Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths

Go down 
AuthorMessage

St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths Empty
PostSubject: St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths   St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:32 am

Any one have any suggestions for private excursions in these ports?

Kohaladonah
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths   St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:02 am

Island tour on Dominica. Reyno or Beno come highly recommended. Ship tour is usually ok as well...but larger groups. Waterfalls, Emerald pool, Mr. Nice's Fruit stand...so fun!

St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths   St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 3:43 pm

Thanks for these - as we're going to be there twice (doing FLL-Manaus b 2 b) any off the beaten track recommendations?

Kohaladonah
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths   St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 4:43 pm

I think you'll feel right at home in Dominica...Donna. It's the closest thing to Hawaii I've ever seen. The people are very friendly as well.

Back to top Go down
Triangle
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
Triangle

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths   St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 5:17 pm

I enjoyed the zip line in St. Lucia. St. Barth's is a good place to walk around town. There is a beach at the end of town popular with the locals, but no bathroom there!

Triangle Cruises
rogers@trianglecruises.com
800-784-4495
www.trianglecruises.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.trianglecruises.com

PostSubject: Re: St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths   St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 5:32 pm

Our traveling companions are big on ziplining. Not sure I'm really up for that, though, and DH is height aversive. We'll most likely do some river tubing. St. Barths seems really expensive for any of the excursions I've been able to run down. We've booked a tour in St. Lucia with COSOL to the volcano and other sights.

kohaladonah
Back to top Go down
Adirondack Pete
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Adirondack Pete

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths   St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:39 pm

Ginny and I booked a private tour in St Lucia. It actually was a small van with
a few other people. It was an island tour which stopped a "Jealosy" beach.
It also went to the Pitans, included a buffet of the local cuisine, and ended
with Soufriere the active volcano. It was great and very inexpensive. We are going to do it again!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths   St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:26 pm

so pete - did you just get it from one of the van drivers at the port or did you book it ahead of time? if so, do you remember with who? i will be there in 2 weeks and would like that.
Back to top Go down
Adirondack Pete
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Adirondack Pete

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths   St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:36 pm

Cosal St Lucia was the tour company. I think you'll have a great time.

I really dislike organized tours and rent cars even in bad driving places
like Martinique where I had little clue as to the road signs. Having said
that I really liked this guy and many well respected cruisers have given
their recommendation.
Back to top Go down
VJMorrow
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
VJMorrow

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths   St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:43 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
so pete - did you just get it from one of the van drivers at the port or did you book it ahead of time? if so, do you remember with who? i will be there in 2 weeks and would like that.

Here it is.... Peter doesn't know how to post links Wink

http://www.cosoltours.com/

You email him and then he meets you at the pier with a "Cosol" sign.... it costs $50 per person and includes lunch as well as a snack. Very extensive all-day tour and covers everything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths   St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:19 pm

thank you i will do that
Back to top Go down
RKlein
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
RKlein

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths   St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:33 pm

Dominica was awesome, get a guide to take you to the falls and pools as mentioned above. Well worth the hike and the tip. Lots of photo ops.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths   St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:19 pm

I'm going back to Dominica twice this year! I LOVE THIS ISLAND!
I'll be there in a couple weeks....I'll make a full report with pics.

Back to top Go down
hottsk

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths   St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:25 am

I just got back from a cruise that included both of the islands. I am so sad though cuz I wanted to buy a necklace on one of them. The style I was going to buy was everywhere on both islands... in the little markets. Would anyone be willing to pick me up one if I sent you a general discription and the money(for the necklace, shipping and your time)? It's a black conut shell necklace that has about 3 or 4 strings of them.. on some necklaces the shells are circles and other necklaces are triangles. I have picture of the one my neice bought I could send you. They are at almost every booth in the little markets. My email is: hottsk@msn.com. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths   St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

St. Lucia, Dominica, St. Barths
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Ports of Call :: Caribbean :: Caribbean - Southern-
Jump to: