Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RCL - Voyager out of Galveston

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

RCL - Voyager out of Galveston Empty
PostSubject: RCL - Voyager out of Galveston   RCL - Voyager out of Galveston Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 10:57 am

Iv noticed that it seems like almost all the U.S. cruises on this site are from the East Coast, many from the NYC and surrounding area.

Just to be honest, I had come here and looked around and didnt post until this Oasis deal because the cruises show this site is mainly for NYers. Maybe thats a good idea if you all want to concentrate on a small area, but this site might get more foot traffic if there was more variety of ports. Im thinking the problem is most ports in the gulf dont have as exciting or new ships. My problem is I can drive to Galveston but other ports I have to add in the cost of airfare which pushes the cost up a lot unless there are compensating factors.

I thought I would throw out this idea, since I know I will cruise more with this site from closer ports. Any gulf ports are driveable from here. I cruise a lot and just like to get away, so for most of my cruises, it will continue to be out of gulf ports that I can drive to. I might be the only Texan who is posting here? Or the only one that the gulf ports are more convenient to get to.

I do love all your group cruises now that Iv looked at them in detail, they are worth getting to.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: RCL - Voyager out of Galveston   RCL - Voyager out of Galveston Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 11:29 am

Hi flowers Very Happy Our groups are formed by our members. If you'd like to see a sailing out of Texas, simply start a thread explaining the ship and itinerary you'd like to take and, if we have at least 8 firm commitments from different board members, then the group becomes official. The only way there might be a problem is if you select a sailing date that is on or very close to another group. It's that easy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: RCL - Voyager out of Galveston   RCL - Voyager out of Galveston Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 11:44 am

Many of our cruises are out of NYC because so many cruisers ARE from the NJ/NYC/CT metropolitan areas. It's an area that those other boards tend to ignore and, speaking only for myself, that is why I started the Christmas 2010 group out of Bayonne. I want the option of a group sailing without having to fly to Florida every single time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RCL - Voyager out of Galveston   RCL - Voyager out of Galveston Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 12:24 pm

I miss living near a port. Smile In Calif we were about an hour (depending on traffic) from Los Angeles/Long Beach, and less than 2 hours from San Diego. Now that I'm in Nashville I much further from any cruise port *sigh* Wink.

Jane, I'm sure as board membership grows we'll have more gulf coast residents join that are interested in "local" cruise departures such as Galveston, Mobile and New Orleans.
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: RCL - Voyager out of Galveston   RCL - Voyager out of Galveston Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 4:36 pm

Considering I have 5 booked cruises in 2009 and would hate to give any of them up, it's not like I need more cruises, so I can wait until there is more of a group who wants to go out of Galveston, Im part of another group talking about Conquest probably Sept 2010 and on the Oasis Halloween 2010, which are going to be close enough together and I try and fit RCL in during the spring, its been Easter last 2 years.

For right now I can add one of your other cruises, but it would be fun to have a cruise freek group eventually to share Voyager with. I love the promenade and dining room. Its a beautiful ship.

Carnival is moving Triumph to New Orleans Nov 09, and I already have it booked for Dec 09, but if some would like time in New Orleans, thats even a possibility. It does alternating East/West. I like the West on this one because it includes Roatan which I love. Its my favorite port.

thanks guys. I can hang on until the group grows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RCL - Voyager out of Galveston   RCL - Voyager out of Galveston Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RCL - Voyager out of Galveston
Page 1 of 1