Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+15
nancyk2sea
cmgm1126
Dustycruzer
TwitchOR
cruisenfever
flowers
Admin
vlscruiser
JJ2sail
Murphy
GrmyCRS
cruiseforme
jillybabes
barbeeAL
misseddie
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 10:52 pm

Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:09 pm

Today show......mmmmmmm, haveta think about that one........

Tried a new hairdresser today.......not bad, shorter than I usually do but not bad....we'll c tmrw..

j
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:11 pm

Thanks Susan.............missed that even when I went looking for it..........

Jul-you might do the Today show in June when it wont be so cold out...........

I sent off for tix to Regis and Kelly.........didnt get in last time(but I was on the standby line then)..........also sent off for tix for Mike and Juliet show(Dennis is a FOXNews fan)
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:12 pm

Hi all, we are now in FL. We left IA on Sunday in ice/snow and two really tough days of driving. We spent all day today getting Ken's aunt settled into a Rehab facility for treatment after she broke her hip just before Christmas.

It is great to have the lovely warmer weather, quickly scanned all of the pages you all have been busy. I am really bummed about all of the talk of getting together in Dec. 2010, just wish we could join you.

Will catch up more tomorrow, really tired tonight.

Later--
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:13 pm

Sending good thoughts for Nina and family. So sad to hear that news.

Jen - Thanks for creating the banner..you are one talented bear. cheers Something from cafepress (or anything) would be great. Get to feeling better and I'm sure you'll come up with something fabulous.

Kathy - Thanks for the instructions. scratch Couldn't have done it without that help.

Susan - Great idea...with more of Kathy's instructions could be fun. Sorry to hear Ray's mom will be under the weather December 2010 Wink Wink

Patti - Don't know who's the most excited...but you're running close to the top. Planning for two years out LOL, but I like all the ideas so far. We haven't even thought about what to do in Alaska and it's only 5 months away.

Diane - Glad you're staying connected...maybe they'll still come up with a new computer.

Shorty - Feel for you....tough sharing with another computer addict!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:22 pm

Susan thanks for posting the link to the Bennet update. Also sorry to hear about Ray's mom. Wink in 2010.

Jul I had to find a new hairdresser after having the same one for almost 8 years. Tried a couple of ladies in the same salon but was not happy so tried the lady who does a friends hair and she is great. I am in and out in a half hour. Now if my hair would not grow so fast that would help. Smile

Jen thanks for the banner, very cool!

Kathy great instructions. Smile

Nancy enjoy your time in FL sunny

Sheila and Diane hope the computer stuff gets completely taken care of quickly.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:26 pm

Evening all.............just dropping by to say hello.

I guess I'm smarter than I think I am when it comes to this computer. I was able to follow Kathy's instructions...............thought I did change to the bigger one. Bigger is better.....isn't it??

Went to the mall today to take advantage of the big sale and Bath & Body Works.

Now Chris, you know I like to be organized. Though I told Jim today that he will have to probably wear a jacket for the dinner at Tavern on the Green. Needless to say, that did not go over very well. Shocked Why was I not surprised. But, I have 2 years to work on him.

Have a wonderful evening..............prayers going out to Nina, James and baby Bennet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:30 pm

Good Evening All, I'm getting a turn in the man cave but the good news is that my laptop survived and will be ready for pickup tomorrow afternoon. Cheers It had multiple problems which are fixed and he gave me more memory. Sure hope it works.

Jen I love the Banner and I'll get it in there when I can play on my own computer.

You guys are a stitch talking about excursions already. Susan I will definitedly be your partner at the NBC Studios. If we can make a really eyecatching sign about the Polar Bears we can all go and get on TV. GMA is only a short walk down 5th Ave too. I have been to Ground Zero and it's very emotional. I have been to the top of the World Trade Center too and often wondered about all the folks who ran the concessions up there. I'm sure they perished. Youall need to do the Carraige Ride through Central Park it's really nice, and also go inside St.Patrick's Cathedral. Then there's the store windows on 5th Ave. OOh!!! I could go on and on. It's just magical at Christmas. I'm so excited already. BTW the Subway is not scary at all. Patti you'll be fine. We'll go together.

Still pulling for baby Bennet.

Just read new messages. Nancy glad you made it safely.

Kathy Regis and Kelly is a great idea. I'm going to look into that. Also NBC has a tour of Rockafeller Center Studios (30 Rock) and David Letterman 's show is down on Broadway or 42nd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:37 pm

I was gonna request tix for David Letterman,but after you submit your info, they call you.......ask you a trivia question and if you know it,then you get the tix........Im afriad I probably wouldnt know it and feel dumb.........

As Sheila pointed out,there is so much to see in NYC and most of what she suggests is in one area......all within walking distance(except Ground Zero)

Welcome back to the land of sun and warmth Nancy...........are you thawed out now??

well, think Ill go see what is on(or not on) TV...........maybe do some Wii bowling instead......Dennis has been practicing and Im not the champ anymore......well, Ill show him.....I'll get the high score again while hes gone.hehe

Nite!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:50 pm

Keep planning everyone! Kathy, Jul and I can use the info for July too! Very Happy

Last time I was in NY with my niece, she wanted to go to the Today show so bad! But, I didn't want to get up early and on the Staten Island Ferry with all the commuters! I guess I am a mean aunt!

Patti, Your banner looks like the bigger one. You did good! And thanks for the tip on the Vick's, I am feeling much better.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:59 pm

WAHHHHHHHHHH I followed the directions and the dang thing put in it miniature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:02 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......if at first you don't succeed....TRY TRY again!!!

Thanks y'all!!!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:02 am

You know I really hate to rain on anyones parade but, the 17th is on a Friday in 2010 isn't that the day y'all fly into NYC? Just when do you think you'll get to be on the Today Show? GMA? or Letterman? Unless you plan to fly in few days earlier, guess I missed those posts lol! .

Y'all are to funny.

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:09 am

Sorry Jul, didn't mean to make it this difficult. Did you click on the 500 pixel box before you copied and pasted?

Maybe I will ask Michele if she can make us a banner that can just be copied and pasted, hers always look great.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:10 am

OOps
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:10 am

Good lordy, can't go much earlier than 17th...jeeezzzz.......missing the last week of Cmas sales is going to be pushing our luck.........maybe we'll have to go help take care of somebody's mom toooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:11 am

Jen.........sorry, but I'm a speed reader and missed the 425 box ....couldn't find it so i just copied and pasted the way it came up....second time it worked!!!!!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 1:04 am

Made some Amish friendship bread today......neighbor brought over a batch...pretty good!!! (I'm sure it's not great for my diet tho!!!)

Wish it was shippable, I'd ship the 3 extras out! unfortunately, I don't think UPS will mush it each day til it arrives!! lol!

off to get some zzzzzzzz's......

gnite all
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 1:12 am

Nite everyone!!!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 10:03 am

Di, don't they have weekend Today on NBC??? Maybe they don't go outside for that one??? I can't remember...

Jul, someone at work gave me a batch of Amish friendship bread. I "brewed" it up until the day I was supposed to bake it and looked at all the other stuff I needed to add and figured NO WAY Ray and I would eat it, so I threw out the slurry! I felt bad doing it, but I didn't know what I would do with the 3 extra batches either...

OK, short work day today, so I guess I'd better go get something done!

Polar Bear vibes are still being sent to Nina and family... (((hugs)))
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 10:29 am

Murphy wrote:
Di, don't they have weekend Today on NBC??? Maybe they don't go outside for that one??? I can't remember...

Jul, someone at work gave me a batch of Amish friendship bread. I "brewed" it up until the day I was supposed to bake it and looked at all the other stuff I needed to add and figured NO WAY Ray and I would eat it, so I threw out the slurry! I felt bad doing it, but I didn't know what I would do with the 3 extra batches either...

OK, short work day today, so I guess I'd better go get something done!

Polar Bear vibes are still being sent to Nina and family... (((hugs)))

They do have a Saturday morning Today show but without Meredith, Matt, Al, and the rest of the gang. They usually give them the weekend off.

Yes, short day for us to, I've already had one guy send an email saying he's "working from home". He's SICK. Well he was coughing and sniffling around here yesterday. roflmao

Anyway, need to find something constructive to do.

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 10:54 am

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 New_year_graphics_a1 to all my Polar Bear Sisters
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:41 pm

Morning.....

Wow.used to find our thread so easy..was always the latest topic,but not anymore.....but thats good for Tina....this forum is taking off!!! WTG!!

Im looking at tix for the July trip..........that cruise leaves on a Wed and we plan on flying in Sunday or Monday.........

anyone with plans for tonite or have we all joined the "old way(like Christmas) of acknowledging this night?? I know I have...............we're staying in and MAYBE stay up to midnight.............all depends on when Dennis gets home tonite..................

All the banners on here look great!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:45 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Party HappyNewYear
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 1:05 pm

HappyNewYear to all my Sisters of the Special Polar Bears. It's ugly here today...........snowing slightly, but very high winds.

As for us tonight.............son and DIL are coming over to visit (he just called).........hopefully bringing the granddogs with them. Then going to watch some football and try to watch the ball drop.

Banners look great.................now we need a "countdown clock".

Well, going out for a New Years Eve lunch with some of the folks that Jim used to work with............so will catch you all later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next