Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 11:12 am

Bought my T-Day turkey last night, but I'm contemplating cooking it tomorrow... It's just Ray and me and I bought a little one, but will make stuffing and some sweet potatoes, even though I don't really like them!

I'm working this morning. Our year end audit has been moved up a month, so the auditors will be here 12-8 to audit our Oct and Nov month ends. Because of the T-Day holiday, we'll only have 2 days to close out the month when we usually drag our feets and take the first full week of the month, so I'm hussling to get every thing processed that we can now.

Congrats to you and your staff Barb. It's such a nice feeling to have things go well and have it over with!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 11:31 am

critterchick wrote:
Well, that worked! Thanks, Jen!

Somebody asked about the deposit on a 9-night cruise (the Jewel southbound from Vancouver to San Diego). That's one where RCI is playing it both ways - even though they've cut the credits, the deposit was still $900. But that's a cruise that may well be cancelled because now the Mounties, who were going to occupy the Radiance and Jewel during the Olympics, have apparently backed out of the deal. So we'll see...

I read about that............wish they would make up their minds......

Congrats Barb-----glad you all did so well............

dont stress too much Susan............

Morning all...........
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 4:17 pm

It sure is quiet today! Kathy, I think RCI is caught in the middle on this one - I wonder if they'll end up as a plaintiff in the case, too.

It's 29 degrees in CT. I went for a ride around town with my Dad and checked out all my old schools. The high school is a monstrosity now. Usually Dad is given to hyperbole, but he's spot on when he complains about how ugly it is.

And we went by my childhood home, which has really fallen into disrepair - the big kitchen window is all boarded up, they've cut down a bunch of trees, other trees have fallen over and not been replaced and the yard is a mess. It looks like the Clampetts moved in. Crying or Very sad I guess that, although you can go home again, you shouldn't look too closely!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 4:37 pm

Funny you should talk about "going back".Jean.......my son just sent me a pic of our home on Long Island..........I had to ask him what the picture was..........I didnt even recognize it! affraid
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 5:58 pm

Morning all..........crazy day as usual

Kathy.......I would have refused the muslim stamps. That just irritates me but oh well.........

Dgd had her first 'gymnastic meet' today....she actually performed (I figured there wasn't a chance that she would go out there!)....I told her she was gr8 and she replied with "and awesome'...not lacking self confidence in that child!!!! LOL

Just found a recipe online for a rice stuffing for the turkey...looks really good...I can't stand regular stuffing so I don't even make it (I personally can't cook anything I don't eat--including pumpkin pie ewwwwww)...So I think I'll try the rice stuffing...

lots of work to get done so guess I better finish up.......family dinner tonight at Chilis .....yay ...enchilada soup..mmmmmmmmmm

Have a GR8 Sat y'all

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 6:04 pm

Jul-I had no idea what kind of stamps they were till I came home and looked them up online............had to use 2 already..............wonder if I change them out for another kind?? I really dont want to use them on cards i send and I rarely pay bills thru the mail...........these stamps can sit forever..........

Congrats to your GD...great to have such self confidence at a young age........I know I didnt have any...........

Im with you and pumpkin pie.........dont like it..............last year, we got an ice cream pumpkin pie.....now that was tasty!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 6:10 pm

I can understand the stamp issue Kathy.........most of the time I don't look at them either!!! I had to pay one bill the other day by snail mail and couldn't find a stamp....soooo it'll be po for me this week too!! I'll pay attention!

j
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 6:13 pm

barbeeAL wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:
Barb, Glad your off the hook. Let someone else write the action plans. Did you guys pass without a write-up?

Have a wonderful dinner tomorrow and a great cruise. Hug Nancy and Ken for us. They are special people.

It snowed again like crazy this evening just as Bob was headed home. He ended up cleaning everybody's car off at the Center since they were surprised at the sudden storm and didn't have ice scrapers or brushes. (He's always prepared like a Boy Scout he's so anal Laughing

4 Scarves completed. Cheers

Our staff did great...the surgeons and anesthesia...not so good...docs have a hard time with just addopting pat safety goals...we get them & say how do we make this work, they moan & groan and say why do I have to do this...

SO the 2 things that were zings from OR was surgeon signs on H&Ps, and anesth pre signing orders when surg starts...

Over the house there were some things that will need work...I am very proud of our staff...they did fabulous

Barb congrats on your great staff. It reflects a great leader. I've heard all of the surgeon and anesth stuff before. I guess it's a wide ranging problem.

Have a great cruise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 6:27 pm

I am addle brained. (I guess I usually am Laughing ) but today especially. I just spent 8 hours working on developing a Small Group Concept for our church and taking a Strength Finders Test. Some of the results were spot - on for me. I'm amazed. Others surprised me a bit. It seems like I'm falling back in to an Administrator mode because I agreed to do some of this stuff, but I guess if I can be of help I should. I can be a cruising retiree in January again. After dinner I'll go back to knitting which is a brainless activity for me therefore relaxing.
I had set aside all of today to get this stuff started and I feel as though I've done that so in that respect I feel good.

Now I'm off to surf around and zone out a bit before fixing dinner.

Have a great day all.
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 7:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 7:47 pm

WEll, tried the instructions given and it didn't work for me....will upload it to Photobucket when I have time.

