Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 8:35 am

Thanks for all the Bon Voage wishes. It would be so fun to have all of you with us again.
Will want to hear how all of the babies have grown when we get back.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, do hope it is a great Holiday for all.

Barb--see you next week.

Later--
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:02 am

BON VOYAGE NANCY AND BARB!!!! Congratulations
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:10 am

Morning all, sorry it took so long to get back into the swing of things. John came home with a cold and then on Monday he had oral surgery. Work is much the same nothing of mine got done while I was gone and everything needs to be done NOW!!!!

Bon Voyage to those setting sail, welcome back Marilyn glad to hear you had such a fabulous time.

As Jill said we did have a great time meeting up with old friends and meeting some new ones.

John is going to purchase stock today. We figure we'll use it for the 3 we already have booked. What do we have to lose?

So when I got home yesterday there was a big brown envelope in the mail. In side was a white box tied with a turquoise ribbon. The most gorgeous Wedding Invitation to my son's wedding in Ocho Rios Jamaica on May 25th. The Invitation has a full sized starfish on it!
I've been pricing packages ever since Cool . Need to see if there's a cruise that has a stop there that day roflmao .

ttfn

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:21 am

Morning everyone!

So I noticed the really good prices on the Alaska cruises next year, and went in and did a dummy booking to see what the total cost would be, and it still had the fuel charge add on? So, do I have to wait till 2010 for no fuel charge?
I guess, I wasn't paying attention to the fine print! Mad

Have a good day everyone!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:54 pm

Morning............

Just looked and Carnival Destiny will be the only ship at Ocho Rios that date,Diane.....

Ive been thinking about the stock(even though I bet it goes lower),but do I have this right?? After Dec,you can use it and a discount??? Im so confused.......

Im not sure about those fuel surcharges myself,Jen........guess I havent been paying very good attention to all the latest.......

Time for an update...........nice cruise,Jean....

Happy Thursday to all..................A week from today is turkey day.........wich I was celebrating it on a ship.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:55 pm

Nov
22nd--Nancy--Voyager--Med
22nd--Ginny--Sapphire Princess--MexicanRivera
29th --Barb/Nancy--Voyager-- Barcelona TA

Dec
7th--Marilyn--Vision--MexicanRiveria
14th--Jen--Vision--Mexican Riveria
15th--Kathy--Navigator--WCarib
18th--Jean--AzamaraJourney--Panal Canal

January
11th-Diane--Voyager-WCarib
18th--Diane-Voyager-WCarib
30th--Jul--Jewel-Panama Canal

Feb
1st--Sheila/Michelle-Independence-WCarib
5th--Kathy-Navigator-WCarib
8th--Susan--Adventure-SoCarib
13th--Jean-CarnivalParadise-BajaMexico
22nd--Marilyn--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
27th--Jill--Grand Princess 14 nt Caribbean Collection

April
19th--Jean/Marilyn/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
26th--Patti/Sheila/Nancy--Radiance--SoAmerica to San Diego

May
8th--Chris/Martha--Rhapsody--Alaska
10th--Marilyn--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
16th--Jean--AzamaraBest of Italy

Jun
8th--Barb--Monarch--Bahamas
21st--Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

July
1st-Kathy/Jen/Jul/Ginny--QM2--Canada/NE

Aug
29th--Sheila/Nancy--CaribbeanPrincess--Can/NE

Sept
2nd--Patti/GinnyRae--Jewel--TA
6th--Marilyn--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
14th--Patti--Jewel--NewEngland/Canada
24th/28th(b2b)--Susan--Enchantment--WCarib

Oct
4th--Kathy--Freedom--ECarib
4th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
25th--Jill/Diane--GoldenPrincess--Hawaii

Nov
16th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
20th--Nancy--Solstice--Med
21st--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
23th--Barb-- Independence--England & PARIS TA
30th--Nancy--Solstice--TA

Dec
6th--Marilyn--Mariner--MexicanRiveria
7th---Chris & Martha--Grandeur--ECarib
20th--Jen/Jul/Michelle/Susan--QM2--Eastern/SouthernCarib(15nts)
26th--Jean--SapphirePrincess--MexicanRiveria

Jan
9th--Jul--Oasis--ECarib
16th--Jul--Oasis--ECarib

Feb
26th--Sheila--Rhapsody--Australia(b2b)

March
2nd--Jean--Jewel--Vancouver to San Diego repo
15th--Sheila/Nancy--Rhapsody--Australia/New Zealand

April
12th--Sheila--Rhapsody--Sydney to Hawaii

Sept
11th--Michelle--Oasis--ECarib
25th--Susan--Oasis--ECarib

Oct
9th--Jill/Diane--Oasis--ECarib
30th--Jen/Sheila/Ginny/Nancy--Oasis--WCarib
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:32 pm

PS..how much deposit for a 9 nighter???

Just wondering.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:36 pm

Morning everyone...............dreary day here, but again.............BIG SNOW coming..........so they say.

Jen, if you book a cruise for 2010 there will be no fuel surcharge added. If you book a cruise for 2009 then the fuel surcharge will be determined by quarter of the date of your sailing whether you have to pay or not.

Kathy..........I'm not sure, but I think a deposit for a 9 nighter would be the same as for a 7 night cruise. I know for a 12 night cruise it's the same as for a 14 day cruise.

OK..........why are the post/reply boxes so wide??

Last edited by cruisenfever on Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:54 pm

Anybody seen this regarding Radiance and Jewel being used as housing for security during the Winter Olympics?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl.../National/home
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:26 pm

I had heard that Patti...........that explains why JW is headed that way,I guess......and why nothing shows for Feb 2010..........

My post screen is ok.............maybe something to do with your settings??
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:27 pm

PH8 wrote:
I had heard that Patti...........that explains why JW is headed that way,I guess......and why nothing shows for Feb 2010..........

My post screen is ok.............maybe something to do with your settings??
So, where do I go to find settings?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:55 pm

Good question..............I thought it may have do with settings on here,but apparentally thats not a feature you can adjust......

Is it JUST on here or are you noticing it on other sites??

PS.could always restart your puter..............I do that ......sometimes it helps me with problems........sometimes not.........
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 4:01 pm

PH8 wrote:
Good question..............I thought it may have do with settings on here,but apparentally thats not a feature you can adjust......

Is it JUST on here or are you noticing it on other sites??

PS.could always restart your puter..............I do that ......sometimes it helps me with problems........sometimes not.........
Only on CF................it used to be that it would be this way for one page and then all subsequent pages were normal. I've gone back a few pages and they are all this way. Mad
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 5:52 pm

Back at work, the fog was just clearing when I dropped my Mom off, looks like they will have a nice sail away, unless of course the fog rolls back in this afternoon!

My posting box seems wider also. Maybe it's just because we are so wordy! Razz

Thanks Patti, for the short and clear version of the fuel charges. I wish they would just remove them all together.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 6:16 pm

Well, we're now stock holders. It'll come in handy on the next 3 cruises at least. And, we usually do not purchase Next Cruises. Of course I'm still confused if we can still use the OBC credit with C&A discounts?

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 6:37 pm

frudutx wrote:
Well, we're now stock holders. It'll come in handy on the next 3 cruises at least. And, we usually do not purchase Next Cruises. Of course I'm still confused if we can still use the OBC credit with C&A discounts?

d
Congratulations on becoming a shareholder. You got in at a really good price.

After December 31, 2008, when you book a cruise (either from home or while on a ship) you will only be able to apply "1" benefit to any booking. So that means you can select your OBC from booking a cruise while on a cruise, OBC from being a shareholder, P/D/D+ balcony discount and C&A $$$ off coupons, if one becomes available for your particular sailing. I believe that Senior/Residency/Military also apply.............but I'm not real sure.

Visa points can still be redeemed and used whichever way you want in addition to your "1" benefit.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 6:39 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Back at work, the fog was just clearing when I dropped my Mom off, looks like they will have a nice sail away, unless of course the fog rolls back in this afternoon!

My posting box seems wider also. Maybe it's just because we are so wordy! Razz

Thanks Patti, for the short and clear version of the fuel charges. I wish they would just remove them all together.
Oh good, Jen has a wider box also.................so it's just not me!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear that Mom got off successfully. I do hope that she has nice weather and enjoys her cruise.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 7:37 pm

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Patti my screen is also showing large.

Leave in a 20 minutes to pick up Alex from school and have him put the suitcases in trunk and then clean up a bit. When he is ready will hit the road to Anaheim. Traffic should be really busy as that is around quitting time but we should make it in about 1 hour and 45-50 minutes barring any traffic delays.

Jen I hope your mom enjoys her cruise.

Hope you'll have a wonderful Thanksgiving where ever you may be. Very Happy turkey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 7:55 pm

Ok Patti..so if I did have stock,I can only use what??(fill in the blanks please) with it??????????
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:20 pm

PH8 wrote:
Ok Patti..so if I did have stock,I can only use what??(fill in the blanks please) with it??????????
That's it............nada....nothing........nil after December 31, 2008.

If you have a RCI Visa you can redeem points and use that with any booking............that hasn't changed yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:21 pm

so its really not worth buying ,is it?? I mean we always use our D discount or coupons..........
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:44 pm

Brrrrr! I just landed at JFK and it is chilly!

The only reason for me to hang on to my stock is for X or AZ. They don't offer a balcony discount and the OBC is based on the price of the cruise.

I hope the shuttle gets here soon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:15 pm

Ok,good point Jean.......if I ever do take that X cruise,I could get OBC,,,,,,,,

Stay warm!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:15 pm

PH8 wrote:
so its really not worth buying ,is it?? I mean we always use our D discount or coupons..........
The only advantage that I can see from using the OBC from being a shareholder is that if you do longer cruises you get $250 for a 14+ night cruise opposed to an OBC from booking on board which would give you $200 for 10+ nights. You would still get $200 from shareholder benefits for a cruise that is 10-13 nights.

So you have to ask yourself...........do I want more money off my cruise before I take it.................or do I want money on my cruise to spend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:24 pm

I left the house at 8am to have breakfast with friends and I didn't get home 'til 4pm but I knocked out a bunch of Christmas shopping so I'm happy. We bought some stock today as well. Figured we'd have some to sell when and if it goes back up.

It snowed here today. Bring on Indy in Feb I say.

Di, Hope John is feeling better. Welcome back.

Off to watch Survivor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: