Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To get you in the Holiday Spirit

Go down 
+14
Queen of the Seas
Former Cruise Critic
Boca Brats
Krazy 4 Kruises
Gerri
NDJollyMon
Kenny
Tommy Bahamas
HMS AnyShip
flowers
Andy The Sailor Man
Peter M
Down The Shore Guy
Admin
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenny
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Kenny

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-24

To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 6:33 pm

Great HolidayTree photos! Maybe cruising from NYC during the holidays isn't such a bad idea after all! It looks very fun and festive!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 7:31 pm

Yea...NYC looks like a cool place to see around Christmas time! I've only seen it on TV.
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 7:49 pm

It's a wonderful time to be in NYC for sure!
Back to top Go down
Gerri
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Gerri

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:00 pm

I have to admit, I'm jealous of those of you getting to go. I didn't think sailing from NYC during the winter would be all that appealing but, I'm rapidly changing my mind. Christmas would be great!
Back to top Go down
Krazy 4 Kruises
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 11:32 am

I thought when it was announced that both 2009 and 2010 Christmas sailing would be taking place from NYC, I thought you all were crazy for even considering it. Now that I see what I'm missing, I am very jealous I didn't enter the contests and, am now giving 2010 on Royal Caribbean from NJ very heavy consideration - provided the NYC pre-cruise package is included again.
Back to top Go down
Boca Brats
Charter Member
Charter Member
Boca Brats

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 11:44 am

The photos are incredible thank you for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Former Cruise Critic
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Former Cruise Critic

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:28 pm

Any more photos? I'm really enjoying seeing NYC all dressed up for the holidays!
Back to top Go down
Queen of the Seas
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Queen of the Seas

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:10 pm

Thank you! I really enjoyed looking at your photos, if you have more, I'd love to see them!
Back to top Go down
English Todd
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
English Todd

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 7:16 pm

Wonderful photos! I'd love to see more if you or anyone else has them! You're getting me into the Holiday spirit!
Back to top Go down
BB
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
BB

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-09-25

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 8:28 pm

Even though I live just outside of Philly, I've never been to NYC during the holidays - it looks amazing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 9:07 pm

See! Tina knew what she was doing when she organized a pre-cruise package in Manhattan! We have a great city here and it would be a shame to go straight to Brooklyn without seeing it, don't you agree?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 10:54 am

More photos huh? No problem!

This is inside Rockefeller Center during the holidays - hallways decorated with Poinsettia trees

To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 15341211
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 10:57 am

Grand Central (Main Concourse)

To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 15338810
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:00 am

Greeley Square Park in Herald Square (right by Macy's)

To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 15340711
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:02 am

Bryant Park Ice Rink located behind the Public Library and just a couple of blocks from the hotel (easy walking distance for most)
To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 15326910
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:05 am

This is Lord and Taylor department store located at 5th and 39th (again walkable for most from the hotel)

To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 15340712
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:08 am

This is a Christmas tree decorated with Origami in the Natural History Museum

To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 15340810
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:10 am

A dinosaur holiday display outside of the Natural History Museum

To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 15340811
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:13 am

Columbus Circle Holiday Market

To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 15340812
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:15 am

Giant Ornaments on 6th Avenue across from Radio City Music Hall

To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 15340910
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:17 am

This is Rockefeller Center Ice Rink again - as you can see it's not big

To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 15341212
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:19 am

This is inside FAO Schwarz toy store - it's much bigger than it appears in this photo - in fact there are several floors. If you look in the back of the photo you can see they have a soda fountain in the store.

To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 15341213
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:20 am

This is Lincoln Center all light up at night

To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 15341310
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:23 am

Well since I'm starting to repeat locations, I guess I'm out of new things to show you but, hopefully this gives you an overview of what to expect. It just has to be seen and experienced - photos are nice but being here in person is the only way to know how special the city is during the holidays.
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 7:54 pm

Ya done good Nick! Wink Thanks for posting them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To get you in the Holiday Spirit   To get you in the Holiday Spirit - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To get you in the Holiday Spirit
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next