Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS

Go down 
+34
crzy4cruising
Greta
flowers
cmgm1126
Gerri
carol459
lolomeme
Cruising Rays
Exairgoddess1
barbeeAL
frudutx
JJ2sail
misseddie
cruiseforme
Charlie Tuna
Murphy
cruisenfever
vlscruiser
I Cruise Do You Cruise
jillybabes
ndmomof4
skyking
bjjost
NDJollyMon
Mary B
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
dream2cruise
Dr Donna
Kenny
Big Red Robyn
Admin
NYC Teacher
J Kelly
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage

TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:55 am

we don't know for sure yet. we're waiting but either way - we're going.
Back to top Go down
spruce120
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Xmas Cruise 2010   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:08 pm

I hear ya!!!! I don't really care---it's all wonderful to me!!! Never done a Christmas Cruise, but I can just about imagine!!!!!!!! Gala, gala, gala!!! HappyHappyJoyJoy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:11 pm

personally i like being somewhere warm at christmas.
Back to top Go down
spruce120
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Xmas cruise   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:19 pm

I agree with you! We went to a "warmer" place this Christmas (Boise, ID), and we actually had one day that was 53--the rest of the time, the weather was about like Bismarck where we're from! I've only had one warm Christmas---spent in Arizona. It was lovely!!!!
Back to top Go down
spruce120
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Christmas 2010   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:21 pm

As long as you're online and I see you're from NJ, where do we all think we'll be visiting on the cruise? I'm so new to this and don't have time to explore all the threads. I'm sure it's been discussed..... I know it'll be warm...maybe Bermuda....Tortolla? I can't wait until we have a definite itinerary to go by! rendeer
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:16 pm

Anywhere would be wonderfull!!!!

Get away from the cold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:32 pm

last year we did this cruise but it was only 12 days. we went to san juan, st. thomas, dominica, barbados, st. kitts, st. lucia, antigua and i think that was it. because it was 4 days out and 4 days back to nj.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 12:52 am

I hope it changes up some...we just did that itinerary with the exception of San Juan and St. Lucia.

Not that I would mind going back....those islands are great! Especially Dominica! Love it!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 7:45 am

i've done this same trip 3 times. i just go now to go someplace warm and relax. and one caribbean island pretty much looks like the next one. the river cruise you're on will be a nice change up.
Back to top Go down
spruce120
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Xmas Cruise   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:17 am

The itinerary sounds wonderful!!!! I've not cruised on the Eastern side before; haven't visited any of those islands, although my husband was on a Princess cruise and visited some of those islands. Glad to hear it's a great cruise---like we've said, anywhere WARM would be nice!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:10 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
I hope it changes up some...we just did that itinerary with the exception of San Juan and St. Lucia.

Not that I would mind going back....those islands are great! Especially Dominica! Love it!

Unfortunately Pete, there are only so many islands that accommodate cruise ships and, after you've visited them 3 or 4 or 15 times it does become tiresome. However, you can always stay on the ship and enjoy the service and freedom of a relatively empty ship! Or we can come up with games to play for those staying on-board like a Scavenger Hunt
Back to top Go down
spruce120
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Xmas Cruise   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:15 pm

Good idea on the Scavenger Hunt! Those can be so much fun!! Ok, for those of you going on this cruise, do you intend to get inside, oceanview, or balcony cabins??? We don't know what the costs will be yet, but is it usually worth paying out the cash? I've never been on a 14-day cruise, so not sure which way to go on this.....I'd love balcony, but I imagine that'll be a LOT more cash upfront! Does one start getting cabin fever if you're stationed in a lower-level inside cabin? pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 3:29 pm

i have done a couple 12 days in interior. i am never in there so i can't answer you about cabin fever. i basically go to my room to shower, change or sleep and then i'm up and about. last christmas was about 2000 per person for an interior room so i don't waste my time sitting in it. there is just too much going on for me. and interior doesn't necessarily mean lower level. i have always been on deck 9.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 3:54 pm

If you like a little more privacy...a place to 'get away from the masses'...I'd say get a balcony.

Simply put, you will use your cabin more if you have a balcony. It enhances the overall cruise experience. We use ours for morning coffee, watching the ship come into port and dock, watching the sea go by each sea day morning, gathering with friends we cruise with, and I like to sit out there at night and listen to the sea and watch the night sky.

If you tend to 'not care' whether or not you have your own little outdoor area...and are a 'mover and shaker'...an inside can be adequate. They are dark for sleeping, that's for sure.

Our first 2 cruises (7 day and 10 day) were done in an inside cabin.
Our next 4 were all done in a balcony cabin.
What that should tell you is....once you go balcony...it's hard to go back!

The choice is yours...me....I'm getting a balcony!
Back to top Go down
spruce120
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: xmas Cruise   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:29 pm

I know what you mean, Pete. When we had the balcony cabin the last 4-day cruise we were on, it was heaven!!! I had my coffee on it every morning, and it was great to SEE everything! I loved it!!! Sometimes the cost is prohibitive, but sometimes not. I'll just have to wait and see what's offered on this Mystery Cruise!!!!! sunny
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:33 am

Morning all, very cold here in Dallas. Have to wonder where Sping went to.

Nothing exciting planned for today and relaxing day for a change and then up early tomorrow to work and more of the same tomorrow afternoon and evening.

Hope y'all have a good day.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 2:43 pm

Hello future cruisemates! DH and I will be joining you on this terrific journey once the bookings open up. It 's been so tempting and since we've never been to NYC and normally won't cruise over Christmas because of family.......we're doing it anyway! Family will just have to adjust or come along with us.

Looking forward to meeting you all and wish it wasn't so far away.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 3:45 pm

Welcome Wendy & Bill!
Lots of people on this sailing...should be fun!

These threads should pick up now.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 3:52 pm

Hello Wendy & Bill! This will be our first Holiday Vacation ever. Looks like a fantastic trip!
Back to top Go down
atbcat
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
atbcat

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 3:59 pm

Hi Wendy. Glad to see you've officially signed up. :-) This will be an amazing cruise for us all. Lots of fun things planned.

And the pricing is out...I think it is posted here somewhere...I just need to find it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allthebestcruisesandtours.com
Cruising Rays
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruising Rays

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 11:41 pm

Hi Wendy and Bill
Welcome

Kim and Mike
Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS   TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TENTATIVE Roll Call for Christmas 2010 on EOS
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8