The stamp thing is a riot...I will be careful not to get Muslim stamps too.

Mar~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 7:48 pm

Mar---the above didnt work..........at least not for me,.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:12 pm

Didn't work for me, either.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:18 pm

Evening! Busy day and now just relaxing! Hope everyone has a great weekend and T-Day!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 12:24 am

cruiseforme wrote:

Just found a recipe online for a rice stuffing for the turkey...looks really good...I can't stand regular stuffing so I don't even make it (I personally can't cook anything I don't eat--including pumpkin pie ewwwwww)...So I think I'll try the rice stuffing...
jul Smile

While your rice stuffing sounds good, give me my Mom's old fashioned stuffing! It the reason for my T-Day meal! The Turkey is only to hold the stuffing! lol!
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 3:11 am

Murphy wrote:
cruiseforme wrote:

jul Smile

While your rice stuffing sounds good, give me my Mom's old fashioned stuffing! It the reason for my T-Day meal! The Turkey is only to hold the stuffing! lol!

I am a "dressing girl" love cornbread dressing, made a big pan last night. Dog woke me up, I took him out now I cannot go back to sleep Sleep He is snoring on his blanket in the floor.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 7:26 am

Up working, guess that means vacation is really over.

Realized I missed Nancy's Brithday: HappyBirthday Nancy Party

And today is Patti and LJ's Anniversary how many does that make now? Doing anything special?????

And in case I get busy again and forget Dennis and Kathy are on Wednesday. flower

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 10:12 am

Morning all.....

Looks like busy anniversary week?..wow!

Happy Anniversary this week to Jim and Patti and Dennis and Kathy....Hope you each have a great anniversary day.

Gotta work today too......yukkkk....I am just really cranky on Sundays when I have to work....soooo used to having them off.

Have a great day all......off to get ready

j
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 10:50 am

Jul, sorry you miss the weekends at this time of year. When I was a KMart manager, we didn't have ANY days off work between the Sunday before T-Day and Christmas. Back then, we were closed on T-Day and Christmas at least! Even when I complain about my job now sometimes, I"m so glad I'm not in retail! But, hey, it pays the bills right?

Wow, lots of celebrating this week! Congrats to all! Congratulations

Cold but sunny day here. If I get a burst of energy, the plan is to move the furniture around this afternoon and bring the tree up to start decorating... we'll see if I get that far! HolidayTree
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 10:55 am

Murphy wrote:
Jul, sorry you miss the weekends at this time of year. When I was a KMart manager, we didn't have ANY days off work between the Sunday before T-Day and Christmas. Back then, we were closed on T-Day and Christmas at least! Even when I complain about my job now sometimes, I"m so glad I'm not in retail! But, hey, it pays the bills right?

Wow, lots of celebrating this week! Congrats to all! Congratulations

Cold but sunny day here. If I get a burst of energy, the plan is to move the furniture around this afternoon and bring the tree up to start decorating... we'll see if I get that far! HolidayTree

You got that right! It pays the bills and I have the flexibility for cruising!!!...

Have fun starting to decorate Susan!!!

j
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 12:20 pm

Exairgoddess1 wrote:
WEll, tried the instructions given and it didn't work for me....will upload it to Photobucket when I have time.

The stamp thing is a riot...I will be careful not to get Muslim stamps too.

Mar~

I think you forgot the final step. Looks like you copied and pasted the actual file from your computer. When you locate the file, you need to hit the "host it" button in the bottom of the the box. Then you will get another box with 3 different URL's, copy and paste the middle url into the post.

I will try and do more detailed instructions.

Last edited by JJ2sail on Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 12:28 pm

Morning everyone!

My 12 hour scrapbook day, was fun! I got about 8 pages done, from Las Vegas, and about 16 Christmas cards made. They had a massage therapist there, doing full massages for $1 a minute. So I had a 30 min massage, she was really good, wish I had done the full hour! She worked on my foot for awhile and it felt much better.

Speaking of stuffing/dressing, Dream dinners had a stuffing recipe you could make last week, so I went ahead and made it and put it in the freezer. What I thought was really odd was, they used salad croutons for the bread, then added celery, onion, sausage, dried cranberries, and pecans and various spices. So we'll see how it turns out.

Happy Anniversary Patti and Jim!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 12:38 pm

OKay, I am going to try and do step by step instructions. Maybe I am just not explaining it right. I know Jean got one picture posted, but not sure which method she used.

Hosting a picture:

Step 1

Click on the "Host and Image" button on the tool bar, sixth button over.

Step 2

Click on browse button, and locate your picture on your computer.
Click on your picture so it shows up in the blank box.

Step 3

Click the little "host it" button at the bottom of the window.

Step 4

I new window opens up with 3 different URL's, copy the middle URL and paste it in your post.
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Earthb11

Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 1:02 pm

The only problem I had with the hosting was getting rid of the little box after I was done. And it's positioned right over the reply, which makes for a PITA.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 1:11 pm

Jean, After you copy the URL, just go back up to the tool bar and click on the host a picture button again, and it will close the window. Then paste the Url into the post box.

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 100_2010

Last edited by JJ2sail on Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: