Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+10
cruisenfever
GrmyCRS
critterchick
frudutx
jillybabes
misseddie
Exairgoddess1
JJ2sail
cruiseforme
Murphy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 11:16 am

Good Morning...

Susan - It's still messed up here....40"s with high in the 60's expected today Suspect . On the news this morning they interviewed a tourist who was extremely upset that it was so cold. If she hangs around til the end of the week expecting 80's.

Jen - I hope everything is ok where you are in Napa. Heard about evacuations due to the fire.

A friend's daughter was doing the Baha cruise (I think on Carnival) and they were informed when they boarded on Friday that they would be going only to Catalina. Hope Jean & Ginny aren't bouncing around too much except on the dance floor.

Everyone else....RISE AND SHINE
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 12:16 pm

The airshow was fabulous and the Thunderbirds were fantastic as usual. They also had the Army Golden Knights parachute team there although we did not get to see them perform. We had a good time although you'd think we'd learn after the number these airshows we've been to. Sunscreen and sun shades. The kids wound up buying umbrellas for their chairs and John and I just worked on our caribbean tans. Laughing

As they say a good time was had by all!

Stopped at Cracker Barrel for supper on the way home.

Been up since 5 working, plan to relax the rest of the day.

l8r

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 12:19 pm

Morning all...............

We love Cracker Barrel Diane............and when you're doing low carb like us,they have a great menu for it.............even though I rather eat the biscuits.......I Love those....

Sounds like a fun party Sheila...........sounds like my kind of food........

I wonder too Chris if the MN had any changes....

Hope everyone has a super duper day........
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 12:43 pm

Morning...
Another B-U-TEE-FUL day in my neighborhood! Too bad I've got things to do inside... The plan is to clean out the kitchen cupboards... we'll see if I can keep mself indoors today! Ray is outside painting some trim on a couple of new doors we had replaced a few weeks ago. Maybe I should try to change jobs with him! He'll only last another hour or so until football starts anyway, so maybe I'll just finish whatever he doesn't get to.

Enjoy your day wherever you are!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 1:02 pm

At work..........no day off this week.........hoping to get done quickly and get outta here...

Hope everyone has a beautiful fall day

jul Wink
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 1:42 pm

Morning everyone. Just checking in.

Still have a bit of a cough, but I think it is improving. No fire near us Chris, but it's been really windy, and very cold this am with frost. Turned on the heater for a few minutes this am.

Went to a Lobster feed last night with friends, it was very yummy. They had a huge salad bar, homemade clam chowder, pasta and whole lobsters.

I opened up the paper this am to the homes for sale page and was thoroughly depressed! Million dollar homes in our area are now selling for $400,000! Never thought I would see this!

Hope you guys are all doing well, hang in there Jul!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 2:07 pm

Jen, that is something about the housing prices! The $350K home we looked at last month was "on sale for $282K and they threw in a $40K pool package. Yesterday they called and offered us the same for $275K... things are not getting better, but for those of us looking, I guess you can see the silver lining. Maybe we actually afford a second home if we are gutsy enough to do it!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 2:50 pm

Good Afternoon All: WELCOME BACK PATTI & LJ....

Jen: Glad that you are out of harms way with the fires...

It sure is scary times...It definitely is a buyers market here too!!!

Not much going on here, getting ready for our Liberty cruise on the 8th and looking forward to spending 2 nits pre-cruise in Boca Raton and Ft. Lauderdale...

Diane: Glad to hear that you had a good time at the air show, the Thunderbirds are something to see and always entertaining...

Susan: Don't waste too much time inside, before you know it the cold will be coming and you won't get to spend time outside...

Kathy: It's kind of overcast today, sun can't decide if it wants to stay in or out...

Will check back Later, Jill
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 3:19 pm

Jill, thank you for reminding me about the coming weather. You are correct, I am now heading outside!

WELCOME BACK Patti!!! Wherever you are... Smile
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 3:27 pm

WElcome Home to Patti and LJ....I guess we just missed you in San Diego on Sept. 26th. What a mess with the Princess Sapphire parked there as well!!!

Jen, we were watching the fires in Napa on TV last night (shades of last October for our area...we could hardly breath) and glad you are not near, and hopefully not downwind.

Jul, taking a string of Christmas lights is a great idea....for the hump balcony next yr. on Mariner, but I wonder if this would be considered like an iron??? They might not permit it.

More singing today....gotta go!

Mar~
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 3:43 pm

Mar........we took the battery operated lights not plug in.....Walmart carries them around here.

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 4:05 pm

It looks like the fire was contained as of this am. It was north of Napa near St. Helena, and we are the Southern most city in Napa county, so probably about 30 minutes north of us, and forturnately the winds are blowing the smoke away from us. It's still so windy though, and everything is so dry here.

Jul how do you attach the lights? I would like to bring some for our December cruise. I think we will be driving to L.A., so we won't be so restricted with luggage.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 4:08 pm

Jen........I used the suction cup hooks on the windows or some duct tape Smile
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 5:11 pm

I bought a few sets of battery operated lights once, but they ran on 4 size D batteries and the batteries WEIGHED so much, I never took them again!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:26 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Mar........we took the battery operated lights not plug in.....Walmart carries them around here.

jul Smile
Thats so funny you mentioned them...........I looked for them today in Lowes.......want to hang them from my umbrella over my patio set........they didnt have.........should had looked at Walmart since I was there first......darn

Welcome home Patti........you have lots of reading to catch up with Laughing
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:27 pm

Kathy, I got mine at Ace Hardware, so you might check there too...
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:27 pm

I am back.............and I too have a slight toad in the node!

I"ll write more later...............but................we were fortunate enough to be invited to the Captain's table on the last formal night. We had horrible weather on Wednesday and Thursday............35-55 MPH winds and 20-25 ft swells. affraid Now...............I toughed it out but at 4:00pm on Thursday just before dinner I really started to feel ill. Many of the folks that were invited had cancelled...............but I took one for the team and decided to go. Heck, do you think I was going to pass up sitting next to this gorgeous looking 39 year old Captain..........whose wife, incidentally, did not attend because she was, as he put it, flat out for the last two days. So I sat quietly and enjoyed my ginger ale and roll!

I did ask Captain Anderson about where Radiance will be going after she completes her SA and Alaska itineraries..................and he said that they are rethinking the itineraries for 2009/2010. Some of the possibilities that he threw out at me were doing Hawaii, PC, Caribbean or staying on the West Coast and doing Mexico prior to her Alaska season. So, if you read between the lines..................whatever makes them the most money..............that's the direction they will go.

Jean..............I took real good care of Reyno. Laughing As far as Juan Diego being good looking.................well, I was expecting a younger man around Reyno's age.............and when I met Juan Diego...............well, he's just an old f*rt in my opinion!! Many people using the CL did not care for him.............called him a jerk. He really was at times with his attitude towards folks and came off even rude with some of his remarks..................he just doesn't have the polish and finesse that Reyno has.

Mar.............your debarkation sounds like what we went through yesterday (we know that you all were delayed as well getting off...............cause they wouldn't check us in when we all got there at 11:00. We never got off the ship until 10:15...............lots of folks missed their flights.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:30 pm

Welcome home Patti and LJ..........sounds great to be invited to dine with the Captain...lucky u!!!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 8:17 pm

Welcome home Patti good to have you and LJ back! Sorry to hear that your weather was not the best it could have been, that's my biggest worry but I'm sure we'll manage.

I'd like to know what RCCL is thinking as far as re-deploying the fleet. We'd sure like to have a ship or ships back in Galveston year round. JMHO

Nice day relaxing, took a long nap, watched some football, made supper, working with the embroidery machine now.

Tomorrow is another day.

d
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 10:19 pm

Gosh tell me why this board cannot remember me?

Enough fussing

Hello Ray Ray...Susan tell him I told Danny Hi & he said hey.....

We went to our last SEC college game yesterday...I have a girls weekend this comming with Mom & my Sis....a first...to the Smokeys

Getting closer to our TA...45 days...whohoo

Welcome home Patti

Happy B'day Juls a little late...

yall be good!
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 10:23 pm

Patti - ANOTHER WELCOME BACK!!! Sorry about the rough seas and hope you're feeling better now. Congrats on having dinner with the captain.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Since it was sooooooooo cold here, I took a lot of warm naps.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 11:17 pm

I've been trying to catch up and you all are just too talkative.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I had a lovely day.............and at dinner, one of the NUTS decorated our table (yes, we had a table for 2) and then when dessert was to be served, 20 Happy CocoNUTS paraded to our table tooting party horns. Everyone waiter and assit. waiter stopped what they were doing to witness this spectacle. The Head Waiter (a gal from Turkey) that lead the parade used to be the manager of Chops, then she moved to Portofino's...........and she knew that my very favorite dessert was the bread pudding from Chops...............so she had two pieces put on a plate with Happy Birthday written across and a candle.

Hi Michelle..............welcome to our den of whatever!!

Hi Charlie...........love your avatar. You and Lady Janet look so happy.

OK....here's the story on the Security when we boarded the ship in all the ports we visited. At every port, where we were either tendered or docked, we had to go through a security checkpoint (as well as doing the same when we boarded the ship). All packages were x-rayed.......we walked through metal detectors...........and then all bags were hand searched. The security guards in the terminals were not wearing gloves...........which really set off Jim's bells and whistles (didn't realize he had so many). The security walk through was set so sensitive that if you set it off, you had to then be wanded.

In Kauai.............they were actually randomly selecting "females" to be patted down. One of the gals in our group was sent to a second pat down station where she noticed that they were asking females to lift up their tops. affraid When she saw that..........she gathered her things and started to walk back to the ship.

You had to show photo ID before entering the security area along with your SeaPass card. Now I understand the need for security................but this was over and above anything we have ever experienced.

In fact, there was a female on board that if I didn't know what I know I would have thought it was you know who from you know where doing you know what. Shocked
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 11:19 pm

OK.......so where's this thread about the RC's?

Edit...............I found it. I was truly surprised at some of the names that received invites Shocked Shocked Shocked ..............and thoroughly disgusted about those that did not get an invite. Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 3:10 am

misseddie wrote:
cruiseforme wrote:
Back from dinner........wow, what an event..........usually Chili's is great, well tonight---not so much..
Now time to pour some wine.........anyone still awake for a drink????... Drinks
jul Smile
You know that Janet makes a mean chilli! Very Happy Is that drink is still on offer? Has been a long, long day.
hope you all are well,
bfn, Charlie.

Hope the rain has let up some over there. Love the pix of you and Janet. Guess a mean chilli is in order when the weather is cool & damp. Is beginning to be soup & chilli weather here...Fall has moved in.

Up chasing sheep...can't count them till I corral them. Hate nights like this.

Patti sould like yall had quite a parade, happy they made it special for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:28 am

Morning......................so glad to see you back posting Patti.............sounds like quite the trip............thats unbelievable about security!!

Welcome back to the MN cruisers too............love to hear about that trip too.....

Cant talk now.....have a 10am hair appt.......

Back later thou!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next