Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cat Chat

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NYC Cruiser
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Cat Chat Empty
PostSubject: Cat Chat   Cat Chat Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 1:34 pm

Can't forget to have a forum for our feline friends!
Back to top Go down

Cat Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Chat   Cat Chat Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 4:08 pm

Cat's rule, dogs drool. Wink
Back to top Go down
Dawns from NJ
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-08-13

Cat Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Chat   Cat Chat Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 11:19 am

I I love you my cat
Back to top Go down

Cat Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Chat   Cat Chat Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 9:59 pm

Our oldest kitty (16.5 years old) TimeToFeedTheCat has kidney failure HolySheep

She's doing okay right now, all things considered. But it means giving her IV fluids daily, along with a special kidney diet. On a day to day basis that's okay, but now every time we want to leave town for more than one night, I have to seriously think about it because it means having to board her at the vet's (so they can give her the IV fluids, etc.). I can't put that kind of responsibility on a neighbor kid!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
Single Dad
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Single Dad

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-09-18

Cat Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Chat   Cat Chat Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 6:00 pm

It's tough watching our beloved pets grow older. We had a "Morris" cat when I was growing up - man he was a tough old bird. He lived to the ripe old age of 18!! I feel for you Host Ivanova but, given you've had your cat that long is just a testament to this owner and the care you've given her!
Back to top Go down
Cruise Cat
Cruise Cat

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Cat Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Chat   Cat Chat Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:46 am

Ivanova wrote:
Our oldest kitty (16.5 years old) TimeToFeedTheCat has kidney failure HolySheep

She's doing okay right now, all things considered. But it means giving her IV fluids daily, along with a special kidney diet. On a day to day basis that's okay, but now every time we want to leave town for more than one night, I have to seriously think about it because it means having to board her at the vet's (so they can give her the IV fluids, etc.). I can't put that kind of responsibility on a neighbor kid!!! affraid

How did things turn out? We just went through an ordeal a month and one-half ago with our 9 year old and his liver. He lost weight and appetite. He had to do the IV and forced feedings for about 3 weeks before he turned around. I still have to give him a pill every morning.

I want my cats to live forever of course!

Chuck
Back to top Go down

Cat Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Chat   Cat Chat Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 2:03 am

She is doing amazingly well right now. Back on Oct 1st the vet really thought she was within hours or days of dying. Her BUN was over 300 when normal is 32 or lower, now she's at 48 and the vet is thirlled. She still needs the fluids 2x a week and the special diet, but that is all manageable.

We have a pet sitter that comes in 2x a day when we're out of town and keeps an eye on both cats, and she also will take the kitty to the vet for fluids 2x a week if we're actually gone that long (it's convenient the pet sitter works for the vet too). We also have one of the neighborhood kids also comes in 2x a day since our "sick one" needx to eat smaller portions more often throughout the day.

So, so far so good!!!
Back to top Go down
Cruise Cat
Cruise Cat

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Cat Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Chat   Cat Chat Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 8:31 am

Glad to hear he is doing better!

Our Cat needed them each day and we were struggling because we ran into the holiday season and they were not open on Sundays either. They taught us how to do it and gove us the stuff. On Christmas Day we had in on top of the washer giving him fluids. We only got in 2/3 of what we should have. Luckily the day after chrismas is when he started eating on his own again (not all at once though) and the day after that he started drinking again (started him on diluted chicken broth and progressed to water.

Chuck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cat Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cat Chat   Cat Chat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cat Chat
Page 1 of 1