Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Congratulations Christmas Winners

Go down 
+19
Down The Shore Guy
Murphy
cruiseforme
BB
flowers
Admin
VJMorrow
Leanna N
English Todd
Rita NYC
Iceman
TV Guy
Giovani
JJ2sail
AmbianceTraveler
Hopeful Henry
Archie
NDJollyMon
Da Bronx Bombers Fan
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:24 pm

I see that I am one of the winners for the QM2 2009 Christmas Cruise.I just can't believe it because I have never won any prize like this before.I am excited about this.I did e-mail TRinaldi that I accept the prize of the QM2 2009 Christmas Cruise. Regards,Jerry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:41 pm

Congratulations and welcome to the group!
Back to top Go down
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:54 pm

Thanks, Derek. Regards,Jerry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:40 pm

Ginny - trivia works for me!!!! That's the one thing I never miss on a cruise. And I have never attended the belly flop or hairy legs contests...so no problem there. Very Happy

Tina - It's at Grand Central Station? This keeps getting better and better. I have always wanted to see that area. Guess that's why they call it the Hyatt Grand geek , Duh me. I swear my brain hasn't worked right since I got the email. I have been screaming off the rooftops ever since.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:41 pm

crusinmama06 wrote:
Ginny - trivia works for me!!!! That's the one thing I never miss on a cruise. And I have never attended the belly flop or hairy legs contests...so no problem there. Very Happy

Tina - It's at Grand Central Station? This keeps getting better and better. I have always wanted to see that area. Guess that's why they call it the Hyatt Grand geek , Duh me. I swear my brain hasn't worked right since I got the email. I have been screaming off the rooftops ever since.

Michele - yes, the hotel is literally right there at Grand Central Station Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:50 pm

On Island Princess...
We went to the MEN VS WOMEN competition...which was basically trivia. Each of the teams selected a question for the other. On day one, the men were struggling with a question...and I knew the answer. They were so immpressed, they immediately voted me in as Captain. We ended up winning the battle by the end of the cruise. I thought it was funny...because all the men were 10-20 years my senior.

PS....I also took 2nd place in PRINCESS SURVIVOR. (I got robbed of the title in the end) It was a series of competitions...many which were....crazy. Sometimes....these crazy contests are fun. Sometimes....not so much. I'm looking forward to QM2...because it should be different.
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:53 pm

Michele, I see you're from Penn State country - are you going to be driving in or AMTRAK - I'm not sure there are flights from there to here, it's so close. I'm just being nosey pinocchio
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:58 pm

Curvy Gal Cruises wrote:
Michele, I see you're from Penn State country - are you going to be driving in or AMTRAK - I'm not sure there are flights from there to here, it's so close. I'm just being nosey pinocchio

Probably flying or amtrak. I won't drive because I can't trust the winter weather. I am 6 hours from NYC in good weather.

The airport at Penn State is about 20 minutes from me. I can fly out of Baltimore, Penn State University Park or Pittsburgh. We also have a train station in our town. Any of those would be better than driving 6 hours with the kids in winter. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:58 pm

I wish there were an easy way to take AMTRAK from Nashville.... That would be nice to do at least for the July cruise. For Christmas I'll have to hustle my behind from FLL on Dec 19 after getting off the Oasis inaugural, so train for that one. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 2:04 pm

Susan, no AMTRAK from Nashville to NYC? I thought that would be a fairly popular route!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 2:10 pm

unfortunately not - the only 2 AMTRAK stations in TN are in Memphis (3 hours west of here) and in Newbern, TN (just north of Memphis). Go figure.
Back to top Go down
VJMorrow
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
VJMorrow

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 2:11 pm

Admin wrote:
lol! Yes, I didn't realize you had it so rough living on an estate! Wink

I should tell everyone that Patrick and I go back to the stone ages of the early 1980s where we meet working in a hotel one summer in Spring Lake, NJ. I lived in the neighboring town of Sea Girt at the time and Patrick came over to work at the hotel - and we kept in touch ever since.

I was born in Monmouth County and when my parents split up I spent summers with my Dad in Belmar which is just north of Spring Lake and Sea Girt. Small world!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 7:24 pm

bluejay2fly wrote:
Admin wrote:

I should tell everyone that Patrick and I go back to the stone ages of the early 1980s where we meet working in a hotel one summer in Spring Lake, NJ. I lived in the neighboring town of Sea Girt at the time and Patrick came over to work at the hotel - and we kept in touch ever since.

I was born in Monmouth County and when my parents split up I spent summers with my Dad in Belmar which is just north of Spring Lake and Sea Girt. Small world!

Wow very small world!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 11:35 pm

Try coming from Branson, Mo...we can't get anywhere from here ...easily that is! Well, maybe Vegas or Orlando on Allegiant Air...otherwise it's sm planes to Dfw or ORD......NWA is a HORRIBLE airline out of here......so we usually avoid that one like the plaque! New airport should be open soon I think and rumor has it that SWA will be there........Hopefully!

and no Amtrak near at all......oh well, guess living in a 'bubble' has some downfalls but a whole lot of perks!!!

jul
Back to top Go down
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 12:07 am

CONGRATS everyone!! and way to go Jerry DocDance
Betsy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 10:47 am

bluejay2fly wrote:
Admin wrote:

To add to the coincidence factor, my wife's parents have a weekend house in Spring Lake. Now if you know these towns, you know how small they are in size and it's amazing we didn't meet each other prior to Tina becoming our travel agent about 10 years ago. They say everything happens for a reason, things like this just make me think it's true...
Back to top Go down
VJMorrow
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
VJMorrow

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:00 am

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
bluejay2fly wrote:
Admin wrote:

To add to the coincidence factor, my wife's parents have a weekend house in Spring Lake. Now if you know these towns, you know how small they are in size and it's amazing we didn't meet each other prior to Tina becoming our travel agent about 10 years ago. They say everything happens for a reason, things like this just make me think it's true...

Oh I am sure we have been in the same place at the same time before....whether at Pete & Elda's Pizza in Neptune or the Monmouth Mall in Ocean Township or the Flea Market in Freehold. We just didn't know we each other was there!
Back to top Go down
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 12:15 pm

534 wrote:
CONGRATS everyone!! and way to go Jerry DocDance
Betsy
Thanks,Betsy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 1:19 pm

I also love playing trivia. Though I always bring along my secret weapon, my husband Don. He knows more trivia than anyone else I know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 2:23 pm

bluejay2fly wrote:
Nick Needs To Know wrote:
bluejay2fly wrote:
Admin wrote:

Oh I am sure we have been in the same place at the same time before....whether at Pete & Elda's Pizza in Neptune or the Monmouth Mall in Ocean Township or the Flea Market in Freehold. We just didn't know we each other was there!

Strange how things work out, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Down The Shore Guy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Down The Shore Guy

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 7:56 pm

Well I'm chiming in as another Spring Laker here! Razz Ginny does my avatar look familiar? It's the boardwalk at the North End of Spring Lake.
Back to top Go down
VJMorrow
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
VJMorrow

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:04 pm

Down The Shore Guy wrote:
Well I'm chiming in as another Spring Laker here! Razz Ginny does my avatar look familiar? It's the boardwalk at the North End of Spring Lake.

I thought it did! When I saw your location as Jersey Shore then looked at your avatar I was trying to figure out exactly where you were!

Can anyone tell me if there was ever any progress made to revitalize Asbury Park? I spent a lot of time there as a child and would like to go back some time if it has been redone.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 10:43 am

Ginny - Patrick (PaddyGoesCruising) and I worked at the Essex & Sussex in Spring Lake for two summers together. I'd love to sit around and talk with all our NJ Shore members when we sail. I had several class members at Manasquan High School from Belmar, so, I'm sure there are one or two people we might both know (I'm only two years older than you). Wink Amazing how truly small our world is...
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 5:21 pm

Yes it is a small world after all....
Back to top Go down
NYC PD
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
NYC PD

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 5:41 pm

Hi everyone! Congratulations to the winners! I'm Vic, I don't get on here as often as I'd like, I'm so happy to see we have others joining us for this sailing. Welcome to all Welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kingofqueens71
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Christmas Winners   Congratulations Christmas Winners - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Christmas Winners
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next