Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 11:34 pm

cruiseforme wrote:

Im soooooo MAAADDDDD.........I went to Wmart after I got home to get the white led lights for the tree....and DAM* if I didn't get 3 white and ONE green......so now I can't finish the dang tree..........IRRITATED
j

I hate when that happens! Brought home one red set last year!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 11:20 am

Happy Sunday! Cold and snow flurries here today! Guess I'll stay inside!

Jul and Jen, you've got mail...
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 12:12 pm

Morning everyone!

Thanks for the email Susan!

I am supposed to be cooking a Turkey dinner today, but my heel is killing me again today, after house cleaning yesterday. I think, I need to go look for night splints, and orthotics, if that doesn't work, then it's to the Dr's for a cortisone shot. Ugh!

We did manage to go get our flu shots yesterday, though. Glad we got that out of the way.

Have a good Sunday!
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 12:24 pm

Good morning, sorry to hear you are hurting, Jen. It is not fun when it hurst to get around.

Chilly here but at least the sun is out. We are headed to DD for a brunch for grandson's 9th birthday. We have not been here for a couple of years to celebrate so looking forward to it today.

Waiting to hear how the Solstice trip went for Kathy.

Later--
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 12:48 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:

Waiting to hear how the Solstice trip went for Kathy.

Later--

Me too! Off to the gym for a few laps and stretches...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 3:33 pm

Just back from church and lunch and waiting for Daddy to come pick up the kiddos. We have a dinner to attend tonight so maybe I'll have a few minutes to veg later this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 3:40 pm

Morning all

Jen.........sounds like heel spur! Been there done that....LOVE the cortisone shot...makes the pain go away instantly!! (I read that wearing shoes similar to cowboy boots helps immensely cuz it keeps the weight on the ball of foot not the heel)

Wish I had somewhere to go do laps....that would feel good daily!...maybe dh will put an indoor pool in for me... roflmao ...Oh yea, that would be when hell freezes over!!

have a good day..........gotta finish up working and get outta here....I had set 1pm as my goal

j
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 3:50 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Missed church this morning as I didn't sleep well last night and chose to sleep in. Not smelling the smoke or getting the ash here in my area since the winds are blowing toward the ocean. The the news coverage of the fires and destruction is so sad. Even the area where Jean lived was affected although I have no idea where it was in relation to her home. The the old Marine Aquarium had a fire, but again it was blowing out to the ocean rather then towards homes.

Have a baby shower to attend this afternoon.

Jen sorry that your heel is painful. Used to have planter (something) and when I was able to work with the trainer it seemed to get better. The doctor refused to give me anymore shots as she told me four were the limit. I haven't had a serious problem with it for a very long time. Hope you get relief soon.

Welcome home Jean and Kathy.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:09 pm

Jul I am so happy now that the new health club opened and I can swim again! Ray and I have even talked about enclosing our pool... but not cost effective.

Ginny I saw the news this morning of the fires. They look simply awful!

Where's Kathy??? I want the Solstice update!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 7:43 pm

I wonder why it is when we reach this age we tend to have the house we wish we could have had 20-30 years ago????.......Maaaaan, I can remember the day when decorating for Cmas I would have LOVED having a mantle ....NOW I have TWO to decorate....wahhhhh I'm tired of Cmas deco already and I'm not even done yet!!

Guess I'll have to have some sort of Cmas party....WANNA COME?????

Susan......our town built this awesome Recplex just down the road from us but didn't do an indoor pool...DUMB....they should have at least put an indoor swim lap pool in and not made the outdoor such a glamourous water park....oh well....maybe some day!

Back to cleaning up.......I seriously NEED a cleaning lady....

j
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 7:50 pm

Home again.........had a really nice time and the ship is amazing....she beautiful..Celebrity is really a notch above RCCL and I would definetly book this class ship.........only downside was lack of closet space plus the whole cabin setup could had been better.......when I sat down on my bed,my knees could touch the other bed.....not much space inbetween.......

I know the Celebrity folks are planning some changes for Equinox because of "critiques" from some folk.........

I enjoyed the food and we ate in the Italian speciality restaurant last night.......I am still full.............my fav bars were the sunset bar(top deck next to the Lawn club) and the Martini Ice Bar.......

Yes, I'd go back..........just sign me up.......

Really tired so not spending too much time on here.........back in the am to play catch up.......
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 7:51 pm

Been a busy bee today....I am packed....whoohooo...now just gota know out these next 5 days work.

Cooked Chicken Spinach Alfredo Lasagna today...sooooo good...is an Emeril recipe

Now to rest
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 8:17 pm

Barb........PLS share the recipe! Sounds AWESOME

j
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 8:33 pm

Quote :
Chicken Spinach Alfredo Lasagna

Ingredients

* 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
* 1 pound button mushrooms, thinly sliced
* 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
* 3 tablespoons minced garlic
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 7 cups milk
* 2 teaspoons kosher salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
* 1 pound spinach, stemmed, washed, blanched and roughly chopped
* 3 cups grated Parmesan
* 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for coating casserole dish
* 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
* 1 tablespoon Essence, recipe follows
* 1 pound oven-ready lasagna sheets
* 1 tablespoon butter, cut into 8 pieces

Directions

Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often until the mushrooms are browned and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the onions and garlic to the pan and saute until soft and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, to make a light roux, about 2 minutes. Whisking constantly, slowly add the milk and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until thickened, 5 minutes. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, pepper, nutmeg, spinach and 1 1/2 cups of the Parmesan and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the bechamel sauce until ready to assemble the lasagna.

Set a large, 12-inch saute pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Season the chicken with the Essence and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt and place in the hot pan. Sear the chicken, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool and set aside. When cool, cut into bite size pieces.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Coat a 9 by 13 by 3-inch casserole with olive oil, and spread about 1/2 cup of the bechamel sauce on the bottom of the dish. Lay 3 sheets of pasta across the bottom of the dish and spread 3/4 cup of the bechamel sauce over the pasta. Sprinkle 1/4 of the chicken over the bechamel sauce, then sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the remaining Parmesan. Lay another 3 sheets of pasta over the chicken. Repeat 2 additional times with the remaining bechamel sauce, chicken, Parmesan, and pasta, ending with a layer of pasta covered with bechamel sauce. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan over the bechamel sauce and scatter the butter pieces over the top. Place the casserole on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake, uncovered, until bubbly and well browned, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.

Note: You may need slightly less than the entire package of lasagna noodles, depending on the pan used for the casserole. Also, you may be able to fit more than 3 pieces of pasta in each layer, depending. The pasta can be broken into smaller pieces to fill in the gaps.
Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):

* 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
* 2 tablespoons salt
* 2 tablespoons garlic powder
* 1 tablespoon black pepper
* 1 tablespoon onion powder
* 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
* 1 tablespoon dried oregano
* 1 tablespoon dried thyme

Combine all ingredients thoroughly.

Yield: 2/3 cup

Now I buy Tyson grilled chicken strips & do not cook as he does....

A little short cut

The cream bechemel sauce you make for this is to die for...takes a little work but is worth it.
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 8:34 pm

PH8 wrote:
Home again.........had a really nice time and the ship is amazing....she beautiful..Celebrity is really a notch above RCCL and I would definetly book this class ship.........only downside was lack of closet space plus the whole cabin setup could had been better.......when I sat down on my bed,my knees could touch the other bed.....not much space inbetween.......

I know the Celebrity folks are planning some changes for Equinox because of "critiques" from some folk.........

I enjoyed the food and we ate in the Italian speciality restaurant last night.......I am still full.............my fav bars were the sunset bar(top deck next to the Lawn club) and the Martini Ice Bar.......

Yes, I'd go back..........just sign me up.......

Really tired so not spending too much time on here.........back in the am to play catch up.......

Welcome back, glad you enjoyed your trip
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 8:47 pm

Barb, that sounds YUMMY! I'm in the mood for Italian. They are building an Olive Garden in town and it's not open yet. I was sooo craving Italian, I actually went on line an hour ago to see if they had an opening date yet, but no such luck.

Jul, I'd LOVE to come to your Christmas decorating party! Don't know when I'd fit that in though! I'll be there in spirit... how's that?

Kathy, welcome home. Yes, even without stepping on the ship, I agree with your assessment of X from our 3 sailings. I thought the food, bars and cruise staff beat the pants off RCCL, but the cabin layout and storage was so much better on RCCL.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 8:47 pm

Kathy, welcome back. Looking forward to our turn on Solstice next year.

Barb--packed already???? We thought we were doing good with one bag finished. Everything is out, just need to put it in. We are very excited!!!

Have a great eve all
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 9:16 pm

Almost forgot--WELCOME home to Marilyn, Diane and Jill. Tell us about your cruises. Did I miss anyone?
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 9:36 pm

Welcome home Kathy, Sis, Diane, Jean and Marilyn......Hope everyone had a really awesome trip!

Barb.......the recipe sounds great!!

j
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:30 pm

Nancy, this is the only free day I have till we fly, so had to get it done.

Good news about our M&M

Quote :
Hello Barbara,

Thanks very much for your note.
We are actually planning to have the Cruise Critics meeting on Day 3, Dec. 1 at sea, at 11am.
We look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks very much,

Bill Brunkhorst
Cruise Director
Voyager of the Seas

Yeah!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:38 pm

Congrats on the meeting time change Barb! And since you will be so busy this week, just wanted to say:

Captain [b]BON VOYAGE!!!
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:41 pm

Murphy wrote:
Congrats on the meeting time change Barb! And since you will be so busy this week, just wanted to say:

Captain [b]BON VOYAGE!!!

Thanks....will be checking boards...just no time for packing
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:26 am

Just paid the final for the cruise in Jan.......now I feel broke!

I had 5 more days but I figured I better not take the chance.....I always worry that I'll forget to do it and then lose the cabin! A little OCD.....what can I say!!

I used led lights on the tree this year and WOW are they bright!! They make the old style of lights look like total crap! Just the fact that I can plug 47 sets end to end blows my mind!!

Back to Sunday night tv.......have good evening y'all...

Barb.....hope ur week goes very quickly for ya!

j Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:08 am

Good morning all................ok, 10 hours of sleep later... Laughing Im up.....

Want to welcome back Jill,Diane,Jean and Marilyn...........Hope you all had a wonderful cruise..........

Read back a few pages..........I agree about "personalizing" tuxes......we have bought cumberbunds, bowties,etc on EBay.....helps make them your own.......

Sorry about that break in Jul..did they take much or just make more of a mess for you???

Nice avatar Michelle,,,,,,,

Susan-what really impressed me is how they line up as you walk on the ship(all with white gloves on) and will take your carryon and walk you to your cabin if you want!! Plus how they all line up in the dining room as you walk in.....not to mention the food.......there was lots I liked.........

Im with you Patti......I almost dont want to put up any decos this year....if I know no one will be here,I just might now................well, except for the outside lights and maybe a tree......I love looking at it at night...but as far as the tons of other boxes of stuff,forget it........

That recipe looks yummy Barb...........I cant make it now cuz while I was away Dennis got news from the doc,his cholesterol is WAY HIGH.........told him he is a prime candidate for a heart attack...........so I am gonna make sure I take better care of him and his eating habits................been researching good foods and will go shopping this am for him.........they want him to go on Lipitor,but he wants to try it naturally first............anyone have any input for me?? (with all your medical experts out there)

Back later on..............
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:56 am

Morning all.........

Taking the day off FINALLY......a day to stay at home and just get things done.

Kathy......isn't oatmeal a good cholesterol reducer?? I would think something similar to a Weight Watchers diet would be good too......

We too are trying to eat better and stop being lazy on making food....more salads, more veggies, fruit daily and less potatos...wheat bread vs white....small changes but then they are changes that will most likely be stuck with!

Off to start wrapping gifts out of my 'present room' as my gd calls it...(she thinks it's great that her mother has a closet for presents and I have a whole room!!!)

Have a GR8 day y'all

j
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: