Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heading into Manhattan today.

Go down 
+3
Westchester Cruiser
NDJollyMon
flowers
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Heading into Manhattan today. Empty
PostSubject: Heading into Manhattan today.   Heading into Manhattan today. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 11:56 am

Leanna and I are heading into Manhattan. Going to get some photos of the tree (Rockefeller Center), having brunch (yet to be determined) and then Christmas shopping affraid Will try to get photos up tonight!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heading into Manhattan today.   Heading into Manhattan today. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 12:07 pm

Have fun and take lots of photos of the tree for us!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heading into Manhattan today.   Heading into Manhattan today. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 12:49 pm

Have a good time Nick and Leanna. Who wants to place bets they end up at Bryant Park Grill for brunch? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heading into Manhattan today.   Heading into Manhattan today. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 1:03 pm

Meeting up with Nick and Leanna at 11:45, and yes, we're heading to Bryant Park Grill - speaking of which I better get my butt moving. Talk to you guys later!
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Heading into Manhattan today.   Heading into Manhattan today. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 1:04 pm

Christmas shopping??!! It's too early, but I love to shop, so anytime you can shop and have a good excuse it's a good thing. Enjoy your brunch and shopping trip. Yippee. Sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heading into Manhattan today.   Heading into Manhattan today. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 1:08 pm

Just got the call from Marina, so, now it's the 4 of us meeting for brunch at Bryant Park Grill and shopping. If anyone else wants to join us be at Bryant Park Grill at 11:45 - the reservations are in Nick's name. Hope to see a few more of you there!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Heading into Manhattan today.   Heading into Manhattan today. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 1:30 pm

Have fun, I await pics!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Westchester Cruiser
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Heading into Manhattan today.   Heading into Manhattan today. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 2:11 pm

Darn, if I had known earlier I would have got the train in. Hope you all have a wonderful time!
Back to top Go down
Cruiser Brooke
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruiser Brooke

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Heading into Manhattan today.   Heading into Manhattan today. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 8:57 pm

Hope you all had fun - looking forward to photos!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heading into Manhattan today.   Heading into Manhattan today. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 9:52 pm

I'm back - what a GREAT day, well, ok the weather didn't cooperate, it was cold and windy but, being with Nick, Leanna and Christina made up for it. No one else from Cruise Freeks came but, the four of made for a fun afternoon.

We had brunch at the Bryant Park Grill http://www.arkrestaurants.com/section_home.cfm?section_id=1&location_id=1&restaurant_id=2&sub_section_id=1&menu_type_id=4
The food was good, wait-staff wonderful. It's one of our favorite places to meet and today didn't disappoint.

The Tree - the wind was fierce today and Nick got us a few pictures which he promised to get up tonight or sometime tomorrow. It's still in scaffolding so there isn't much to see yet. We went over to the Top of the Rock to check in with my connection there and, I'll be calling them tomorrow to work out deals for our shopping trips and 4th of July and Christmas for anyone that wants to take advantage of it.

We the proceeded across the street to Saks. Did some Christmas shopping and Christina (FormerlySanFranBayCruiser) used her employee discount so we did very well today - thanks again Christina! And, made arrangements for hotel delivery of packages for our shopping trips so that is now set up with Saks.

After some hard shopping at Saks and other stores we were trying to decide if we wanted afternoon tea or wait and have dinner. We decided to wait a bit and have dinner - so what to do now. We were all tired and it was too far to go to either my place or Christina's place. We ended up at Morrell's http://www.morrellwinebar.com/ - where we had a fantastic bottle of bordeaux (Thank you Nick and Leanna) and then proceeded across the street to have an early dinner at the Rock Center Cafe http://www.patinagroup.com/east/rockCenterCafe/ where we enjoyed a nice meal with a window table where we enjoyed the stakers going by and great conversation.

All I can tell you is that if you're coming in for one of the shopping trips or one of the Cunard cruises and are partaking in the pre-cruise activities - this mini preview we did today is sure to win you over. And, I for one can't wait to be able to share this with everyone and not just my good friends Nick, Leanna and Christina.

Thanks again for a wonderful day guys! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Heading into Manhattan today.   Heading into Manhattan today. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:11 pm

Thanks Marina! I won't be coming to shop, but love all the info you are sharing and hope to use it for next Christmas!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Heading into Manhattan today.   Heading into Manhattan today. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 11:11 pm

Sounds like a fun and productive day!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Heading into Manhattan today.   Heading into Manhattan today. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:42 am

Just a note for those who haven't been to NYC during winter months. Expect it to be cold and, even if there is no wind elsewhere, due to the design of the hi-risers in Manhattan, the wind often comes through the building canyons with gusto. So, be sure to bring along a heavy winter coat, hat and gloves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heading into Manhattan today.   Heading into Manhattan today. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:21 pm

Marina pretty much covered everything. I'll just add that Leanna and I had a great time too but, boy was it COLD! Brrrrr :coldout: I also can't wait until our groups are here for both 4th of July and Christmas - I know you're going to enjoy this wonderful city that I am blessed to call home.
Back to top Go down
VJMorrow
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
VJMorrow

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Heading into Manhattan today.   Heading into Manhattan today. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:42 pm

Does anyone know whether or not the Brooklyn Terminal has a left luggage service? I wouldn't mind leaving my winter gear behind before embarking for the Caribbean. santa
Back to top Go down
Pam M
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Pam M

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Heading into Manhattan today.   Heading into Manhattan today. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:16 pm

bluejay2fly wrote:
Does anyone know whether or not the Brooklyn Terminal has a left luggage service? I wouldn't mind leaving my winter gear behind before embarking for the Caribbean. santa

That's a very good question, I'll make a few calls and find out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heading into Manhattan today.   Heading into Manhattan today. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heading into Manhattan today.
Page 1 of 1