Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:30 pm

Jen there is talk of a Monarch Refugee cruise in Feb 09. Would you be interested? If so contact Jean she can feel you in. Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:31 pm

Just stopping by to say hello before bed time. Laundry is all done and now the tedious task of ironing must begin. Tomorrow it's grocery shopping day............Mother Hubbard's cupboards are pretty bare but I did cook yesterday and today with what I could find in the freezer.

Jen hope that your cold gets better. I thought I was coming down with a cold when we got home on Saturday night. Felt lousy on Sunday, but by Monday was fine. Probably due to PCD.

Jean, I did my very best to take care of Reyno...........but one of our roll call members that was on the cruise also took care of him. How I hate competition! Laughing I told him to stick it out and maybe Mr. What's His Face will get enough complaints and go bye bye. They could always put Reyno in the Diamond Lounge...............there can't be that many D/D+ South Americans.........can there?

Have a great evening...................check back tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:03 am

Morning all: hallf the month is gone and we are one day closer to our Liberty cruise!!!
A beautiful day here today, have some errands to run so will check in Later, Jill

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:25 am

Busy day here too......must be a FL thing..........

But just had to say HI to all my pals before I start my day!!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:43 am

Morning all, rain in the forecast temps supposed to drop by days end.

Yes Jill 23 days and counting down. Thinking of getting the suitcase out this weekend and putting "stuff" into it.

d
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:01 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Had a busy day yesterday. GS broke his glasses Monday night and so took him to Lens Crafters to get eye exam and new glasses. He wanted contacts so we did that also. Oh and don't forget the sports glasses causes he is on the middle school basketball team. I just bought and paid for two Monarch cruises!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day. Busy getting ready for the Women's Encounter at Church this Thur, Fri, evenings and all day Saturday. Lots of pre work to be done still.

Will check in later. sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:18 pm

Good Morning SPB's. Just saw our friends off. We had a very nice visit. It's always nice to see old cruise friends. Hint Hint!!!! Let us know when you're going to be anywhere around Delaware.

The weather is beautiful here. Sunny clear and quite warm. I'm soaking it up before Fall comes back.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:19 pm

Morning all.........

Susan....how'd ur meeting go the other night??? Are you embracing it yet???

Have a gr8 day y'all.........sunny here and may just blast outta here and go play hooky.......what the heck, I deserve at least ONE day off every two weeks, don't I??????

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:23 pm

Morning everyone!

Ginny, I just don't know if I can do a Carnival Cruise, they are bad luck for me!

Susan, I would be interested in your thoughts on the bypass also, as my Orthopedic has mentioned it, for me, because of my arthritis, but my GP is not a fan of it.

I've been looking at Alaska itineraries for 09, and RC sucks! The Serenade is doing Tracy Arm instead of Hubbard, and the Rhapsody is only doing two Alaska ports instead of three. Evil or Very Mad I am considering a Glacier Bay sailing on Holland America, does anyone have any experience with them?
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:28 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Morning everyone!

Ginny, I just don't know if I can do a Carnival Cruise, they are bad luck for me!

Susan, I would be interested in your thoughts on the bypass also, as my Orthopedic has mentioned it, for me, because of my arthritis, but my GP is not a fan of it.

I've been looking at Alaska itineraries for 09, and RC sucks! The Serenade is doing Tracy Arm instead of Hubbard, and the Rhapsody is only doing two Alaska ports instead of three. Evil or Very Mad I am considering a Glacier Bay sailing on Holland America, does anyone have any experience with them?

One of the guys here at work did a HAL Alaska cruise this year, they've done RCCL and Princess in the past and he said they had a good time. But he said the average age is higher on HAL cruises and so the ship is quieter at night.

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:59 pm

Did anyone besides me notice that they changed the RCCL website AGAIN! You can now query on cruises by month instead of by quarter. I trying to decide whether I like that, cause the jury is still out.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 4:07 pm

Hi everyone,

It's a dreary day here and it has started to drizzle. Supposed to get more than drizzle as the day progresses and then much colder temps starting tomorrow. :coldout: The weather people here are saying that we could get some snow as early as mid November......which really isn't early as we have had snow in October.

Went grocery shopping today and since the weather is getting colder...........it's time for Julie's Taco Soup Cheers ............so bought all the ingredients and will make it tomorrow.

Finally brought my 3 Christmas Cactus plants into the garage.............one month of no water and then I can debug it and bring it in the house. Hopefully it will bloom around Christmas and not Thanksgiving.............I mean it is a Christmas Cactus and not a Thanksgiving Cactus. However it has bloomed at Easter as well!!

Jen, we've done two HAL cruises and enjoyed them both.............nobody makes breads, pastries and bread pudding like HAL does. But, as Diane said.............could be an older crowd and not much activity after 10:00PM!

Jul...........how your dd doing?

Have a great afternoon..................check back later.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 4:08 pm

frudutx wrote:
Did anyone besides me notice that they changed the RCCL website AGAIN! You can now query on cruises by month instead of by quarter. I trying to decide whether I like that, cause the jury is still out.

d
I noticed that as well..........like you haven't decided if I like it or not.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 4:43 pm

Zapped out again......lost ya ......back to the front and back in....we've made it thru another 67 pages or whatever it is when it flips us to page 8......

Rcl new page.......SUCKS...HEAR THAT RCL??...I get a screen with two colors on it and if I page down 1/2 way then the main page is there....WHAT THE HECK IS THAT????.........they have one weird tech dept for internet......am I the only one that gets that weird screen???...I've tried several different computers too....

Patti......dd is just laying around all day.....waiting......She said since next Wed is 35 weeks she wants sausage and sauerkraut for dinner Wed night ......dh's mom (when preg) ate sauerkraut and next day went into labor.....I ate sauerkraut when preg when dd and went into labor 25 days early.....soooo she's got the sauerkraut ready for next week!! We'll see if 3rd time is a charm!

Took aft off and busy cleaning house.......2rooms done and 2 to go....

Jen........knowing how the surgery changed my friends life, I would say if there's no risks medically to do it.......but before hand I would try low fat and smaller meals (6 a day).....cuz that's the way it sounds like ya get to eat after the surgery.....soooo my thought process is, if you can't do it before you won't after...

Kinda like that Alli pill......I had one employee take it and so I read up on it.....they recommend wearing black or navy and carrying extra clothes all the time as it causes you to have "anal" leakage.... affraid affraid affraid Thanks but I'd rather be overweight!!!!! Wink

back to cleaning
jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:07 pm

cruiseforme wrote:

Kinda like that Alli pill......I had one employee take it and so I read up on it.....they recommend wearing black or navy and carrying extra clothes all the time as it causes you to have "anal" leakage.... affraid affraid affraid Thanks but I'd rather be overweight!!!!! Wink

jul Smile
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.thats gross........ affraid

I dont like the month by month way on RCCL..........I liked the 3 month time frame better...........maybe cuz thats what Im used to ..
we'll see............but I dont get the weird screen ,Jul......

We're breaking heat temp records........close to 90 the next few days then they say we're getting a COLD SPELL!! hahah./......cracks me up when they say that.............ONLY gonna be 80!! COLD???????HUH?
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:25 pm

I think the same way when they say we're getting a cold spell at 70...50-70 is PERFECT unless I'm on a beach sunny

Debate again tonight.......oh yip........was looking forward to some no brainer tv......oh well, guess I better get my thinking cap on!!

Have a good evening y'all

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:30 pm

Just received this in response to applying stock credit. It sounds like a change to me. I think they are back-pedalling and including some things back in. What say the SPB's?

**Please note** For new bookings made or converted on or after October 15, 2008, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has implemented some changes to our shareholder benefits program. The shareholder benefit is combinable with Crown & Anchor Platinum and Diamond balcony/suite discounts, Royal Caribbean International or Celebrity Cruises Credit Card Reward Points redeemed for onboard credit or discounts, Senior/Military/Resident rates, Gift Certificates and Future Cruise Certificates. The shareholder benefit is not combinable with promotions or offers that include onboard credit.

In the event that two offers or benefits are available on any one reservation, you may choose which onboard credit you prefer. Unless you specify otherwise, Royal Caribbean will issue the onboard credit with the higher value. This applies to Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Cruises.

Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:01 pm

Sheila,

What is the difference between Future Cruise Certificates and Next Cruise Bookings if these are not the same thing then they don't sound like they are backing down to me. But I am open to be corrected. Very Happy scratch
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:15 pm

Evening all,

Personally, I like the month-to-month view on RCCL. I tend to book April-May and Sept-Oct and on the old way I got too may cruise options that didn't really apply to when I could go...

Regarding Ray's surgery, Jul and Jen, no, I'm still not sold, but I guess I understand it more. There were definitely some folks there that NEEDED surgery. I felt so badly for some of these folks. Not that Ray and I don't need some help, but a couple of these folks could barely walk. I felt really proud for them and they were so hopeful that they would get better. At least Ray has another month or so before he will be approved or denied, so we aren't making any rash decisions.

Jean, I hope you recover from your "loss"! You sailed the Monarch so often, it must feel like you've been evicted from a second home! Hopefully you'll find a suitable replacement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:42 pm

LOVE that zebra Susan.........whatta great angle you got!!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:44 pm

Thanks Kathy! It was one of the few head on shots! I have lots of butt ends and lots of full profiles, but I like this one the best!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:11 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Just received this in response to applying stock credit. It sounds like a change to me. I think they are back-pedalling and including some things back in. What say the SPB's?

**Please note** For new bookings made or converted on or after October 15, 2008, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has implemented some changes to our shareholder benefits program. The shareholder benefit is combinable with Crown & Anchor Platinum and Diamond balcony/suite discounts, Royal Caribbean International or Celebrity Cruises Credit Card Reward Points redeemed for onboard credit or discounts, Senior/Military/Resident rates, Gift Certificates and Future Cruise Certificates. The shareholder benefit is not combinable with promotions or offers that include onboard credit.

In the event that two offers or benefits are available on any one reservation, you may choose which onboard credit you prefer. Unless you specify otherwise, Royal Caribbean will issue the onboard credit with the higher value. This applies to Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Cruises.

Well it sounds like double talk to me. You get the wrong Customer Service Rep and man o' man your going to be pulling your hair out trying to convince them that you actually get the stock holder credit and another credit too.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:25 pm

Hey Jean(Ms wine expert)...........ever hear of this one?? Merlot, Bloemendal, Durbanville.... I picked it for my next cruise as my amenity...........they have shortened the list BIG time.......of course, this list is for those like me,with less than 49 cruises........she did tell me,you also get Liberty School Cab on the over 49 list....I didnt like that stuff........remember that from the LB and thats what they had in Vintages........

Tote bag
RCL logo beach towel

Choc strawberries(you get 9)
Fruit basket
slippers
cheese tray
wine truffles
Crayola Color Wonder Finger Paint and Coloring Book

Korbel Brut
Cabernet Sauvignon, Woodbridge Twin Oaks
Merlot, Bloemendal, Durbanville
White Zinfandel, Woodbridge, Robert Mondavi
Chardonnay, Stone Cellars
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:37 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:

Well, now that seems fair to me. At least they are letting you have "1" OBC but you can still take advantage of balcony discounts and Visa Points. I wonder if this also means that you can apply C&A Savings Certificates? I'm happy with this.

Sheila, you should post this here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=857793
Might answer some questions. BTW.......you may want to add where this information came from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:34 am

Good morning all..........

Got exciting news last night............my friend(an AVID Celebrity cruiser) got an invite to go on the preinaugural/naming of the ship cruise for Solstice........she asked me if I wanted to be her guest........I didnt think twice........its a 2 nighter Nov 14th out of Ft lauderdale.........I cant wait to see this ship........

Hope everyone on here is doing ok this morning...............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: