Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 11:44 pm

OKay, I'm going to go see if I can get Jim to try on his Tux.

Wish me luck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 12:30 am

Nancy's explanation was spot on. When JCAHO comes life as you know it ends 'til they leave. They nit pick everything and you have to be prepared to do re-writes on every document they pick on. They can stop nurses on the floors and ask all kinds of questions and you'd better have the right answer. They pull random charts and take them apart, also personnel files for all the proper certifications. Barb is in the OR so they're probably pulling random instruement trays and checking all her rooms. NIGHTMARE!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 12:51 pm

Oh good, I am glad I wasn't the only one who had no idea what JCAHO was. Embarassed

So is RCI still renting tuxes? Have they worked that all out yet? I know they changed companies. I have to get Rich measured for the Feb1 cruise.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 1:20 pm

I don't know what they are doing with the tux rentals on RC. I know the cruiselineformalwear site says they will ship it to your home now. That's why I went ahead and bought hubby a tux. The Christmas on QM2 is supposed to have between 5 and 7 formal nights, and I couldn't find any info on the Cunard site about tux rentals.

PS- I couldn't get Jim to try on his tux last night, he was to tired. Rolling Eyes

I think I need to get him a regular black bow tie though, because I ordered a long black formal tie, and a silver bow tie, probably also need a black bow tie.

Have a good day everyone, I'll be cleaning house today.
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 2:03 pm

Jen, I read in the Cunard book that they do rent tuxes onboard and I found Cunard listed on the Cruiselineformalwear site, but I"m not sure which site I it on found! Except cruise, Ray will Never wear a tux and since his weight fluctuates and I need ALL the extra room in the suitcases, I think we will continue to rent a tux when necessary.

Off to do chores, grocery shopping and hair cut this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 2:06 pm

Oh, and Jen, go to your local tux rental place for the ties. I bought Ray a couple of different colored vests at our local place REALLY cheap! That way when he rents a tux, he has his own unique vest to go under it and it doesn't end up looking as much like all the other rented tuxes onboard. Also the ties and vests don't wear out like the jackets do!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 2:33 pm

Good morning all.

Tks for the explanation Nancy. I thought that's what it was (googled it) but then I didn't know u had been in the field so I was soooo confused!! But then I was soo exhausted that I figured it was my brain!

Day is busy here again.....sure wish I still had sundays off....but I know there's only about 4 weeks left and it's OVER then we can sleep for 2 months!..YAYAYYAYYYYYYYY

back to work...no goofing off today

have a good weekend all

IT"S SNOWING off and on here!!!

j
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 2:39 pm

Afternoon everyone.................it is raining here..............just waiting for it to change to snow.

Michele, love your avatar. I think that your little girls are just precious.

Thanks for the explanation on JACHO. I know that I am not the brightest bulb in the pack sometimes...........but I really didn't want to be the first to ask the question of what it was.

Welcome back Jean, Jill and Diane...............hope you all had a great cruise.

Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 3:09 pm

Jul or Patti, would love to see pictures of snow! And Christmas decorations!
Maybe that will get me in the holiday spirit!

Susan, that's good advice, I will check out the local shops.

Jim tried on tux, it just fits! I told him no gaining weight! He then scowled at me! The nerve! But I think a size bigger would be to big, so we will stick with this one.

Back to cleaning.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 3:21 pm

Murphy wrote:
Oh, and Jen, go to your local tux rental place for the ties. I bought Ray a couple of different colored vests at our local place REALLY cheap! That way when he rents a tux, he has his own unique vest to go under it and it doesn't end up looking as much like all the other rented tuxes onboard. Also the ties and vests don't wear out like the jackets do!

That's a great idea! Thanks! I will do that. I have to rent the tux because frankly, I don't like giving up the space for my clothes to fit HIS tux. Wink So I can fit a few vests or ties. Good idea. Very Happy

Patti - Awww thanks Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 4:37 pm

Tanks Nancy for the explanation

Yes they pick everything to the bone and then dig the marrow

They do "tracers" on charts and dig into the departments that have had contact with that patient

Only bright spot is if they do come, my calendar will be cleared....for the whole week Very Happy right now I only have time empty on Monday...so either way will be a busy week...but then 5PM Friday...I'm gone HappyHappyJoyJoy

Snow....wow Juls

I have cleaned & stood the tree in place...we will decorate next Sat with John & Daniel

Bet Kathy is having fun right now.

Watching football....Danny is watching his eyelids affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 6:41 pm

Hi All. Had my jewellery show this morning. I have a $200 to spend on free stuff. Cheers Yay I'll be decked out for my next cruise.
The 3 little ones are here now and I'm calling out for Pizza in a while.

We are having the strangest weather. It thundered and lightninged last night and today it was sunny and 75 but we have tornado warnings for the county and it's only to be 45 tomorrow so we may be in for a wild night.

Good luck with the JCAHO Barb. Glad I'm out of it.

I havn't even thought about a Christmas tree. Guess I'll try to get it done over Thanksgiving weekend. I really have to get my rear in gear and do some shopping.

I got Bob's tux at Value City which is now going out of business so I ran down there to see if I could get some shirts or bow ties but they're all gone already. Oh well.

Off to order the Pizza.
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 7:28 pm

Sounds like all of you are very busy today. We are having cold, gloomy weather again, below freezing with snow showers.
I just ordered my last Christmas gifts, had them sent to San Fran daughter so we are now finished.
Looking forward to a quiet night here, maybe a glass of wine soon.

Have a good eve--
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 8:54 pm

Sheila, I am going to my neighbor's jewelry party tonight!

I have all the doors and windows open today, it's a little breezy but warm.

Nancy, I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet, I just don't even know where to start. cyclops
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:21 pm

Chili on the stove...cool here tonight, but no snow

Glad your party went well Shelia....

Jen, love warm weather, but kinda enjoying the falling leaves and cool weather

Pouring a nice Cline Zinfandel...any one joining me?
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:26 pm

Barb, Cline Zin, one of our favorites and on the RC wine package. We were just looking at the package and talking about what we would/should order.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:33 pm

Pour me a big one Barb!!! I Promise to stay awake tonight to drink it!

Susan...did u know you're MIA??? LOL

Sheila.......your party sounds like a success! Lucky u--- lots to spend on jewelry....

I guess I'll have to work extra fast at the next show and make time to hit the jewelry side.

Off to decorate the tree........dd offered to come over but I told her nah, they can decorate the downstairs one tmrw night.

j Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:38 pm

The snow has arrived............but it's of the wet variety. 4 counties are under a snow advisory through Monday evening............we live in one of those counties. Guess that's the price we pay for living so close to the lake. Shocked

The wind is blowing up a storm.............so I do believe that there are no more leaves left on anyone's trees. Hopefully the grass will be put to sleep after this snow fall.

It's nice to read of everyone's Christmas decorations going up. No decorations here.............it's just the two of us...........and since I have to put them up and take them down............I decided not this year.

Have a wonderful evening.........................
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:07 pm

Jul, where am I MIA??? Razz What did I miss?

Barb I'll have some wine! When I was shopping today, I had a $5 off coupon for Baileys and they had a new flavor... coffee, so I tried it. I mixed it with some Southern Comfort Egg Nog and boy was it good, but rich and now I'm in big need of something lighter like wine.

Got my hair cut this afternoon at with a new stylist... she did ok, but it is always so hard to start with a new stylist!

I always put up our big tree in the living room so it faces the street, but we never sit in there, so I've been staring at the 4 walls of the family room trying to figure out if I can re-arrange the room to make enough room for the "big" XMas tree. I've just been putting a smaller tropical XMas palm tree in there... decisions, decisions...
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:12 pm

OK 6 oz pours all around

Looking at the lights on the tree we will decorate next week
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:24 pm

Susan.......haven't heard from ya in a couple days so I figured you were mia!!

Im soooooo MAAADDDDD.........I went to Wmart after I got home to get the white led lights for the tree....and DAM* if I didn't get 3 white and ONE green......so now I can't finish the dang tree..........IRRITATED

May need another glass of wine Barb!!!

j
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:25 pm

2nd glass for Juls coming uo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:34 pm

I'm more than ready to drink with y'all. I have a Reisling poured but I'll switch to Zin to join you.
I have 3 kids bubble bathed and hair washed. Jammies on, popcorn popped and we're watching the new Veggie Tales movie. (Well they are but I'm on here drinking) Drinks Ain't life grand. Laughing
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:55 pm

Yes it is
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 11:20 pm

Sheila, I think if I had a to watch Veggie Tales I'd be drinking too!

Jul, I posted a couple of times earlier today, we must have just missed each other...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 37 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: