Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
imadream

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural? Empty
PostSubject: Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural?   Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 8:18 pm

I'd love to see an indepth review of this new ship. I've seen some of the travel writer's blogs on the 2 day cruise to nowhere, but I hope a cruise freek member will post a review of the great and not so great.
Thanks,
imadream
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural?   Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 7:52 pm

we'll be doing a 2 night pre-inaugural starting on Monday....
Back to top Go down
babybear
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural?   Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:54 pm

Hi Ivanova,
Please be kind enough to post your comments when you return. I know you have a great short trip on the Solstice.
babybear
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural?   Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 11:20 pm

babybear wrote:
Hi Ivanova,
Please be kind enough to post your comments when you return. I know you have a great short trip on the Solstice.
babybear

Hi, BabyBear
I just spent some wonderful time with Susan on the waterfront Riverwalk of the Hyatt in Miami where we are both waiting for the big chance to sail on the Solstice. I'm jealous because she gets to go on two days before I do... I will board as she is getting off! It was nice meeting you Susan! Susan will write the reviews and take all the photos!! Right, Sharon...I mean Susan :photos:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural?   Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 8:33 am

[quote="Friendly Cruises"]
babybear wrote:
Right, Sharon...I mean Susan :photos:

Smarty-pants!! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural?   Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 6:02 pm

Hi, all! What fun, visited the Holland America Westerdam today and Susan and I ate lunch together on board! I'm beginning to like "Traveling with the CruiseFreek" folks. It is fun getting to know others that post on the site. WE WILL BE TRAVELING TOGETHER AGAIN, SUSAN, IN JULY ON THE CUNARD QMII... "let's do lunch there, Susan!" :eat:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural?   Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 6:22 pm

I cannot wait for the QM2 in July ... or December ... or the Oasis in December ... it'll be a Cruise Freek year in 2009!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural?   Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 7:28 pm

Hi Susan and Lonalee,
I hope you have a wonderful time on the Solstice and take plenty of notes and pictures of this new ship. I'm especially interested in any new treatments in the spa, and reviews of the shows. Take care and bon voyage,
kk99
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural?   Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 1:54 am

Hi, KK99 I will try out the spa while I am on if they are open... I do need a pedicure...

Susan ,do you have any prizes galore tickets? Idea See you in Key West, maybe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural?   Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:28 am

Lona,

If you can come by my hotel room (1232) I can give you the prize galore tickets - we'll be here until 10:30am.
Back to top Go down
imadream

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural?   Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 7:13 pm

Hi, Did you enjoy the preinaugural cruise? I'd love to hear your opinions about the ship. We have sailed on several Celebrtiy ships, and are thinking about trying this class out. How does it compare to the Millenium class ships? Thanks in advance for answering,
imadream
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural?   Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:37 am

What a beautiful Ship! All white and clean and "growing grass". Yes, it is real grass on the top deck where we saw people putting on the green, playing crochett and lawn bowling. The Solstice carries about 800 more people then the Millenium class ships and I think it is layed out nicely. Our cabin was on the Continental deck 4th deck from the bottom mid ship and was easy to get to elevators. Below us were three public decks which held the three level theatre that had wonderful entertainment (Cirques Ole' sorry spelling is wrong) the two nights we were on. These three decks were the main restaurant and specialty restaurant decks also. Several upscale boutiques on board.

Unique and lovely were the Aqua Spa rooms which were 194 sq ft standard for the veranda cabins but dining is assigned everynight in the specialty "Blu". restaurant. And the Aqua Spa Solarium pool area was relaxation plus! Celebrity's spa facility has always seemed best at sea and on this ship was excellent as well. Definately reserve spa early to avoid disappointment of not getting in.

Favorite places I found were the Cafe Al Baco Gelateria serving the best coffees and another refreshing restaurant was the Bistro on Five which served crepes and more. It seemed there were a lot of specialty places which have fees attached but looked great... Silk Harvest (Asian), Tuscan Grill (Italian) and Murano's (French I think).

Definately it took two full days to get aquainted briefly with the ship and I needed much more time. The room and bed were very comfortable, spacious bathroom, with a small closet with lots of drawer space. Internet was great on board and highspeed in the room was wonderful!

I do hope you can join the CruiseFreek Group Feb 14, 2010 as we sail to the Eastern Caribbean! It will be a wonderful way to spend Valentines day and Presidents Day week!

I would love to hear Ivanova (Susan's) comments on the ship as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural?   Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:28 am

I can't wait to get on this ship!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural?   Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:32 am

LOL. After looking at some of the pics of Solstice, I was shocked to see that they used a lot of the same glass tiles in their stateroom bathrooms as we used in our kitchen and baths, and we have a lot of the chairs they used in some of their lounges too. This is the ship for me!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural?   Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:56 am

WELL, you can just sit in your bathroom and think you are on the ship! YOU HAVE GOOD TASTE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural?   Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 3:05 am

Friendly Cruises wrote:
WELL, you can just sit in your bathroom and think you are on the ship! YOU HAVE GOOD TASTE

Thanks for the compliment. I think I'll go in there now and pretend/wish. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural?   Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is anyone cruising the Solstice inaugural?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Celebrity-
Jump to: