Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+15
flowers
JayKay
jb8539
barbeeAL
vlscruiser
frudutx
GrmyCRS
critterchick
Murphy
cruisenfever
JJ2sail
nancyk2sea
jillybabes
cruiseforme
Exairgoddess1
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 1:35 pm

Morning all, got to work later than usual. Had my yearly check with the DR. EKG. BP, all ok, will get my blood work back in a few days. Need to make an appt to have the girls checked and will go in on 12/8 for a bone density scan. Fortunately DO NOT have to have a colonoscopy until next year. Cool

Received an email from RCCL that our docs are ready for the first leg of our Voyager cruise. Will print them when I get home tonight.

Going to be a beautiful day in Dallas.

d
Back to top Go down
critterchick
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 3:55 pm

It's a little overcast today. I had nice walk with Blanca in the sun before the clouds came in. She was walk-deprived while I was gone - she was prancing like a circus dog when I pulled out her leash, LOL. Carmen gets a short walk up the street - she just doesn't have the legs for a full mile, but she still needs to go out for a bit.

My visit with Dad was good - we just hang around the house doing nothing, but it was nice just to be in each other's company for a bit. I am happy to be back home, though.

I have to do my Thanksgiving shopping today and tomorrow. I think I'm going to get a massage, too. My lower back isn't happy about all that sitting on the plane. I'm going to make a batch of pea soup, too. I think soup for lunch will be my regimen for the next few weeks. My menopause belly is getting bigger and bigger, and "they" say that's the deadliest place to put on fat. So I'm trying to banish it before all its friends come to stay, too, LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 7:17 pm

Welcome home Jean. Glad you're not cold anymore. It's not quite so cold here today so a little relief.
Kathy I know what you mean about Sam's I have to pick up pies tomorrow and I'm sure it'll be a Zoo.
I worked on a Christmas card on- line today. I usually use Vista Print but the designs this year didn't turn me on. I did do one and save it then went on to Shutterfly and did another one. I saved them for Bob to see before I decide. Seems like last years went better.
All the decos are piled in my spare BR waiting for me to get into the boxes. I'm feeling a little over-whelmed looking at them. affraid

My master plan is to be decorated and cards ordered at the end of this weekend. Yeh right !!!!!

Does anybody do "Black Friday" shopping? I love it and I plan to do that too. The Rehoboth Outlets are having "Midnight Madness" opening at midnight Thanksgiving night. We did it 2 years ago and it was fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 7:34 pm

No Black Friday shopping for me.............well, as of now............my daughter and I used to go......thats when the stores opened at 7am..........now with 4am and earlier,I rather be sleeping..........I really dont have much to get for Christmas..........we do want a new tv though and thats the day I bought one last year.........we'll see..........

Just picked up my Jeep............its been 15 days and it felt so weird to be sitting up so high..............I really loved the rental.........the little G6.....it was super on gas.........

Sams was crazy today.......I just got my rx and walked around and ate samples and left.......didnt want to wait in line for anything..................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 8:22 pm

PH8 wrote:
No Black Friday shopping for me.............well, as of now............my daughter and I used to go......thats when the stores opened at 7am..........now with 4am and earlier,I rather be sleeping..........I really dont have much to get for Christmas..........we do want a new tv though and thats the day I bought one last year.........we'll see..........

Just picked up my Jeep............its been 15 days and it felt so weird to be sitting up so high..............I really loved the rental.........the little G6.....it was super on gas.........

Sams was crazy today.......I just got my rx and walked around and ate samples and left.......didnt want to wait in line for anything..................

Kathy I thought I was the only one who ate lunch at the sample tables at Sam's. Laughing I plan on that tomorrow. lol!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 9:08 pm

Hi everyone! It's cold here! :coldout: We woke up to our first snow accumulation. About 1/2 inch, just enough to cause everyone to drive nutsy this morning! It mostly melted once the sun came out, but never really warmed up.

I don't "do" Black Friday and haven't for years! I am running behind on my shopping this year. Because of my previous retail management years, I got into the habit of having ALL my holiday shopping done by T-Day, since I didn't have any days off after that. But not this year! I've ordered things to be delivered to our out of state family, but haven't bought a single gift for Ray or any of the locals!
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 9:39 pm

I've shopped for my MIL and that's it. Don and I aren't exchanging tangible gifts - the cruise will be our present to ourselves and each other. My work has dried up for the time being, so I'm not into spending any more money on stuff right now. Although the new Chico's catalog had some gorgeous-looking items in it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 10:45 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:

Kathy I thought I was the only one who ate lunch at the sample tables at Sam's. Laughing I plan on that tomorrow. lol!
apparentally not........hahaha

Got my Coldwater creek catalog.....nice stuff...............never bought any Chicos stuff,but I think I'll go order a catalog right now........

Dennis and I wont exchange cuz like Jean,the cruise is our gift.............but I did tell him,he has to put something(little,no more than $50) under the tree.....too sad not to have any presents when I wake up Christmas morning Laughing

No gifts for the inlaws....well, technically that grand suite we got them is their gift.........so that just leaves my kids........and chances are those are gift cards......Christmas is not as exciting without little kids........
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 11:40 pm

No black friday shopping here either.......I have never done it.......but then I've worked retail for the last 21 years so I'm always behind the register not in front of it!!

My mom, bro, sil and nephew are going to be stopping in for one hour on Friday.....they will be going from Tx to WI and then back to Tx and going to stop to see the babies....I cannot believe that all they will stay is ONE hour....it will take me longer to get home from the store to say hi........CRAZY

Went to the PO twice to get Cmas stamps and both times the line was wayyyyy tooo long to wait.....sooo no stamps yet!

j
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 11:52 pm

YAY......stamps ordered online.....$1.00 chge to do it....easy....and Cmas ones too...(not the muslim!) I didn't want to send dh down to get them as he wouldn't pay attention to the type..

Btw......serving up some pomegranate martini's tonight.....ANYONE???? (they're really really good!!!)

jul
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 12:07 am

Evening all...............No Black Friday shopping here either. Only have to think about son and DIL, and they are each given money. Jim and I don't exchange..........we just cruise once in a while. Very Happy

Susan, we had rain today.............but now it is snowing and only God knows how much we will get and if we get any.

Well, anybody got a favorite for DWTS?? I thought all three did very well tonight. Brooke is probably the best, just don't like her attitude sometimes. Lance has the stage presence and has really improved............and Warren, well, he's just one big cuddly teddy bear.

Do we have any "24" fans?? Got all excited last night cause the 2 hour premier was on. Then when it's over they announce that the series doesn't begin until January 11 with another 2 hour premier. Shocked

Have a great night everyone.........................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 12:24 am

Patti my DS has been telling me for years that I should watch 24 but I never got started. I did TVO last night and I'll watch it to see if I can possibly catch up and understand the concept.

I think DWTS is Brooke's to lose. At this point I think she's have to fall flat to lose.

Bob and I don't exchange except that I usually end up getting him something and vice versa. Nothing big.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 12:38 am

Sheila.......AWESOME AVATAR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 12:57 am

mmmmmmm...pomegranite martinis sound yummy....pass one over,please.........

Patti-you cruise ONCE in AWHILE??? scratch Dennis and I talk about how much we cruise(just like the rest of you) and say how some people save up and cruise ONCE in their live..........we are all very lucky and spoiled!!

awwwwwwww.......whatta precious pic,Sheila........soooooooo cute........
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:11 am

Pomegranate martinis, yum! I had too many of those on Vision - nice and tart. The first one I ever had, on Princess, was wayyy too sweet! I'm just sitting down to DWTS. Brooke is clearly the best dancer technically (never danced before roflmao ) but I've enjoyed Warren Sapp as Everyman Learns to Dance and Lance as the Rebel. I loved Lance in the Samba Smackdown, didn't care for his freestyle routine. I thought Brooke was too delicate in the Samba, great in her freestyle. Loved Warren in both.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:06 am

Guess I signed off too early last night and I'm not sure my boss would appreciate me drinking a martini for B-Fast, so guess I'll catch them next time!

Sheila that is an adorable picture of you with the baby!!!

I too think Brooke will win, but Lance has improved loads. Warren is the wild card. We'll see tonight!

Still cold here, but warming to the mid 40's tomorrow! Woo hoo heat wave!

Ray and I both say we won't exchange gifts, we don't need anything we don't buy when we need it! But I usually get a few things. Like Kathy, it's too depressing not opening anything!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:19 am

Sheila what a fantastic avatar!

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 11:26 am

Sheila adorable avatar...
Well I now officially have Dave's cold, he is such a nice guy likes to share!!!

We also do not exchange Xmas gifts (only cruises) and yes, we are lucky to be able to cruise like we do and meet some of the nicest people too!

Sorry I missed the martini's sis, but I probably wouldn't have been able to taste the tartness...Later, Jill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 11:52 am

Good Morning All. Thanks for the nice comments on my Avatar. I had just down loaded all Bob's pics and liked that one.
I'm not a huge Martini fan, catch me the next time the wine is flowing. I did have a couple of lemon drops on Jewel and found that it depended on who made it as to whether I liked it. I got very ill one time drinking Martini's (In my younger wild days) Twisted Evil That has probably influenced my feelings on Martinis.

I totally agree that we are a bunch of fortunate people. I know we have all worked hard over the years but we are still priveleged to be able to cruise as we do. I'm thankful this week for this dream come true for us. turkey

I'll definitely be tuned in tonight to see the finals of DWTS.

I have to work at 1pm and my goal is to order my cards and and write my holiday letter so I'd better get going.
Catcha later.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 12:01 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Sheila adorable avatar...
Well I now officially have Dave's cold, he is such a nice guy likes to share!!!

We also do not exchange Xmas gifts (only cruises) and yes, we are lucky to be able to cruise like we do and meet some of the nicest people too!

Sorry I missed the martini's sis, but I probably wouldn't have been able to taste the tartness...Later, Jill

Gosh, I'm sorry you caught his cold. Hope it does not hang around to long!

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:25 pm

Morning everyone...

Very cute picture Sheila!

Well, it looks like we will be able to go to my Nephew's for Thanksgiving afterall. Jim's brother finally called yesterday and said that he would take their Mom for Thanksgiving. Of course I already bought the Turkey and everything on Sunday, cuz I thought we were staying home! Oh well.

Jill- Hope you feel better soon!
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 3:17 pm

Love the avitar Shelia....so sweet!

Barcelona is beautiful....chilly and people galore

a few pix so far...
Have visited Sagrada Familia...amazing...went up to the spires & thought I would die....the walking down was a spiral staircase with only a rail on one side....you could see straight down I have never felt this way before...
I inched down the wall...one step at a time....so happy to reach the bottom...

Did get some great photos....had to swallow lots of panic to take affraid

http://family.webshots.com/album/568886339QHhOmc

Yes we blessed to be able to travel as we all do....worked hard to get here, but thankful as well....

Off to eat some tapas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 4:11 pm

Beautiful pics,Barb.........really nice..........

Hope you get to feeling better Jill..............go out and get some sunshine on you.....nice out.............

Had lunch at Olive Garden.........we hardly ever eat there.....but it was good...had AUCE soup,salad and breadsticks..........had the new chicken gnocchi(?) soup.....it was YUMMY.......But I overdid and am sooooooooooo full now..........no dinner for me.............
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 4:30 pm

Afternoon everyone...............home from the grocery store...........really not that crowded today............though tomorrow will probably be a different story,

Sheila, love the new picture............baby is adorable. I so look forward to the day when I can hold my grandchild like that.

PH8 wrote:

Patti-you cruise ONCE in AWHILE??? scratch Dennis and I talk about how much we cruise(just like the rest of you) and say how some people save up and cruise ONCE in their live..........we are all very lucky and spoiled!!
stickingtongueout Yep.........spring and fall..........and I do consider that once in a while. If we lived closer to a port that we could drive to, then you can be assured that we would cruise more often.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 4:40 pm

barbeeAL wrote:
Love the avitar Shelia....so sweet!

Barcelona is beautiful....chilly and people galore

a few pix so far...
Have visited Sagrada Familia...amazing...went up to the spires & thought I would die....the walking down was a spiral staircase with only a rail on one side....you could see straight down I have never felt this way before...
I inched down the wall...one step at a time....so happy to reach the bottom...

Did get some great photos....had to swallow lots of panic to take affraid

http://family.webshots.com/album/568886339QHhOmc

Yes we blessed to be able to travel as we all do....worked hard to get here, but thankful as well....

Off to eat some tapas

Fabulous pictures Barb, only a few pictures? hey I think Dianna and Jim and Carlos and Rose from the Polar Cruise are on the TA too. Let me see if I can find a picture of them. Jill, help me out here.

d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next