Right???? Well, that's the way I see it.

So, if you enjoyed my introduction, post and let me know.

PPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 7:13 pm

Lorrie, welcome to the boards! Welcome We're glad you're here - feel free to post away and join the fun!

Tina
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
Allgeeteredup
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Allgeeteredup

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 7:26 pm

Okay, how come I can't get my countdown to work???? I'm so upset!!!!!!!! Is there a special place I should be getting the download for the countdown clock?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 7:45 pm

Allgeeteredup wrote:
Okay, how come I can't get my countdown to work???? I'm so upset!!!!!!!! Is there a special place I should be getting the download for the countdown clock?

If you're trying to get something in your signature... on the green bar above select Profile. And then once in Profile select Preferences and count down nine lines to "Always attach my signature" and make sure it is set on Yes. And then click the SAVE button. Now, proceed over to signature and place what you wish to add.

If you want to add a countdown clock, many of us use: http://www.cruisetickers.com/

I hope this helps!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 7:58 pm

Hey Lorrie! Welcome! It sounds like you will fit in nicely around here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 8:04 pm

Hi Lorrie...Welcome Aboard...we have some great group cruises booked you might want to check out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 8:18 pm

hi lorrie - welcome. we all freaks here. another member of this board - flowers - lost her car in ike also coming off a cruise. might have been the same cruise. my house was broken into last year too but not as bad as yours. i was just glad they didn't hurt my dog and took whatever and left. glad you're here. pat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 9:56 pm

Allgeeteredup wrote:
Well, where have you guys been all my life. I too am a Freek.... oh, sorry, you guys were talking about cruise freeks. Me Too!!!!!!!!! Okay, sorry, guess you have figured out that I am a bit of a looney bin. I love to have fun, joke, and cruise. What else is there in life?

A little about myself.....

My name is Lorrie. Am I allowed to say that? Too late. I'm married to my soul mate, Dewy. We have four wonderful children who we are very happy to announce are OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!! That's why we are happy cruisers. We just went on our very first cruise in September. It was on the Carnival Conquest, September 7-14(15, 16, 17, 18), 2008. You know, the ill-fated Hurricane Ike cruise. We had the best time of our lives. We did, however, lose our brand new Chrysler Pacifica. It was eaten by Ike. You know how they say things come in three's..... well, I have certainly had my three. August 4, 2008 - 4:00 a.m. we had a fire in our house. August 4, 2008 - 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Burglars broke into our home we had just had a fire in and stole everything they could get their hands on and vandalized the rest, i.e., slashed our mattresses in the master bedroom and guest room, smashed the coffee pot with coffee still in it into the carpet in the guest bedroom, stole my jewelry box with my jewelry, all of my husband's paintball equipment, computer equipment, about 500 DVDs. They were busy little bees. But, we are alive, our dogs are alive and our house is now rebuilt and we are back in it. And the BIG 3 was the Hurricane Ike cruise and the loss of our vehicle. So, you see, I am set for the rest of my life. I should be living in a bubble of good luck. Right???? Well, that's the way I see it.

So, if you enjoyed my introduction, post and let me know.

PPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow....I'm not sure what to say. lol Welcome to the Freeks!!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 10:09 pm

Welcome...ya FREEK!

OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 10:51 am

Hi Lorrie. I think you will fit right in here since you already are a FREEK.

Yes, I meet Lorrie one morning at breakfast in the dining room on the Conquest. SURPRISE. We just happened to be seated next to each other. I can tell you that you will love her and she will keep you laughing.

Lorrie kept folks rolling in the isles with her stories about deciding she didnt want to take a chance on her favorite leather purse being damaged on the cruise .... so she left it locked in the trunk of her car.

I have meet Lorrie in person. I wasn't sure about admitting it, but lol, since she mentioned losing her car, folks here are so smart they put two and two together. One more for if we ever get up a CF group cruise out of Galveston.

So Lorrie, were you able to replace your car with one you equally love? Last I heard Dewey and friends went to Galveston to see if there was anything of your GPS etc that could be salvaged. Maybe this is a topic for private discussion? Its over and I for one just want to put it behind me. Sorry you lost all that jewelry that had been passed on to you from your family.

Hi and welcome to CFs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 10:52 am

Welcome fellow FREEK! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:11 am

Welcome, there's always room for another FREEK Very Happy
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:24 am

Welcome fellow Freek! You will love it in our little corner of the world.

d
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 10:39 pm

Welcome Lorrie. I was following along on your pre-cruise post over at CC. I got behind on it & then it seemed to have disappeared. Then I read your review & all of the things that happened. Even though I never posted over there, I did keep you in my prayers. Anyway, glad you found your way over here! Looking forward to more of your stories.

Towanda
Back to top Go down
Cruiseram
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiseram

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 10:42 pm

Welcome to Cruise Freek.
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 2:27 pm

Welcome to an awesome board!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com
Allgeeteredup
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Allgeeteredup

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:07 pm

Okay, now that I am officially a FREEK.... like there was some question of my being one..... I will begin by saying, I have a weird sense of humor. Yes... I know it is hard to believe... but.... I am sort of a.... oh, wow.... a freek!!!!! That one just kinda hit me between the eyes!!!! Wow!!!!! Now that's off my chest.... how do I maneuver through this vast area of information. I seem to just keep getting stuck in the muck!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Allgeeteredup
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Allgeeteredup

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:08 pm

flowers wrote:
Hi Lorrie. I think you will fit right in here since you already are a FREEK.

Yes, I meet Lorrie one morning at breakfast in the dining room on the Conquest. SURPRISE. We just happened to be seated next to each other. I can tell you that you will love her and she will keep you laughing.

Lorrie kept folks rolling in the isles with her stories about deciding she didnt want to take a chance on her favorite leather purse being damaged on the cruise .... so she left it locked in the trunk of her car.

I have meet Lorrie in person. I wasn't sure about admitting it, but lol, since she mentioned losing her car, folks here are so smart they put two and two together. One more for if we ever get up a CF group cruise out of Galveston.

So Lorrie, were you able to replace your car with one you equally love? Last I heard Dewey and friends went to Galveston to see if there was anything of your GPS etc that could be salvaged. Maybe this is a topic for private discussion? Its over and I for one just want to put it behind me. Sorry you lost all that jewelry that had been passed on to you from your family.

Hi and welcome to CFs.

Hey flower.... do you have another name that I might recognize?????
Back to top Go down
Allgeeteredup
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Allgeeteredup

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:10 pm

That's right flower.... just remind me that I lost my favorite purse to that mean ol Hurricane Ike. It's funny because that was the only purse I have ever had that Dewy actually liked. He was the one who suggested I leave it in the car. Now you know he has never heard the end of that one. Yep!!!!! I push those buttons every time I want new jewelry, or new saddles, or new anything..... he feels so bad about it..... giggle.... me too!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Allgeeteredup
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Allgeeteredup

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:12 pm

How long does it take me to get past being a deck hand. I hate being new to everything. I want to be Queen of the Posts now.... is that even possible???? Well, in my mind it is.
Back to top Go down
Allgeeteredup
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Allgeeteredup

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:16 pm

Okay. Legitimate question. How early do you book your hotel for your cruises? Our next cruise is November 8, 2009. I booked our hotel room in December. It seems that all the hotel prices have gone up drastically for hotel rooms in Galveston. I guess Hurricane Ike is making us pay again.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:31 pm

Allgeeteredup wrote:
Okay. Legitimate question. How early do you book your hotel for your cruises? Our next cruise is November 8, 2009. I booked our hotel room in December. It seems that all the hotel prices have gone up drastically for hotel rooms in Galveston. I guess Hurricane Ike is making us pay again.

I'm Jane. You usually can book hotels up to a year in advance, but I waited until around December too and then only found Howard Johnson's site working of the hotels I had bookmarked in Galveston. Harbor House is supposed to open .... soon. (they keep saying). But their site isnt working to take reservations. I agree about prices going up in Galveston, Id guess about $30 a night from the few I can find that are taking reservations.

Im doing Ecstasy in January, as a quickie winter getaway. I get so tired of cold weather so just booked it as a cheapie. One wedding party I know of had their hotel cancel them pretty last minute and they had to scramble to find another hotel for 40 rooms. Their email said the hotel wouldnt open now until March. People are still recoving. I have Voyager booked for April I'm anxious for too. I try and cruise every couple of months so I have been following the saga of which hotels are now open and rates going up.
Back to top Go down
UtahCouple
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:50 am

Heya Lorrie,

I'm pretty new to the forums too. Welcome! These guys are awesome. They've literally taught me everything I currently know now about cruises. Smile Which is probably not near enough, but at least I have an idea of what I'm doing! You should fit right in it seems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OMG......I'M A FREEK!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Message Board Information :: Frequently Asked Questions-
Jump to: