Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+10
cruisenfever
GrmyCRS
critterchick
frudutx
jillybabes
misseddie
Exairgoddess1
JJ2sail
cruiseforme
Murphy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 1:38 pm

Morning everyone...............it's cold here but we certainly didn't get the snow in our neighborhood as some of our friends east of us did.

Welcome home again to everyone returning................Bon Voyage to everyone leaving. Think I've covered all my bases.

Have a wonderful day.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:05 pm

Well, we had a great time on Vision. I had a private cry on Saturday night when I staggered off to bed.

Our original tablemates blew us off - the CC poster said that they hadn't been assigned to our table and that her sister had been put on main instead of late seating, which they preferred. Well, we get to the table (which was even the table NUMBER that we requested, so I know they got all the information), and the waiter was expecting them. Sheesh, at least tell the truth, wouldja? So we were four women dining alone on the first night (two English widows who were very nice), and then convinced another CC couple to move to late. Talk about good karma!

I tried all of the Indian vegetarian offerings as side dishes. They were fantastic. Our waiter (Indian) even brought out the Indian sous-chef to meet me. I think he was tickled pink.

Of course we had too much fun, mainly in the Schooner Bar, which is now non-smoking. We had some nice get togethers with Mar, Bob and their friends, trading balconies for the venues. Our tablemates are in town until tomorrow, so we had them over for dinner last night. We were all nodding off in our ice cream!

So today it's back to the diet grind. All 3 lost pounds plus one were re-discovered, even though I hit the gym daily. I'm hoping that a little of that is salt-related. Probably more like cocktail-related, though. drunken
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:11 pm

Welcome home Jean, Mar, Diane and Jill!

Kathy, you may want to look at the Spark People website, it's free, and you can pick menu's for weight loss or just healthy eating, and it will print you out a grocery list and recipes.

I tried the Safeway 2 hour turkey recipe yesterday, and thought it was awful! It was the worst turkey I've ever made. In fact I've never made a bad turkey until yesterday! Evil or Very Mad

Jul, enjoy your day off!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 4:07 pm

Well..........got everything finally wrapped and ready to put under trees...Now onto the cleaning......at least I can finally SEE the guest bed! With 5 coming next week I need all the beds cleared I can get!

Jean........yup those cocktails will get ya! Doesn't seem fair does it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 4:44 pm

Good Afternoon and welcome back to Kathy, Jill Diane Mar and Bob and Jean. Great to hear some of the stories. I'd love to be jumping in either Nancy or Barb's suitcase. Have to wait 'til Feb 1st.

It's freezing cold here today. I can't get warm. Time to break out the afghan.

I am knitting like crazy (When I'm not on here Laughing ) I had forgotten that I promised to knit eyelash scarves for the church Craft Fair. Yesterday the lady asked me how they were coming as the Fair is on Dec 6th. affraid I didn't have the heart to tell her I hadn't even started. HolySheep Last night I found enough yarn to get started and ripped through the first one. I wonder how many I can get done before Dec 6th?

Hope all the left coasters are safe from the fires.

Got a nice price drop on one of our Rhapsody's for 2010 already. Nancy keep checking.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:35 pm

Good Afternoon--sounds like the cruises were great.

Kathy--we always thought the line up of crew to greet you when you stepped onboard was very nice. It has been awhile since we did Celebrity.

Sheila--just checked the price for Rhapsody, nothing yet. Tell me what an "etelash scarf" is, have not heard that term.

Later--
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:08 pm

With you Nancy, never heard of an eyelash scarf

Well the Joint is among us...the killer is they will be back soon as we are combining with another facility for one provider number, so they will be back again...soon pale

But my calendar is cleared, so the difficult meetings have went poof.... cheers score

Kathy, tell him to take the Lipitor, get it down & then try to come off. The bad thing is most cholesterol problems are family related and very hard to manage without medications...just have them watch the liver enzymes...
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:32 pm

PH8 wrote:

That recipe looks yummy Barb...........I cant make it now cuz while I was away Dennis got news from the doc,his cholesterol is WAY HIGH.........told him he is a prime candidate for a heart attack...........so I am gonna make sure I take better care of him and his eating habits................been researching good foods and will go shopping this am for him.........they want him to go on Lipitor,but he wants to try it naturally first............anyone have any input for me?? (with all your medical experts out there)

Back later on..............
I am on Lipitor and it has really helped me...........though I do watch. My doctor gave me a 30 day prescription for 80mg Lipitor. I cut each tablet in half and take half on Monday and half on Thursday after dinner. It's not cheap............but since a 30 day supply actually turns into a 30 week supply...........it's not bad. I have no adverse side effects.

Jim used to be on Lipitor daily (10 mg, I think) and after about 2 months developed severe aches and pains. He took himself off and after about a week or so felt better. That's one of the side effects of Lipitor..........muscle/joint pain, aches and just and all over bad feeling. It can also affect your liver.

I go to my doctor twice a year and before each visit I have blood work done..........that includes the liver. So far............my liver is great and functioning as it should and I have been on Lipitor for two years.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:51 pm

Evening all!

Yes, Kathy the staff greeting is great, although depending on what time you board and how busy they are my most recent experience hasn't including walking you to the cabin with your carryon, but it was cool the couple of times it happened!

Welcome home everyone who is just back and bon voyage to those of you leaving later this week. Way back when, I was "supposed" to be on the Mariner this week with CKROBYN and SHAR47, but the US side of our girls group decided they wanted to sail in Feb instead. I wish I could do BOTH sailings! Very Happy

Patti, thanks for the update on the Lipitor side effects. I didn't know about the aches and pains! My Dad has been recovering from his hepatitis C this year (which was very painful for him) and recently went on Lipitor and started complaining of pain again. I'll for sure have him talk to the Dr about that! He did say he was gaining weight even when he was trying to lose. You don't know if that is a side effect too do you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:20 pm

Thanks for all the advice.............We had heard about the muscle pain..........I priced out Lipitor today,just to see.... affraid $120 in Walmart!! Think we'll need heart meds for Dennis when he hears that...........he really wants to try doing it without the meds to begin...........we're supposed to go talk to the nurse tomorrow and she'll give him samples.........bought "good foods" today.........

Glad you had a good time Jean........another adios cruise,huh?? No

Yea,I'd like to know what an eyelash scarf is too,Sheila?? Thats new to me.....

Getting really cold here.....54 now going down to the 40s.......next two nights will be below freezing.........time to cover up the plants.........
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:21 pm

Murphy wrote:

Patti, thanks for the update on the Lipitor side effects. I didn't know about the aches and pains! My Dad has been recovering from his hepatitis C this year (which was very painful for him) and recently went on Lipitor and started complaining of pain again. I'll for sure have him talk to the Dr about that! He did say he was gaining weight even when he was trying to lose. You don't know if that is a side effect too do you?
Susan, I really don't know if weight gain is a side effect of Lipitor, but I do not think it is.

I happened to be watching TV one night and they had an advertisement on for Lipitor and, of course, gave the side effects. I told Jim what I had heard and everything he was complaining about fit the TV ad.

So, he took himself off and started feeling better in about a week. When he went back to the doctor he told him that he had taken himself off and why and the doctor blew a gasket.........told Jim that he was the doctor and you do as I say.

Jim told him................I live in this body, you don't.............end of Lipitor.

I would have your dad mention it to his doctor................it very well could be the reason he has pain.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:24 pm

Kathy--you might think about Dennis asking about the generic alternative to Lipitor, one of the statins. Walmart and Target both offer those at $4 a month. Just another idea--
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:03 pm

WELCOME BACK CRUISERS.... Glad you had great times.

BON VOYAGE TO THOSE OF YOU GETTING READY TO SAIL AWAY. Hard to keep up with who's going where and when (even with Kathy's wonderful list).

Was 80 degrees here today...cooling off to 79 tomorrow.

Don't think I'll go see my doctor...she'll probably find all kinds of things wrong and order tons of medications What a Face

Glad this day is over...lunacy!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:40 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:
Kathy--you might think about Dennis asking about the generic alternative to Lipitor, one of the statins. Walmart and Target both offer those at $4 a month. Just another idea--

I asked them if there was a generic and they said no.................I then asked why dont I ever get any of those $4 meds...... Evil or Very Mad I did buy a product OTR for lowering cholesterol.......has statins in it.........whatever that is,I know its good for ya...hahah

patti-i also mentioned to dennis about splitting the pill up...........its the same price for 20mg....40 mg and 80 mg(all 126.62).......

He really doesnt want to take a rx.........

wish it ws 80 here........
Just finished labeling my pics...........that took awhile........someone I spoke to took over 1300 pics............holy cow...thats alright............
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:45 pm

PH8 wrote:
nancyk2sea wrote:

I asked them if there was a generic and they said no.................I then asked why dont I ever get any of those $4 meds...... Evil or Very Mad I did buy a product OTR for lowering cholesterol.......has statins in it.........whatever that is,I know its good for ya...hahah

patti-i also mentioned to dennis about splitting the pill up...........its the same price for 20mg....40 mg and 80 mg(all 126.62).......

He really doesnt want to take a rx.........

wish it ws 80 here........
Just finished labeling my pics...........that took awhile........someone I spoke to took over 1300 pics............holy cow...thats alright............
Dennis sounds just like Jim..................he hates taking medication. Being a chemist he is all too familiar with what goes into different medications...........that's the problem.

That's about what I pay............but when I figure it's for 30 weeks.............so it isn't bad.

Fortunately I can get my synthroid in generic and it costs me $10.00 for a 90 day supply.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:46 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:
WELCOME BACK CRUISERS.... Glad you had great times.

BON VOYAGE TO THOSE OF YOU GETTING READY TO SAIL AWAY. Hard to keep up with who's going where and when (even with Kathy's wonderful list).

Was 80 degrees here today...cooling off to 79 tomorrow.

Don't think I'll go see my doctor...she'll probably find all kinds of things wrong and order tons of medications What a Face

Glad this day is over...lunacy!!!!
Sounds like you need some of that bubbly that we were sharing last night! Laughing
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 2:02 pm

Good afternoon everyone................this has got to be a first. I'm the first post of the day!!

Didn't get the snow that they predicted...........it all went to our dear friends east and south of us. But, out time will come............eventually. Front deck and driveway were quite slippery when I went out for the newspapers this morning.

Haven't heard from Mar......hope everything is OK with them.

Have a wonderful day..............will check back later.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 2:29 pm

Gmorning.....

Kathy must be sleeping in!!!

Patti....I saw Mar online yday I think it was so I hope that means all is ok....I have a feeling she's just swamped this time of year!

I know I'm always thinking of things to post and then don't get a chance to get on......then of course when I finally get on I've forgotten what I was going to say!!!!

j
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 2:57 pm

Still Morning here! I guess you guys are eating lunch when I'm eating breakfast!

Nothing new around here, nice and sunny out, but we really need it to rain!
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 3:04 pm

We could use some rain, too, if only to wash away the lingering crud in the air from the fires.

I'm now trying to get organized to go to Connecticut on Thursday. I'll just repack my small bag with the clothes that just came out of the dryer. Guess I'd better check the weather forecast to see what other warm clothes I need to pack, too.

I also need to order my Thanksgiving supplies, since we're hosting this year. I can't wait to get past that and start packing for the Panama Canal cruise!

Question for you all: what to do in Aruba? We don't arrive until 10:00, and all of the commercial indpendent catamaran/sailing excursions seem to leave at 9:30, so we can't do that. And we leave at 5:00, so the afternoon ones are out, too. I'm not one for riding around on a tour, nor am I a shopper. And Don doesn't want to go to the beach because he'll burn alive.

One thing I don't like about Azamara (so far, anyway Rolling Eyes ) is how expensive many of their shore excursions are - in some instances they're the same as RCI's but with a premium, presumably because if we can afford to sail we can afford to be ripped off onshore. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 7:28 pm

Yeah..... day 2 complete....Spent the day with JCAHO...8:30 to 3:30 PM....except 1 hour for lunch....

I feel we have been picked apart with fine tweesers...painful.

Juls how are the babies? Shelia your new one?

Tis cold in Dixie today.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 7:33 pm

Hello all, it is cold here, 12 this am but at least no snow.

Barb, sounds like you are just flying through this week, nothing like your activities at work to make time go fast.

Have a good eve--
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 7:37 pm

I though it was cold here...brrrrr Nancy
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 7:44 pm

I just put on some minestrone soup in the crock pot. It's a little warm here for it here, but I saw the recipe in BH&G and it looked fabulous. We'll see how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 8:21 pm

I think, I am making turkey chili tonight. Jim's been working late, doing trainings, so it will be easy to keep warm for him.

Jean, you are going to Connecticut before Thanksgiving? Then coming home to cook on TG??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next