Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing

Go down 
+2
NDJollyMon
Josh
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Josh
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Josh

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing Empty
PostSubject: Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing   Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 6:33 pm

MIAMI, Florida (Dec.26) --
Searchers from the U.S. Coast Guard joined the hunt Friday for a cruise ship passenger reported missing after employees of the Norwegian Pearl failed to find her.

The search was centered about 15 miles east of Cancun, off the northeastern Mexico coast, said Petty Officer 3rd Class Nick Ameen, a Coast Guard spokesman.

The husband of 36-year-old Jennifer Feitz told cruise ship personnel about 3:50 a.m. that he couldn't find her, Ameen said. When a thorough search didn't locate her, the Coast Guard got a call for help.

"Initial reports indicate the guest may have gone overboard while the ship was at sea, east of Cancun," a spokeswoman for the Miami, Florida-based Norwegian Cruise Line said in a statement.

AnneMarie Mathews said the ship left Miami on Sunday on a seven-day western Caribbean cruise.

The Coast Guard dispatched an Air Station Miami HU-25 Falcon jet crew, and a C-130 fixed-wing aircraft crew from the Air Station in Clearwater, Florida,also was headed to the site, Ameen said.

The Mexican government was aiding the search with a helicopter crew and three water- and ground-surface crews.

Here's a link to the story: http://news.aol.com/article/cruise-passenger-missing-near-cancun/287667
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing   Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 6:50 pm

saw that. how does that happen?
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing   Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 7:56 pm

yea...it's on CNN Headline News.

They always like to report missing people from cruise ships. If you are missing on land...no big deal.
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
pmfan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing   Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 8:03 pm

I never understand how someone can go overboard, the railings are very high. I hope they find her soon and she is alive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing   Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 8:03 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
yea...it's on CNN Headline News.

They always like to report missing people from cruise ships. If you are missing on land...no big deal.

I know! Crazy, right?
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing   Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 8:08 pm

Yea. They aren't even interested in land-based missing adults.

Unless:

1. You are a gorgeous female.
2. Are slightly famous for something.
3. Are related to a politician, or famous person.
4. There was some type of nasty crime involved.
5. Are a gorgeous female. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing   Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 12:04 am

i know i read the one time that a young guy had gone overboard they had him on security camera puking over one of the rails at like 2:30 in the morning. i'm going to guess that alcohol plays a big part in stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing   Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 1:53 am

Some go missing...because they choose to go missing.
Some go missing...because they are stupid drunk.
Some go missing...because of foul play...but I'm guessing this is much less often.

More and more security cameras are going up on these ships to document the rail areas. Cameras probably pay for themselves after one lawsuit...when they prove some idiot was using the rail as a balance beam.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing   Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 12:02 pm

I saw this. The cameras caught her going over at 8pm...yet it took him till 4am to report her missing? Question

I wonder how much the camera actually caught?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing   Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 8:24 pm

did the camera have wide angle lens to see her husband pushing her?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing   Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 8:25 pm

how much insurance did she have?
Back to top Go down
idoiqs
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing   Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 10:12 pm

I read that the Norwegian Pearl has more security cameras than any other ship. Over 1100!! I'm interested in seeing exactly what the cameras picked up. Also, just saw on the news where the husband had been arrested for a domestic violence incident this past April. Sounds fishy to me!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing   Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 10:50 pm

oh really he was arrested for domestic violence. what a coinkydink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing   Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 10:53 pm

http://www.wftv.com/news/18374555/detail.html#- they are saying the cameras show she jumped.
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing   Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 11:04 pm

I understand he waited hours before notifying the cruise line. Sounds suspicious to me.
Back to top Go down
pmfan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing   Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:54 am

I just saw where her family will be on Good Morning America tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
duke214
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing   Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:10 pm

Hopefully my wife won't push me off the boat anytime soon. All kidding aside. I hope they find the missing person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing   Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did you guys see this? NCL Passenger Missing
Page 1 of 1