Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Taking the family

Go down 
+6
sjcruiser36
thevacationstop
HelenB
NDJollyMon
flowers
NDDad
10 posters
AuthorMessage
NDDad
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
NDDad

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Taking the family Empty
PostSubject: Taking the family   Taking the family Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:05 pm

I want to take my family on a cruise our boys are ages 15-23 any suggestions
Back to top Go down

Taking the family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking the family   Taking the family Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:16 pm

NDDad wrote:
I want to take my family on a cruise our boys are ages 15-23 any suggestions

I'd suggest starting with a 7 day cruise in the Caribbean on Royal Caribbean. Lots of activities for everyone!
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Taking the family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking the family   Taking the family Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 2:02 pm

Most teenagers seem to prefer RCL because of all the sports activities. Voyager is great, but Freedom class also has the H20 zone if your teen or young adult is into water sports and wants to try and surf.

One of the clubs you have to be 18 to go into. The Crypt I think it was called on Voyager, even if you just want to dance.

There will be actities for the 15 year old too.
Back to top Go down

Taking the family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking the family   Taking the family Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 3:22 pm

Royal Caribbean would be great definitely.

Now are far as WHERE to go or what itinerary to do would depend on the interests of the individuals involved ... for example, my husband is an Indiana Jones wannabe so he loves going to Mayan ruins, etc. On the other hand I love anything involving water (SCUBA, snorkeling, etc.) And my daughter, well she likes to "gel" and "hang out" and sleep whenever possible. Wink
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Taking the family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking the family   Taking the family Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 3:52 pm

I agree. Royal Caribbean really does do it right. (not only for kids, but teens and adults) My favorite thing about Royal is the ships. You see them for the first time from the outside...you go wow! That thing is big!
You get inside the atrium and you go, WOOOOOOOW! They are truly spectacular! Compared to every Carnival or Princess ship I've been on...this has been my experience. I'm a ship guy...I go on cruises for the ship itself. I could care less where it's going. Something for everyone.

Now, lets go cruising!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
Resident Expert Family Cruising
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Taking the family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking the family   Taking the family Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 9:33 pm

I will also add that Princess is great for people of all ages, and they have great teen facilities.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Taking the family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking the family   Taking the family Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:25 pm

I noticed that Carnival hasn't been mentioned yet, but my kids all loved the cruise on the Celebration during the summer of 2007. This is one of the smallest in the fleet and they still had a great time. My girls were 15 and 18 at the time, and my son was 11.

They are going with us on the QM July 4th Cruise Freeks cruise next summer.
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
sjcruiser36
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
sjcruiser36

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Taking the family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking the family   Taking the family Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:16 pm

I was on Carnival twice with teens. The activities were great, and on certain nights the disco is reserved for the teens (Security won't let adults in). You could always find the teens (respectfully wandering) around the ship with their new friends or hanging out on one of the promenades.
Back to top Go down
qkdo
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Taking the family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking the family   Taking the family Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:51 pm

Liberty or Freedom of the Seas....Tons of activities there!
Back to top Go down

Taking the family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking the family   Taking the family Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:59 pm

like pete - i don't care where the ship is going. i tell my husband all the time that i don't care if it's anchoring off red hook in brooklyn - if it has pool, hot tub and good food and band - i'm there.
Back to top Go down
darlene
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Taking the family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking the family   Taking the family Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:28 pm

we took a family cruise with ndjollymon on royal with 3 of my kids they loved it they were in the same age range as yours on, i think royal would be my choice for kids, my daughter and jollymons daughter never went to bed they were in the clubs all night, it would be good to have check in times with each other just so you know they are ok. but once your take them they will be hooked
Back to top Go down
idoiqs
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Taking the family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking the family   Taking the family Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 1:50 am

We recently went on a family cruise on RCL. We had a total of nine children in our group. The kids LOVED all the activities. The rock climbing wall, basketball courts, pools, miniature golf, and in line skating kept them busy most of the day. They also thoroughly enjoyed the activities in the various kids programs.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Taking the family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking the family   Taking the family Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 4:51 pm

darlene wrote:
we took a family cruise with ndjollymon on royal with 3 of my kids they loved it they were in the same age range as yours on, i think royal would be my choice for kids, my daughter and jollymons daughter never went to bed they were in the clubs all night, it would be good to have check in times with each other just so you know they are ok. but once your take them they will be hooked

yea...I had to drag her to the port at Haiti! Talk about a drag!
Back to top Go down
MerryMeetingTravel
Host
Host

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Taking the family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking the family   Taking the family Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:05 pm

I think all the suggestions are good ones, but you didn't mention what your budget is. This will need to be taken into consideration.

Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Princess, NCL... all have things for teens to do.

Decide the destination, then price out the different lines, comparing cabins and itineraries with pricing.

Good luck with your decision.

Dolores
Back to top Go down
http://www.MerryMeetingTravel.com
darlene
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Taking the family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking the family   Taking the family Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:51 am

NDJollyMon wrote:
darlene wrote:

yea...I had to drag her to the port at Haiti! Talk about a drag!

well at least your daughter got up and went, not like mind.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Taking the family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking the family   Taking the family Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:52 am

All that partying until 4am did them in!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Taking the family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking the family   Taking the family Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taking the family
Page 1 of 1