Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:20 pm

Morning all.........

thats too funny of all the talk about downsizing for Christmas(decos)............I hardly put any up and only a small tree..........I knew then I WAS OLD! I used to think that was horrible my inlaws did that and now I've become ONE OF THEM! affraid

Poor Nina and Bennet.......but Im sure they will be ok with all our prayers...........

Last edited by PH8 on Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:23 pm

PH8 wrote:
Morning all.........

thats too funny of all the talk about downsizing for Christmas(decos)............I hardly out any up and only a small tree..........I knew then I WAS OLD! I used to think that was horrible my inlaws did that and now I've become ONE OF THEM! affraid

Poor Nina and Bennet.......but Im sure they will be ok with all our prayers...........

I know I was telling our Admin yesterday that when I was young (still at home) I never understood why my parents weren't as excited about Christmas as I was. Now I do.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:31 pm

Morning everyone................a cloudy cold day here with snow predicted for later this evening into tomorrow.

Thoughts and prayers being sent to Nina and Bennet. The Power of the SPBs is a strong one.

Talking about HolidayTree About 20 years ago (yes, I said 20) I bought a small three foot tree at our local craft store. I put lights on it (probably about 300) and then decorated it with small ornaments and small bows. In fact, I hot glued them on the tree. That's what I normally put up in our bay window in the kitchen. Since there's just 2 of us........that's good enough for us.

When Christmas is over, I cover it with a plastic bag and put it down the basement.............

Have a wonderful day.................be back at ya later.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:37 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Talking about HolidayTree About 20 years ago (yes, I said 20) I bought a small three foot tree at our local craft store. I put lights on it (probably about 300) and then decorated it with small ornaments and small bows. In fact, I hot glued them on the tree. That's what I normally put up in our bay window in the kitchen. Since there's just 2 of us........that's good enough for us.

When Christmas is over, I cover it with a plastic bag and put it down the basement.............

Yeah, or one small enough to put inside a box and shove in a closet. Ah my kind of Christmas.

Actually John suggested one of those Kincade ceramic Christmas trees, I said I already have one of those. It has Rudolph and his friends all over it and it sits in the dining room all year. Guess I'm all set!

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:52 pm

and now we're all trying to escape any decorating by planning a Christmas cruise!! Very Happy

works for me......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 12:57 pm

Good Morning All, My time in the man cave for a while. I totally sympathise with you Di. I miss my laptop something fierce. Sitting in here in this uncomfortable chair being asked if I'm done yet isn't fun. Rolling Eyes I miss my recliner.

My prayers are joining yours for Bennet. I had a link in an email from Tina this morning.

I have to go to work at 1pm then off to Worship Team Practice 'til 8pm. I'll probably have pages to ketchup by tomorrow if I'm allowed that is. affraid Don't forget to keep me in the loop if I can't keep myself there. lol!

Vista is starting to make sense to me but once again if I were on my own computer putsing by myself I'd do better at it. Oh well such is life.
As to the Christmas decos, I've cut down a lot and when i put all this stuff away I'll probably want to cut down more. I already have a slim line tree with lights already on it. The nicest thing I have and will always put out is my nativity collection which ihave gotten everywhere we cruised to. That and a tree would about do it for me I think. Have a great day all.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 2:07 pm

PH8 wrote:
and now we're all trying to escape any decorating by planning a Christmas cruise!! Very Happy

works for me......
Any excuse will work for me! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 2:34 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
PH8 wrote:

works for me......
Any excuse will work for me! Razz
me too..........think we can figure this out for next year too??hahaha
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 2:37 pm

Sheila....I feel for ya........I SWEAR that computers know the touch of the hands typing and rebel against anyone that is not their owner!!! Everytime anyone uses my laptop I have problems....

My poor gd will come to me and say "grammy I washed my hands, SEE?, NOW can I play Caillou on your computer?"....She knows that I can't stand dirty keyboards!! I've created a 4yr old monster!!!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 2:54 pm

I have a dumb questions about the Mystery Cruise..............so please bear with me on this. Embarassed

I have been reading all the threads with "polls" and such and I understand the dinner and shows part..............but, they are now discussing lunch. BTW.........the diner location sounds like fun.

I am assuming that it will be our responsibility to get to these places right? I mean, I can get lost in my own neighborhood let alone being in NYC for the very first time. Shocked

There are a few places that I would like to see if they are within walking distance of where we will be staying...............Ground Zero is one. Would love to go over to see the Statue of Liberty, but on a ferry in December................I don't know about that. :coldout:

Kathy & Jill............you're displaced New Yorkers...............what other recommendations would you have that would be worthwhile to see in the short time that we have.

Plus, could somebody please design a banner for the Polar Bears that we can use here? The Zoo Crew is fine, but we are THE POLAR BEARS!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:02 pm

As someone who lived in Manhatten for a while and had an apartment in Battery City, I can tell you that the Subway is an excellant way to "get around". Although you may find it scary. Ground Zero it right where I worked and near where you would catch the ferry to see the Statue of Liberty. You could take one of the Gray Line tours and probably catch most of these sights in one tour.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:09 pm

frudutx wrote:
As someone who lived in Manhatten for a while and had an apartment in Battery City, I can tell you that the Subway is an excellant way to "get around". Although you may find it scary. Ground Zero it right where I worked and near where you would catch the ferry to see the Statue of Liberty. you could take one of the Gray Line tours and probably catch most of these sights in one tour.

d
Thanks Diane...............I think Greyline would be a good choice.

Subways...............nope...........watch too much CSI-NY! Laughing
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:10 pm

Patti: IMHO, The Museum of Natural History should be on your list although there would not be too much time to explore.

Ground Zero will be a subway ride from either hotel that is chosen...
There is so much to do and there is so little time that we will be in NYC that I agree with D, a Greyline tour may be more to your liking...

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:20 pm

I lived there in 1996/1997 and so I was there during Thanksgiving/Christmas. My sister came in from Pittsburgh and she and my team leader and I took the Gray Line tour around Manhatten. Deb had never been to New York. I also got tickets to Radio City for the Christmas show I had seen the show before but she hadn't it was like taking a 6 year to see Santa for the first time.

Fun times were had by all.

FYI: http://www.coachusa.com/newyorksightseeing/

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:24 pm

The hop on,hop bus looks like the best way to see most of the sights.......

I took the subway ALONE to Ground Zero last summer and it wasnt scary in the least............they really have cleaned it up.................it is NOT within walking distance of our hotel and looking at the restaurants, those all are............Tavern on the Green might be too much of a walk(esp if it snows),but its only a short taxi ride away........

I really recommend the guide I mentioned on the other thread..........helped me out alot and I pretty know the city.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:26 pm

PH8 wrote:

I took the subway ALONE to Ground Zero last summer and it wasnt scary in the least............they really have cleaned it up.................

What's the cost now Kathy, it's been a while for me.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:41 pm

PH8 wrote:

I took the subway ALONE to Ground Zero last summer and it wasnt scary in the least............they really have cleaned it up.................it is NOT within walking distance of our hotel and looking at the restaurants, those all are............Tavern on the Green might be too much of a walk(esp if it snows),but its only a short taxi ride away........

I really recommend the guide I mentioned on the other thread..........helped me out alot and I pretty know the city.
Could you post that guide here, please?
Oh good.........they have a HoHo bus in NYC. Yay We've done the HoHo when we did all those foreign countries on the Baltic's cruise, when we were in Vancouver and in London. That is definitely a good choice. Just gives you a good overview of everything.

Thanks so much. I would like to be inside a vehicle in December. Being from Ohio I know what the weather can be like. Though maybe by 2010 Global warming will take over NYC and it will be in the 60's. Yeah, like WhenPigsFly !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:49 pm

heres the guide on amazon,Patti...but you can get it most bookstores(got mine at B and N)

http://www.amazon.com/Knopf-MapGuide-New-York-Mapguides/dp/0307263894/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1230662598&sr=11-1

heres the website for the bus(with online discounts)
http://www.coachusa.com/newyorksightseeing/

D--subway is $2 a token,but they have the Metro Card for unlimited for 7.50 (a day)
http://www.ny.com/cgibin/frame.cgi?url=http://www.mta.info/nyct/subway/index.html&frame=/frame/travel.html
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:56 pm

Yeah subways gone a bit since 1996.

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:58 pm

Morning everyone!

If I am not mistaken, isn't there a sightseeing tour included in our precruise package? I think it is two shows, two dinners, and sightseeing? Or something like that? I've done the hop on/off tour before, but it can be chilly in those doubledecker busses.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:13 pm

I wouldn't mind meeting up with other Polar Bears for a group tour of the area. Smile
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 6:02 pm

Me too me too......the more the merrier!!!!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 6:41 pm

Here is my first try at a banner. I did it on my lunch hour. Anyone else want to try?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 6:50 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Morning everyone!

If I am not mistaken, isn't there a sightseeing tour included in our precruise package? I think it is two shows, two dinners, and sightseeing? Or something like that? I've done the hop on/off tour before, but it can be chilly in those doubledecker busses.
Is that for the holiday one or one of the QM ones?? Its getting so confusing................... confused confused confused

Your banner looks great!! Soooooooooo,since you're so artistic,are you gonna come up with shirts for us(CafePress)???
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 6:52 pm

Both, I think? The July Cunard has one show, and I think they are working on other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: