Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question

Go down 
+6
Down The Shore Guy
NDJollyMon
Not A Pain In The Aft
Nancy R
Charlie Tuna
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Empty
PostSubject: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 2:40 pm

I've been talking with Tina (and TA Marilyn) via email this morning and, here's a hotel question for you - how
would you all feel about the Hilton on the Avenue of the Americas? http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/NYCNHHH-Hilton-New-York-New-York/index.do

Before you panic at the prices, Tina said she is probably going to make the same offer for the Royal Caribbean cruisers
in 2010 as she did with the Cunard cruisers in 2009 - book by a certain date and get the pre-cruise package free.

So what do you think? The location is absolutely PERFECT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 2:49 pm

Sounds good to me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 3:07 pm

This link is a flash video presentation of the hotel:
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/hotelpromo.jhtml?ctyhocn=NYCNHHH&promo=flash

Of course the main website has more information but, at least you can get a feel for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 3:39 pm

Wow....looks nice....and yes I am following you....lol
Back to top Go down
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 5:40 pm

Good choice!!! I don't know how to describe this Hilton to you that haven't been to NYC - it's in the middle of everything. Rockefeller Center & Radio City are literally just down a few blocks, very walkable - you can get over to Fifth Avenue to shop if you so wish - we're close enough to Times Square to be able to enjoy it but, far enough way that you won't get sucked into the tourist traps. And, you can walk to Central Park for skating or horse and carriage ride (provided the city doesn't ban them by then). If you look at the map below the Star (red mark) is the location of the hotel.

Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Hilton10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 8:00 pm

Great map Vinnie! This way everyone can see exactly how well the hotel is situated. Rockefeller Center is between 49th and 50th and 5th and 6th and the Hilton on 6th (also known as The Avenue of the Americas) is located between 53rd and 54th. It's an easy walk for most people.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Tuna
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Charlie Tuna

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:46 am

I've stayed at this hotel! Great choice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nancy R
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 12:25 pm

This is a photo I found of the Hilton from the outside:

Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question 11628110
Back to top Go down
Not A Pain In The Aft
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Not A Pain In The Aft

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 8:52 pm

I've passed this Hilton countless times and often wondered how it would be to stay here. Guess I'm going to find out! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nancy R
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:13 pm

So is Hilton set or are other hotels under consideration? It doesn't really matter, I'm just curious!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:53 pm

I agree with this choice! I was going to stay here last month before my plans changed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:56 pm

Sounds like a great location.

Wait a minute...if it's free....I vote Waldorf Astoria! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:17 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:

Seriously! The Ritz, St. Regis, Four Seasons, The Plaza...any of those would do. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:51 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:

lol! Now you know Tina is going to pick out something really good! And, believe it or not, the Waldorf doesn't live up to the hype.
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:51 pm

crusinmama06 wrote:
NDJollyMon wrote:

Seriously! The Ritz, St. Regis, Four Seasons, The Plaza...any of those would do. Laughing

Now you're talking! lol!
Back to top Go down
bjjost
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bjjost

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:39 am

I'm so excited about this trip, I'd be happy anywhere!! Leave a light on!!!
Back to top Go down
skyking
Royal Caribbean Host
Royal Caribbean Host
skyking

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 1:58 am

Looks nice...Anyone know where the contest winner will stay??? Are we gonna be down the street in stearage:) hehe
Back to top Go down
http://www.crowncitycruises.com

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 9:34 am

Winners get to room with Ron and Me, didn't you know that was part of the prize package?!? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:33 am

closet works for me
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:36 am

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Winners get to room with Ron and Me, didn't you know that was part of the prize package?!? lol!

Nick, we want to ENCOURAGE people to book, not DISCOURAGE them!! lol!

As far as hotels, we will be booking either the Hilton that has been discussed in this thread or the Hyatt Grand Central which is turning into Cruise Freeks official hotel for sailings out of NYC. We should know after the holidays but, it will be one of those two hotels.
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 8:01 pm

Both great choices! You can't go wrong with either hotel!
Back to top Go down
cmgm1126
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 9:11 pm

Just trying to figure our how to park car in Bayonne for when we get off and get to hotel for the 2 nights??? Is there a ferry?
Back to top Go down
cmgm1126
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 9:11 pm

and i still can't get that icon to show up in my signature!!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 12:06 am

cmgm1126 wrote:
and i still can't get that icon to show up in my signature!!

I left directions on the first EOS post you left. I'll PM it to you as well.
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 9:46 am

pete - i'll pm you with my password and you can see it's there but doesn't show up in my post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question   Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Royal Caribbean 2010 Christmas Cruises - Hotel Question
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next