Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Single Dad
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Single Dad

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-09-18

2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Empty
PostSubject: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 2:43 pm

I haven't been to NYC since I'm a teenager and my girls have never been. The pre-cruise package Tina has
put together is incredible! Does anyone know what type of daytime sightseeing is going to be included
and also I'm open to suggestions in case the activities aren't something that would interest my girls?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 2:47 pm

To be honest, we didn't get this far yet - but, thank you for starting the thread. This way we can see what people favor most and try to accommodate the taste of the group as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
Not A Pain In The Aft
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Not A Pain In The Aft

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 8:48 pm

Speaking only for myself, I will more than likely pass on daytime sightseeing. I'm in NYC fairly often so I've seen/done most of the tourist attractions numerous time. I might take in a matinee for a show I haven't see or won't be seeing with the group or might take advantage of shopping on 5th Avenue.
Back to top Go down
Big Red Robyn
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Big Red Robyn

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 5:31 pm

I'll make a recommendation - The behind the scenes door tour of Radio City - very, very interesting!

It's a one hour walking tour

http://www.radiocity.com/tours/index.html
Back to top Go down
NDDad
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
NDDad

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:13 am

Ground Zero is on my kids list!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:30 pm

NDDad - I think we started to get a more recent list together around here somewhere. Hmmm, I know I didn't imagine it. Let me see if I can find you the list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:43 pm

OK I better regulate my meds because I can't seem to find it now. BeamMeUp

The list included ideas like Statue of Liberty, the Museums, Ground Zero, Rockefeller Center, Top of the Rock, Christmas Lights tour and some of the guys wanted a stop at a NYC firehouse
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:04 pm

Crystal...
I need to go to ground zero and an FDNY fire house.

2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
darlene
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 10:08 pm

we were in nyc to see the towers, that was awesome never did get in them, i would like to go to the top of the statue of liberty, and of course the fire houses, my husband is assistant fire chief in isanti minnesota and we try to get to the fire stations when we cruise and collect their fire shirts and the behind the scenes radio city would also be good, and to be in the audience of a talk show also would be great
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 3:13 pm

darlene wrote:
we were in nyc to see the towers, that was awesome never did get in them, i would like to go to the top of the statue of liberty, and of course the fire houses, my husband is assistant fire chief in isanti minnesota and we try to get to the fire stations when we cruise and collect their fire shirts and the behind the scenes radio city would also be good, and to be in the audience of a talk show also would be great

No one gets to go to the top of Statue of Liberty anymore. The farthest you can get is the base/pedistal.

To do that, you have to go through one round of security at the ferry launch (yep, it's set up just like the airport security) and then when you get over to the island, you have to go through a 2nd round of security to get into the base of the statue.

Honestly, we were fine with just being on Liberty Island. You can walk all around it. Go in for souvenirs and food. Going into the base is just a PITA. Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
spruce120
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:17 am

Having never been to NYC, I'm up for anything! I want to check out Times Square for sure...see what that's all about. I can't wait! Hope the time goes fast until then!
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:04 pm

A traditional experience is the view from the Empire State Building which is great, but the line-ups can be really long. A spectacular view can also be seen from the Top of the Rockefeller Center and the lines will be much shorter. And you can see the Empire State Building. Smile
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:16 pm

Hey SPRUCE....
Did you know Holly & Dirk have decided to join us on this cruise???

2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
bjjost
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bjjost

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:42 pm

Regarding the Statue of Liberty... you also have to buy 2 tickets if you want to go into the statue. One to get over to the island and one for the statue itself. And the statue tickets sell out fast. I don't imagine there's too much of a line in December, but in May, we stood in line for over 2 hours just to get on the boat. Then when we got to the island, it was another hour and a half wait to get into the statue. We didn't wait...
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:50 pm

I used to live in Battery City and would cut through the Trade Center on the way to and from work. Ground Zero is on my list also.

My husband would also like to see the USS Intrepid, weather permitting!

d

Last edited by frudutx on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:18 pm

I'll be helping Tina and Marilyn getting the sightseeing lined up so keep the suggestions coming!
Back to top Go down
lordoftime
First Mate
First Mate
lordoftime

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:51 pm

Because it is Christmas Macy's window should be on the list. santa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Anyone want to do a lunch cruise around New York Harbor?

http://www.bateauxnewyork.com/ba/lunch.jsp
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:49 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:

[url=http://www.bateauxnewyork.com/ba/lunch.jsp
http://www.bateauxnewyork.com/ba/lunch.jsp[/quote[/url]]

Nick, won't it be cold? I know you eat inside but seems cold...yet i've never gone to NYC before
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:54 pm

mnmomof4 wrote:
Nick Needs To Know wrote:

[url=http://www.bateauxnewyork.com/ba/lunch.jsp
http://www.bateauxnewyork.com/ba/lunch.jsp[/quote[/url]]

Nick, won't it be cold? I know you eat inside but seems cold...yet i've never gone to NYC before

Oh yes, it's going to be cold. Just trying to think of things for you all to see when you come into town!! We certainly don't want to put everyone on the open air double decker bus tours in the middle of winter! :coldout:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:01 pm

Ok thanks for the info Nick
Back to top Go down
atbcat
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
atbcat

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:12 pm

Hey guys. Good thread!

Tina said we should probably avoid the Statue of Liberty in December...too darn cold.

I personally want to do the Natural Science Museum one day. And possibly walk in Central Park and do the ice skating either place - even if its cold. At least that's better than being on the water in the cold...oh wait, isn't that what we are doing on a cruise? Shocked

Well, at least the cruise ship has plenty of places to hide for days on end before we get to the warm waters/weather of the Caribbean. sunny

Keep throwing out ideas. I'm thinking we simply have groups of people who go places and if people want to join them, then great. If they want to be on their own, then great.

714-402-8069
email: allthebestcruises@hotmail.com
2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Mystery-Signature
Back to top Go down
http://www.allthebestcruisesandtours.com
bjjost
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bjjost

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:06 pm

Open air, double decker bus tour... December 18th... New York City...

Yeah... that's what we want to do!! It will make us appreciate the warm weather in the Caribbean more!!!
Back to top Go down
misseddie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
misseddie

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:52 pm

crusinmama06 wrote:

The list included ideas like Statue of Liberty, the Museums, Ground Zero, Rockefeller Center, Top of the Rock, Christmas Lights tour and some of the guys wanted a stop at a NYC firehouse

• Top of the Rock Observation Deck
  • NBC Studio Tour
  • Rockefeller Center
  • City Tour by Bus
  • At least one Broadway show
  • Radio City Christmas Show
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:45 pm

misseddie wrote:
crusinmama06 wrote:

• Top of the Rock Observation Deck
  • NBC Studio Tour
  • Rockefeller Center
  • City Tour by Bus
  • At least one Broadway show
  • Radio City Christmas Show

Yes, I'm with you Charlie plus John would also like to see the Intrepid.

d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing   2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010 Christmas Cruisers - Daytime Sightseeing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Freek Group Cruises :: 2010 Group Cruises :: Holiday Cruise on Explorer of the Seas-
Jump to: