Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:21 pm

K......my dd is technically due 11/26 however the dr wants her to make it 12 more days......that's the main goal right now. There's no way she'll make it to the real due date and they said twins are usually always 4 weeks early.......we'll C!!!!

Sheila......sorry to hear about ur campground.......but I can give you one good hint...DON"T put the $$ in the stock market right now!!! affraid LOL

Enjoying a quiet house at the moment...........soooo nice........maybe I need to open some more wine!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:33 pm

Here I am thinking.wow Nov is still so far away.............BUT NO,IT ISNT......where did the year go??????????????
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:16 pm

I'm with you Kathy.........cannot believe that it's already the middle of Oct.....yikes!.......

My dd is really wanting to start getting her trees all up (she puts up 7 trees all total ).......I thought it was wayyy tooo early until I realized the date already!!!

Well...........dgd wants my computer so guess I better get off!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:44 pm

I thought the same thing last night....wish i had my tree up.......love looking at it all lit up at night............but we dont put it up till after Thanksgiving................

editing--Dennis just called..........I asked him "how much do you love me??"(haha--I always say that when I want something}

anyway..he asks WHY???

and I told him I think we need to put the tree up since its dark so early,I can enjoy looking at it at night............he said,Ok,we can do that this weekend...............Christmas in October!! santa
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:01 pm

Wow........Dennis sounds just like David.........yes is usually the answer!!! When I asked for new carpet he said yes.......then dd said it's gonna cost ya a new couch you know.....he said yes to new furniture, yes to a new bed,.......but i'm NOT doing all that....maybe one at a time but not all at once........I don't want to jeopardize having to canx a cruise!

Around here, we start eating, drinking, thinking Cmas in two weeks......everything gets decorated in town just before halloween......yup, pumpkins in front of Santas...Only in Branson!

jul Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:19 pm

Don't worry we're not gonna invest that money. It's in a safe interest bearing account for now. I'm ordering the bedroom rugs this weekend and thinking about Christmas for the kids. I'm also looking for a room divider with shelves and a cabinet at the bottom. Can't find one on-line or in the stores but I'll keep looking.

I usually put the tree up on Thanksgiving weekend. I love to look at it too. If the kids were coming from Ill I'd have it up ahead of time 'cause we have Christmas with them while their here but they're supposed to come for Christmas this year. Yeah!!!!

I'll be flying out there any time now for the arrival of our new baby.

Tomorrow we have Kamryn's 4th birthday party at the Moon Bounce party place.
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:22 pm

Evening all! It's so funny you are talking about XMas! Last year with the new job, I was way too busy for XMas. I barely put out a few XMas placemats much less decorate the tree. BUT, I'm not going to let that happen again! I'm off on Monday and on the way home from work tonight I kept wondering if it was too early to start decorating this weekend!!!

Jul, Ray is looking over my shoulder and says to say hi to Dave and Barb, if you are out there, he says hi to Danny too!

Jean, sorry I missed wishing you a happy anniversary,but it sounds like you celebrated sufficiently without me!

Sheila thanks for the beach ideas... anyone else have any favorite beach stops?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:00 am

Morning.......

Hahah.maybe we have started something here...........Christmas in Oct!! santa Everyone else will think we're nuts.........but I say,we're just one special group rendeer

I just bet Branson looks real cute with all the decos up,Jul.....real homey like..

Have fun at the party today,Sheila.......careful bouncing!! HappyHappyJoyJoy

Quiet day around the homestead.......Dennis is in the Keys and wont be home till tonite......Im just gonna be a veg all day......
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:54 am

Morning all!

Mar sorry to hear that we will not be seeing you in January. We've never sailed on Voyager and since all we need to do is drive we'll not be changing our plans.

Y'all are talking about Christmas. Well I'm one of those. I shop all year and I'm usually done by Thanksgiving. I run my address labels before Thanksgiving and address my cards while watching the football games on Thanksgiving day. I just do not like shopping during December. I also make quite a few gifts, afghans and such.

We're off to an airshow the "Thunderbirds" will appear.

d
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 11:40 am

Good morning...

Have my sweats on...it's 43 degrees here right now! Shocked Good timing as the guy will be here for the winter inspection of our unit. Pretty windy too.

WELCOME HOME PATTI!!!

Yikes, talking about Christmas already??? Where did the year go???

With the merger coming up at work, they are already cross training and doing some remodeling. Administration is in horrible mood, so of course those of us on the lower rung are suffering. Seems they are subtly trying to force people to quit or retire to make room for those coming from the other company. Oh well, it's a waiting game now.
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 4:39 pm

Hi All...
Kathy, we transferred out of both Voyagers in January....we are now on the Mariner Inaugeral out of L. A. on Feb 22, 2009 and put the other transfer to Vision Dec 7, 2008...since you guys are talking Christmas...we love the ship decorations. HolidayTree

We usually put up all our decs on Thanksgiving weekend too. And I make practically all my gifts...I'm with Di....I hate the malls during that time. I do all my cards via computer and labels too. Am taking a little tree for our cabin on the Vision! Ha!

Am trying to get my Alaska pictures in the album, so that I can start on my alterations of clothes I want to take on the next 2 cruises that are too big! Hmph! Never enough time in the day now with the trek to the gym to do the Elliptical and machines!
Then I have all my Christmas projects that have been made but need the finishings done to them. Humbug! XmasStocking

Tonight and tomorrow the Choir is singing up in the Worship Center so I have to move along.....

Toodles! Mar~
I hate Halloween! :taz:
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 5:47 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:
Good morning...

Have my sweats on...it's 43 degrees here right now! Shocked Good timing as the guy will be here for the winter inspection of our unit. Pretty windy too.

Hmmm.... something is wrong with that Chris! It's 80 degrees here today! Although it was probably low 60's this morning...

Lazy day for me! Did the grocery shopping and a little closet cleaning. There's a new Mexican restaurant that opened up (yes, in the economy, they just opened a new restaurant) at the end of our block. The parking lot has been full every night of the week when I drive by on my way home, so it's either a new place that everyone has to try once, or it really is good... Anyway, we are going to try it out tonight. Ray stopped there last night and brought home a menu. I think I'm going to try the Vegetarian Fajitas. They sound fabulous!

Margarita anyone??? geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 6:31 pm

mmmmmmmm.I LOVE Mexican food.......and a margarita would hit the spot right now..........thanks Susan!

was nice here today too.......low 80s,I think.....I opened all the windows ans shut off the a/c......Im sure we'll put it back on tonite since it gets stuffy in here and I wont sleep with windows open..............

Diane-how was the air show??? Those thunderbirds are amazing........

Called the DP desk today for something and while I was on the phone asked them what was on the amenity list..I knew they changed it cuz I picked a wine yesterday i NEVER heard of.......so I wanted to get the whole list.........they are getting chinzy.......lots less wine choices...

Tote bag
RCL logo beach towel
Choc strawberries(you get 9)
Fruit basket
slippers
cheese tray
wine truffles
Crayola Color Wonder Finger Paint and Coloring Book

Korbel Brut
Cabernet Sauvignon, Woodbridge Twin Oaks
Merlot, Bloemendal, Durbanville
White Zinfandel, Woodbridge, Robert Mondavi
Chardonnay, Stone Cellars
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 6:36 pm

Oct
10th--Jean/Ginny--Monarch--BajaMexico(CURRENTLY ON..)
27th--Kathy--Sovereign--Bahamas

Nov
8th--Diane/Jill--Liberty-- E. Carib
9th--Jean/Marilyn--Vision--Mexican Riveria(with DirtGirl)
22nd--Nancy--Voyager--Med
29th --Barb/Nancy--Voyager-- Barcelona TA

Dec
7th--Marilyn--Vision--MexicanRiveria
14th--Jen--Vision--Mexican Riveria
15th--Kathy--Navigator--WCarib
18th--Jean--AzamaraJourney--Panal Canal

January
11th-Diane--Voyager-WCarib
18th--Diane-Voyager-WCarib
30th--Jul--Jewel-Panama Canal

Feb
1st--Sheila/Michelle-Independence-WCarib
5th--Kathy-Navigator-WCarib
8th--Susan--Adventure-SoCarib
22nd--Marilyn--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

April
19th--Jean/Marilyn/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
26th--Patti/Sheila/Nancy--Radiance--SoAmerica to San Diego

May
10th--Marilyn--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
16th--Jean--AzamaraBest of Italy

Jun
8th--Barb--Monarch--Bahamas
21st--Jen/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Aug
30th--Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Sept
2nd--Patti/GinnyRae--Jewel--TA
6th--Marilyn--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
14th--Patti--Jewel--NewEngland/Canada
24th/28th(b2b)--Susan--Enchantment--WCarib

Oct
4th--Kathy--Freedom--ECarib
4th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
9th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
25th--Jill/Diane--GoldenPrincess--Hawaii

Nov
16th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
20th--Nancy--Solstice--Med
23th--Barb-- Independence--England & PARIS TA
30th--Nancy--Solstice--TA

Dec
6th--Marilyn--Mariner--MexicanRiveria
7th---Chris & Martha--Grandeur--ECarib
26th--Jean--SapphirePrincess--MexicanRiveria

Jan
9th--Jul--Oasis--ECarib
16th--Jul/Michelle--Oasis--ECarib

Feb
26th--Sheila--Rhapsody--Australia(b2b)

March
15th--Sheila/Nancy--Rhapsody--Australia/New Zealand

April
12th--Sheila--Rhapsody--Sydney to Hawaii

Sept
25th--Susan--Oasis--ECarib

Oct
9th--Jill/Diane--Oasis--ECarib
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 8:35 pm

Kathy..........u mean you didn't pick the Crayola color book?!??!?!? Wow.....I'm shocked!!! bounce

Nice day here but I was inside reworking store all day......

Finally home and wine chilling......starving and ready for dinner although it's just getting started.

Mar......I actually took one whole suitcase full of decorations for a Cmas cruise one year......while the guys were roaming the ship, my daughters and I decorated three cabins with trees, stockings, door covers and in the promenade cabin we taped up lights on the window so that everyone could see it from down below...everyone LOVED it........(then we had a suitcase to take other stuff home in as we left everything for the cabin stewards to keep or trash)

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 8:42 pm

We went to dinner early and are home already. . . It was FABULOUS! I had a Gold Margarita, light on the salt and Ray had a Rum Rita... Oh, the food was good too! Laughing We had the Veggie Fajitas with Guac on the side... YUMMY! The restaurant is decorated very nicely, but kind of creepy... There were some beautiful hand paint murals all around the restaurant and I realized they were scenes from "After the Sunset", a Pierce Brosnan, Woody Harrelson and Selma Hayek movie and the mural next to our booth had Pierce and Woody sitting at the beach bar. Pierce kept looking at my fajitas... tongue

So, now we are home and I must keep the party going... Margarita anyone??? Kathy, is your's shaken or frozen???
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 8:55 pm

I'll take a frozen Susan!!!! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 9:00 pm

Here you go Jul!

Kathy, doesn't it seem like about half of the D+ amenities can be obtained for free via room service??? I ordered a cheese plate thru Gifts and Gear once for our anniversary and the one you can order thru room service was better and didn't cost extra! The same with the fruit basket and choc strawberries... we've recieved choc strawberries at least one night on all our past cruises over the last 3 or 4 years... why would you choose that as a gift???? Now, maybe the wine truffles... Smile
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 9:29 pm

did someone say margarita....On the rocks, no salt please!!!

I ordered the tote for my immenity on the Liberty in 4 weeks!!!!

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 9:30 pm

BTW Susan, Love the picture of the cats Wink

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:00 pm

I think Jean and ginny must be having one heck of a cruise.........hurricane Norbert is out there tearing the coast up a bit.....category 2....hope they are faring ok!!!

j
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:08 pm

Drinks This one's for you Jill!!!

The tote bag is nice! I bought one from Gifts and Gear years ago and it's still in pretty good shape!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:09 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
I think Jean and ginny must be having one heck of a cruise.........hurricane Norbert is out there tearing the coast up a bit.....category 2....hope they are faring ok!!!

j
Should making Jean's dancing interesting! YIKES!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 11:47 pm

Murphy wrote:
Here you go Jul!

Kathy, doesn't it seem like about half of the D+ amenities can be obtained for free via room service??? I ordered a cheese plate thru Gifts and Gear once for our anniversary and the one you can order thru room service was better and didn't cost extra! The same with the fruit basket and choc strawberries... we've recieved choc strawberries at least one night on all our past cruises over the last 3 or 4 years... why would you choose that as a gift???? Now, maybe the wine truffles... Smile
I know.......why would anyone order the cheese ,fruit or strawberries?? You get them anyway as a DP............

Shaken,please.........

The tote is the nicest gift they have...........but since I have gotten 2,I stick with the wine........

Speaking of,we bought a bottle of wine tonite............sat outside and drank it..........first alcoholic drnk we have had since our Sept 12th SS cruise and boy,did it hit the spot!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 12:25 am

Hi All, Busy day today. Had to clean the spare bedroom and fix it up for company. Then had to run in to work to guard for the kids swim classes. I now remember why I teach adults. affraid Had some chores to do in town then ran home to wrap Kamryn's gifts and head out to her party. She is a cutey pie for sure. She loved her Birthday, quite the Princess. Bob was in his glory 'cause they had hot wings from the best place in the Phila area crabs fresh caught from the Northeast River this morning. Hog heaven for him. :eat:

I don't have to work 'til Thursday now Cheers

Nite Nite for now Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: