Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:30 am

Morning all.......

Welcome back the MN cruisers..........Did ya hit any rough water from the hurricane??

Off to work

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:37 am

Morning All, Welcome back Patti & LJ...Nice to have you back in the fold!!!

Barb: Good to see you posting...

Hope the Monarch cruisers had a wonderful time...

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:11 am

Morning!

Taking the day off and will just relax and maybe do some cleaning this morning. I have a Eye Dr appointment this afternoon and then a support meeting to attend with Ray tonight. He has decided to get a gastric-bypass surgery... I am supporting his decision to lose the weight, but just don't have my arms around the surgery part yet. It just seems so radical to me, so I'm having a really hard time with embrassing the decision. He has been going to classes for about 6 weeks, and maybe after I go tonight I'll feel better about the whole thing...

Patti, your security situation seems very extreme, but I will say that the most airport security I've ever experienced was in Kauai. When we did our Hawaii cruise, we flew to Kauai for a few days precruise and then puddle jumped to Honolulu to board the ship. The "puddle-jumping" Kauai terminal was not equiped with the luggage scanning security equipment at the time. They only had the scan equip in the main terminal where flights were headed back to the mainland or overseas. So EVERY piece of luggage for ALL passengers that were island hopping had to be opened and checked by security. I had the TSA-approved locks, but they made me open the locks myself. They literally dumped the entire suitcase out, wiped everything down with the white pads that check for explosives and then stuffed everything back in. THANKFULLY, I had most everything in ziploc bags so they weren't really rummaging in my undies! And THANKFULLY I was watching them as they left one of my sandals on the table and it would not have been put in my suitcase had I not been there. But at least we weren't stripped searched like some of your fellow passengers!

Barb, good to see you found us again, even if the website doesn't remember you. If it is any comfort, I have to log in everyday! It doesn't remember me either.

Have a good day everyone!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 1:51 pm

Good morning everyone!

Welcome home Patti, Jean and Ginny!

We now have a major fire on Angel Island, in SF Bay. You could see the flames and smoke from all over. Crazy! I hate the October winds! We get them every year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 2:03 pm

Happy Columbus Day. I'm off today and doing some cleaning and cooking for my house guests arriving tomoorow. Welcome home Patti. Sounds like an eventful time and some rough seas. if I had been invited to the Captain's table, I would have crawled on my hand and knees since I've never been invited. Hopefully if I ever am invited I'll be able to get down more than a roll and ginger ale. Sorry you didn't like Juan Diego. I can't imagine him being rude as he has always been charming in our presence. We email back and forth and enjoy his communications but it is what it is I guess. I do still think he's HOT !!! though but there's no accounting for taste.

The security sounds awful and I wouldn't be lifting my shirt for anybody. affraid

Well off to the store for me.

Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:09 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
The security sounds awful and I wouldn't be lifting my shirt for anybody. affraid

I'm with you there Sheila, I don't see that it serves any useful purpose. Wonder what their reasoning might be?
Do you think that complaining to the cruise line would do any good? Patti?

d
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:09 pm

Hello Ladies,

The cruise was wonderful a little rocking and rolling but not enough to be a problem.

Liz and I were able to walk off the ship without going through the normal as a new procedure was started. No stopping at Immigration and just drop off custom form on the way out. No standing in line and waiting. Was Great!

Huge fire off the 5 and 118 freeway. Liz and I stopped at Brent's Deli which is off the 118 freeway. At that time the smoke was bad. Driving up the 14 freeway winds were so bad that I really had to slow down because of the wind gusts. Liz called me about 1:30 and told me that 118 is now closed and homes in Porter Ranch area are burning and one death reported (a homeless man). It is on the news here, don't know if you are getting it.

Oh and Jean handled the rocking of the ship just fine and danced the night away. She and Don looked great on the dance floor.

Patti welcome home glad to know the rumors of handcuffs and the brig were false. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:33 pm

Goodness, I guess I'll keep my mid-west weather problems. I don't want fire or hurricanes to worry about.

Eye Dr gave me a good report. Eyes are actually getting better... for the second time in the last 3 years my prescription has gotten weaker. I guess that's a good thing!

Can't believe my 3 day weekend is already over! I have to figure out how to have more of these!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:39 pm

Patti - welcome back! And 25ft swells. :unwell: I have no idea how you managed.

And the security. Shocked I have friends that would have had no problem lifting up their shirts...lol..however, I am not one of them. I would have stayed on the ship too. No
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:34 pm

Susan.........bummer ur 3day wkend is over.....have a good time at the meeting....We have a really good friend who has always been very very overweight forever....about 5 years ago he did the bypass and is now about a 34 pant......he just has to make sure he doesn't eat large meals or too high of fat content.....but he looks awesome and I'm sure his life will be extended now. Tell Ray good luck for me!!

Off to watch some tv.........

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:47 pm

crusinmama06 wrote:
Patti - welcome back! And 25ft swells. :unwell: I have no idea how you managed.

And the security. Shocked I have friends that would have had no problem lifting up their shirts...lol..however, I am not one of them. I would have stayed on the ship too. No
Thanks Michele...............I know we've sailed in worse conditions. Next time I will definitely take my Bonine with me and have it near at hand.

We've never experienced security checks like we did on this cruise.............and we were in US ports. I could understand foreign ports................we almost felt like after leaving one port, our pictures might be up on a "wanted" board in the next port. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:13 pm

Ginny and Jean...any special "activities" for the final weekend cruise???
I looked at MN prices for next month,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.you would not believe how cheap it is..........I can go solo for $270 for 4 nights! affraid But I am really not a solo cruiser type........

So Patti-did you have anything else besides ginger ale and rolls at the captains table??? You poor thing.........

Susan-----good luck to Ray with his decision on the surgery.....Not an easy decision,I imagine..

Jen-hope its not smoky by you........how far away are the fires???

Not much on TV tonite..........quit watching DWTS,but you can tell me tomorrow who gets booted............
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:42 am

PH8 wrote:

So Patti-did you have anything else besides ginger ale and rolls at the captains table??? You poor thing.........
Nope............that's all I could eat without decorating the table!! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:48 am

Hello, Polar Bears''''
Anyone of you folks going on Celebrity Solstice Feb 14, 2010 ? OR on the Dec 20, 2009 Mariner of the Seas????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:41 am

cruisenfever wrote:
PH8 wrote:

Nope............that's all I could eat without decorating the table!! Razz
ewwwwwwwwww~~~~~~ I really am sorry you got seasick.............awful feeling.............

Happy Tuesday all..................not much going on here.............

Hey friendly---I posted the cruise list on page 69.....you'll see no one on here are going on those cruises............why do you ask??????
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 am

Morning all, an overcast day here in Dallas with rain in the forecast.

I should have worked from home, it would have been nice not to have to get out of the pj's and into work clothes.

Oh well!

Countdown is at 24 days till we leave for Ft. Lauderdale.

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:24 am

Morning all from here............gloomy day also.......

Since dd is bedridden now we are running kids to school....maaaan, what ever happened to using a school bus????...Now I remember why mine had to use the 'cheesewagon' as they called it!! Really cuts into a work day....

Onto getting a full day done before 11am....so better get busy....

Patti.....soooo sorry u were sick feeling at ur big dinner...that would just suck.
Thought I was the only that had rolls and ginger ale for dinner occasionally! (next time have the bartender add some 'bitters' to the ginger ale...whips away that queasy feeling quickly....Angela (bartender on BOS) got me hooked on that trick...I take a small bottle of bitters with me now on every cruise...

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:13 pm

Morning all............

It's overcast here, but still in the 70's. Guess that is supposed to change on Thursday............going down to the 50's!!

Back to laundry................
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:44 pm

Welcome home, Patti! I'm so glad you took care of Reyno for me. I'm just hoping he'll still be onboard when we sail next year, but with the way everything is changing around, I wouldn't be surprised to see him jump ship, quite literally.

Well, we're back from our final Monarch cruise, at least out of LA. Sad SadSadSadSadSad We had our usual wonderful time, although I managed to almost split Don's lip with an elbow on our first dance at the Captain's welcome aboard party. It was, of course, his fault for not getting his face out of the way, LOL. Other than that we didn't feel a lot of motion, although we saw lots of the first time cruisers with patches.

We normally share Ensenada with the Carnival Paradise, but the Pride was there with us instead - we chatted with one of their passengers, and she said they'd had to skip Mazatlan. I don't care for MZ, so that would be an acceptable substitute for me!

I was ok on Friday and Saturday, but at the CC party on Sunday afternoon I started to lose it. One of the bar servers walked up to me and said, "don't be sad - please don't cry." Well, that set me off. And I'm not a pretty crier - the face scrunches up, the eyes and nose get red, etc. So there was not hiding and I decided that I didn't need to.

The last night in Bolero's was the worst - I've become a fair to middling dancer, thanks to Gerald, the group coordinator. He's been very patient and kind with my stumbling, and I think I did ok, but after the last song, that was it. One of the assistant CDs came over to talk to me and I was bawling like a baby.

I hate change, and RCI has a lot of it going on right now. I know that people come and go from my life, but I've gotten to be really fond of so many people on the Monarch that this departure is really, REALLY upsetting to me. So I'm in mourning.

Kathy, I very nearly booked an OV guarantee for November to fly out & surprise the crew - it awas $149 per person, and with 50+ cruises the single supplement is only 50%, so how could I afford to stay home?? Oh, airfare. Rats. But if the prices go down in January, I'm going to do it. Don may or may not be able to join me. Maybe you can get a cabin next door!

One of the CCers is going on the Paradise in February, and we may join him. We're going to have T-shirts made up that say "Monarch Refugees," have a group picture taken with nobody smiling, and email it to Miami.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 1:08 pm

Jean, I mentioned to Don when he he was waiting for you Sunday on deck 4 for you to let me know the dates you decide for Florida and I would see if I can go then also. Probably won't be able to but you know me I would like to go.

Patti, I tend to get sea sick between Hawaii and LA as well, sorry you had the experience. Kathy had no idea about the bitters. Remember when I was on the American Hawaiian Cruise Lines spending the entire first sea day in bed being sea sick.

Cool here this morning and winds are expected to be bad again today.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 1:21 pm

Jean,

When RCCL announced that they we're redeploying Rhapsody from Galveston year round and that we would only have Voyager part of the year we Texans emailed RCCL. Didn't phase them they did what they darned well pleased. They don't really seem to care what the cruiser really wants even though they do ask. And now they have ships where they can't fill them and don't have ships where they could!

Need I say more?

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 4:28 pm

Afternoon everyone!

Green apples are supposed to help with sea sickness also. I just usually take the meclizine just in case.

Jean, I really think they should have given you a free cabin, to escort the ship to Florida!

Still battling this cold, every time I think I am getting better, I get a coughing fit. :cold:
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 4:36 pm

Jen hope you recover from that cold quickly. I remember about the green applies now that you mention it. Yep, think my cabin steward on American Hawaiian Cruise line brought me green apple slices, crackers and ginger ale that first sea day.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:43 pm

Thanks Ginny, I'm tryin...

Where is everyone?
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:55 pm

Watching Opportunity Knocks on this end!!!

Jen.......hope u feel good soon.....

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: