Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes
 

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Post your questions about NYC/NJ here

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Empty
PostSubject: Post your questions about NYC/NJ here   Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 7:42 pm

We have a similar thread over on the Cunard boards - this is for anyone who needs information regarding NJ or NYC. Us locals will do our best to give you the information you might need like which road to use for example: Is it better to use Route 80 and take the George Washington Bridge or Route 78 or 287. We can also help with selecting your airport or making restaurant recommendations. So, please ask, I know there are lots of NJ/NYC residents on this board, so, you have a wealth of knowledge at your finger tips - just ask!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your questions about NYC/NJ here   Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 9:43 pm

I have a question for you. How come ya'll talk so funny?? Oh wait, Tina said no NJ jokes. ummmm how come ya'll except Tina talk so funny??? Wink
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator


Number of posts : 1132
Reputation : 18
Points : 162
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your questions about NYC/NJ here   Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:08 am

Ronrocks wrote:
I have a question for you. How come ya'll talk so funny?? Oh wait, Tina said no NJ jokes. ummmm how come ya'll except Tina talk so funny??? Wink

Yo Ron! Whad da ya mean we tawk funny? Use think we tawk funny? Forgetaboutit! Wink
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your questions about NYC/NJ here   Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:28 am

Admin wrote:
Ronrocks wrote:
I have a question for you. How come ya'll talk so funny?? Oh wait, Tina said no NJ jokes. ummmm how come ya'll except Tina talk so funny??? Wink

Yo Ron! Whad da ya mean we tawk funny? Use think we tawk funny? Forgetaboutit! Wink

And if you tink thad they tawk funny in Joisey, you should get a taste of Brooklyn accent Wazzzup
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your questions about NYC/NJ here   Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:32 am

Admin wrote:
Ronrocks wrote:
I have a question for you. How come ya'll talk so funny?? Oh wait, Tina said no NJ jokes. ummmm how come ya'll except Tina talk so funny??? Wink

Yo Ron! Whad da ya mean we tawk funny? Use think we tawk funny? Forgetaboutit! Wink

*sigh* reminds me of home....and the Supranos? scratch You may need to change this site to Mafia Cruise Freeks. (we offer one-way tickets with cement boots). affraid
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your questions about NYC/NJ here   Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:38 am

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Admin wrote:
Ronrocks wrote:
I have a question for you. How come ya'll talk so funny?? Oh wait, Tina said no NJ jokes. ummmm how come ya'll except Tina talk so funny??? Wink

Yo Ron! Whad da ya mean we tawk funny? Use think we tawk funny? Forgetaboutit! Wink

And if you tink thad they tawk funny in Joisey, you should get a taste of Brooklyn accent Wazzzup


Ya'll crack me up. Something tells me yall use a different dictionary too!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your questions about NYC/NJ here   Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:41 am

Ronrocks wrote:
Admin wrote:
Ronrocks wrote:
I have a question for you. How come ya'll talk so funny?? Oh wait, Tina said no NJ jokes. ummmm how come ya'll except Tina talk so funny??? Wink

Yo Ron! Whad da ya mean we tawk funny? Use think we tawk funny? Forgetaboutit! Wink

*sigh* reminds me of home....and the Supranos? scratch You may need to change this site to Mafia Cruise Freeks. (we offer one-way tickets with cement boots). affraid

roflmao
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your questions about NYC/NJ here   Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:43 am

Ronrocks wrote:
Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Admin wrote:
Ronrocks wrote:
I have a question for you. How come ya'll talk so funny?? Oh wait, Tina said no NJ jokes. ummmm how come ya'll except Tina talk so funny??? Wink

Yo Ron! Whad da ya mean we tawk funny? Use think we tawk funny? Forgetaboutit! Wink

And if you tink thad they tawk funny in Joisey, you should get a taste of Brooklyn accent Wazzzup


Ya'll crack me up. Something tells me yall use a different dictionary too!

Oh absolutely! We have our own unique vocabulary and we use abbreviations a lot. For example,

GWB = George Washington Bridge
LIRR = Long Island Rail Road
Down the Shore = going to the beach

And those are just a few things...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your questions about NYC/NJ here   Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:48 am

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Ronrocks wrote:
Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Admin wrote:
Ronrocks wrote:
I have a question for you. How come ya'll talk so funny?? Oh wait, Tina said no NJ jokes. ummmm how come ya'll except Tina talk so funny??? Wink

Yo Ron! Whad da ya mean we tawk funny? Use think we tawk funny? Forgetaboutit! Wink

And if you tink thad they tawk funny in Joisey, you should get a taste of Brooklyn accent Wazzzup


Ya'll crack me up. Something tells me yall use a different dictionary too!

Oh absolutely! We have our own unique vocabulary and we use abbreviations a lot. For example,

GWB = George Washington Bridge
LIRR = Long Island Rail Road
Down the Shore = going to the beach

And those are just a few things...

I know right? My mom lived in Philly and she use to always say. "We are going to the shore." Of course her idea of the shore was Atlantic City to play the slots. It's called the beach people.... so I bet you guys call a cruise shore hopping huh?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your questions about NYC/NJ here   Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:50 am

You know..I have a research paper due today. I should probably get started on it but I enjoy this so much more. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Location : ND, USA
Reputation : 91
Points : 271
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your questions about NYC/NJ here   Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:52 pm

Hey Ron...you don't look at all like a tourist in you avatar pic. Not the hat, the sunglasses, the Stingray shirt...nor the GC flag in the background!

But...why the grimace? Were you gettin' a new tattoo??? Twisted Evil

_________________
Pete

Post your questions about NYC/NJ here CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Tommy Bahamas
Deck Hand
Deck Hand


Number of posts : 72
Location : Boca Raton, FL
Reputation : 6
Points : 6
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your questions about NYC/NJ here   Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:29 pm

Here's one for you - we're sailing out of NJ but, pre-cruise is in Manhattan. Which airport do we use and why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator


Number of posts : 1132
Reputation : 18
Points : 162
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your questions about NYC/NJ here   Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:36 pm

Tommy Bahamas wrote:
Here's one for you - we're sailing out of NJ but, pre-cruise is in Manhattan. Which airport do we use and why?

Tommy, if you're referring to the Christmas 2010 sailing, I'd highly recommend Newark over JFK or LaGuardia - it's the closest to the port in Bayonne which will come in handy for return flights.

Also, while I will be making a specific NYC guide for those sailing with us in 2010, you can take a sneak peak at the Cunard guide to NYC for information, airport information and general getting around tips: http://laurenstephens.net/uploads/175748d1f0.pdf
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your questions about NYC/NJ here   Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:47 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
Hey Ron...you don't look at all like a tourist in you avatar pic. Not the hat, the sunglasses, the Stingray shirt...nor the GC flag in the background!

But...why the grimace? Were you gettin' a new tattoo??? Twisted Evil


HA!!! Actually we were in Jamaica. No it wasn't a tattoo. If you must know I had just gotten my hair braided. Of course it was the hair on my back..and the braids were too tight!! j/k I think it had something to do with jerk chicken. Cool
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your questions about NYC/NJ here   Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:50 pm

Admin wrote:
Tommy Bahamas wrote:
Here's one for you - we're sailing out of NJ but, pre-cruise is in Manhattan. Which airport do we use and why?

Tommy, if you're referring to the Christmas 2010 sailing, I'd highly recommend Newark over JFK or LaGuardia - it's the closest to the port in Bayonne which will come in handy for return flights.

Also, while I will be making a specific NYC guide for those sailing with us in 2010, you can take a sneak peak at the Cunard guide to NYC for information, airport information and general getting around tips: http://laurenstephens.net/uploads/175748d1f0.pdf

Agreed - Newark is absolutely the best choice. It might take a bit longer to get into Manhattan but, when we return from the cruise, you'll be glad that Newark airport is only a few minutes away and you won't have hassles of getting through the tunnels or over the bridges to get back into the city.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your questions about NYC/NJ here   Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:50 pm

Ronrocks wrote:
NDJollyMon wrote:
Hey Ron...you don't look at all like a tourist in you avatar pic. Not the hat, the sunglasses, the Stingray shirt...nor the GC flag in the background!

But...why the grimace? Were you gettin' a new tattoo??? Twisted Evil


HA!!! Actually we were in Jamaica. No it wasn't a tattoo. If you must know I had just gotten my hair braided. Of course it was the hair on my back..and the braids were too tight!! j/k I think it had something to do with jerk chicken. Cool

Ron, that's a bit too much information! Razz
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your questions about NYC/NJ here   Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 3:53 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Ronrocks wrote:
NDJollyMon wrote:
Hey Ron...you don't look at all like a tourist in you avatar pic. Not the hat, the sunglasses, the Stingray shirt...nor the GC flag in the background!

But...why the grimace? Were you gettin' a new tattoo??? Twisted Evil


HA!!! Actually we were in Jamaica. No it wasn't a tattoo. If you must know I had just gotten my hair braided. Of course it was the hair on my back..and the braids were too tight!! j/k I think it had something to do with jerk chicken. Cool

Ron, that's a bit too much information! Razz


Your just Jelous because my back hair is longer than yours. stickingtongueout
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Location : ND, USA
Reputation : 91
Points : 271
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your questions about NYC/NJ here   Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 4:07 pm

My bad..Jamaican flag!

_________________
Pete

Post your questions about NYC/NJ here CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content




Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your questions about NYC/NJ here   Post your questions about NYC/NJ here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Post your questions about NYC/NJ here
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean-
Jump to: