Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel???

Go down 
+2
Dr Donna
JJ2sail
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel??? Empty
PostSubject: Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel???   Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel??? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:21 am

(forgive me if this comes across harsh; I really tried not to be harsh, but this is urgent)

We need to re-assess whether or not we are going to continue forward with this group. We understand that it is 2 years away and some people simply aren’t programmed to make commitments that far in advance. And others are concerned about the economy. But deposits are fully refundable and I am also waiving cancellation penalties, so that there are no penalties for booking now and cancelling later (i.e. if you cannot get your vacation time approved until 2010). We’ve even gone so far as to offer to waive the event fee for the onboard celebrity group events (well, CF will pay it more than it’ll be waived) for anyone depositing by this Thursday, Oct 30th. There has been a lot of intereste expressed about this cruise, but when it comes down to brass tacks, no one has put money on the cruise.

We have already had the bulk deposit deadline extended by RCCL, but they will not do it again. If we lose this space, we lose the group period (many of these rooms categories are already closed to group inventory for this sailing – Halloween is a popular cruise time).

If you are planning to go on this cruise, I really need bookings and deposits by Thursday, October 30th in order to meet the bulk deposit deadline with RCCL. If we do not get any money on the group by Thursday we will need to seriously consider cancelling the group. If we get enough interest (with credit cards for deposit commitments) we might reconsider next Spring when we can block group space on a different ship (when those itineraries become available to book).

Tina had graciously offered to MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE on the bulk deposit if we were short a bit. But she cannot (and neither can I) afford to pay the full $2,500 bulk deposit in hopes that people will book by the first recall date (January).

You do not need to post here if you do not want to, but if not by posting here then email me. Either way, please let me know if you will be booking this cruise, and what is holding you back from doing so (is there anything we can do to help?).

Thank you!!!!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel???   Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel??? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 2:39 pm

I have questions about this cruise, I've sent an email.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel???   Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel??? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 3:17 pm

Jen - got your email and just sent you a reply. Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel???   Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel??? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 5:21 pm

Okay, I sent my booking in!

Come on everyone!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel???   Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel??? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 5:53 pm

FYI - I'll be out of the office for about an hour - I have to get to the bank before they close. Wink So if you get my voice mail, don't panic! I'll be back, I promise.
Back to top Go down
Dr Donna
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel???   Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel??? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 7:27 pm

I'm assuming you need to a be registered member of Cruise Freeks to take advantage of the offer, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel???   Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel??? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:00 pm

good question - don't know - I just shot an email to Tna to have her clarify
Back to top Go down
Love2Hula
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Love2Hula

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel???   Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel??? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:50 pm

JJ2sail wrote:

Come on everyone!

Jen - do I finally get to meet you? I am going to book! Who would have thunk it? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel???   Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel??? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:01 am

Dr Donna wrote:
I'm assuming you need to a be registered member of Cruise Freeks to take advantage of the offer, right?
tina sent out an email clarifying that the free cruise offer applies only to CF members.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel???   Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel??? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:12 am

Love2Hula wrote:
JJ2sail wrote:

Come on everyone!

Jen - do I finally get to meet you? I am going to book! Who would have thunk it? Smile

Absolutely, I am really looking forward to it! cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel???   Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel??? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:57 am

Thanks to everyone who has booked our Halloween 2010 cruise - we're excited you decided to take advantage of this opportunity and we're going to do our best to make sure you have a wonderful, fun-filled time!
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Da Bronx Bombers Fan

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel???   Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel??? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 12:08 pm

Cool glad the group got saved!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel???   Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel??? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 7:56 pm

Oh darn.........missed out on this............I was on the Sovereign this week and just got home.....
Back to top Go down
Wildewoman
Host
Host
Wildewoman

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel???   Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel??? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 8:05 pm

I take it we saved the day . . . .& the cruise then??
Linda
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildetravel.com

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel???   Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel??? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 8:26 pm

Linda,

You are correct!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel???   Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halloween 2010 charity cruise - do we need to cancel???
Page 1 of 1