Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open

Go down 
+6
HelenB
Hopeful Henry
Life from the Porthole
Triangle
HMS AnyShip
Crystal Cruiser
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Here Come The Judge
Here Come The Judge

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-07-17

CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open   CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 10:37 am

Certainly thinking about it, I don't know if I can make the time commitment, however, I should know better after the first of the year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open   CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 2:15 pm

Here Come The Judge wrote:
Certainly thinking about it, I don't know if I can make the time commitment, however, I should know better after the first of the year.
I hope it works out.... cheers
Back to top Go down
4 Leaf Clover
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
4 Leaf Clover

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open   CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 8:17 pm

Still thinking about it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open   CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 8:45 pm

Hi, 4 Leaf... Are you thinking about seeing if the 1375 sq ft penthouse is available? Smile Can I answer some concerns to have you decide to reserve? Don't forget you save 3 1/2 % by paying in full before the first of February. What category cabin are you thinking about. If I remember right you did sail on Crystal before right? Any way 4Leaf Clover, I do hope you are able to cruise along with the group.
Back to top Go down
Triangle
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
Triangle

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open   CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 1:00 am

I have talked to some folks about my Moscow excursion, even with the cost of Visas, etc., the cost should be well below that of the Crystal excursion. The bonus for having visas, is that it allows you off the ship outside of organized tours.

I have started learning Russian for free at:

http://www.russianlessons.net/lessons/

It is a neat site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trianglecruises.com
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open   CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:00 pm

If anyone is interested, I just booked hotel for us in Stockholm (for after the cruise). The Hilton seems to be close to the port, and has some decent rates if you do the advance payment thing. It's also a 2 minute walk to the Gamla Stan.

Anyone have recommendations for a Copenhagen hotel? I know we get one night included at the Radisson, but it's too expensive for the 4 of us to spend other nights there. I'm looking at the Avenue Hotel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com
Triangle
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
Triangle

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open   CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:32 pm

HelenB wrote:
If anyone is interested, I just booked hotel for us in Stockholm (for after the cruise). The Hilton seems to be close to the port, and has some decent rates if you do the advance payment thing. It's also a 2 minute walk to the Gamla Stan.

Anyone have recommendations for a Copenhagen hotel? I know we get one night included at the Radisson, but it's too expensive for the 4 of us to spend other nights there. I'm looking at the Avenue Hotel.

Depending on what you are spending at the Avenue, you might also check out a 1 BR apartment at the Ascot.
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open   CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:41 pm

[quote="Triangle"]
HelenB wrote:
Depending on what you are spending at the Avenue, you might also check out a 1 BR apartment at the Ascot.

You're reading my mind! I checked out the Ascot. Unfortunately, as a family of 4, they were charging us a hideous amount for the extra rollaway beds, and it ended up being an extra $100 per night over the cost of the Avenue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open   CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:44 pm

This is just to let everyone know that we are still taking bookings on Crystal Symphony to the Baltics and there are only about two more weeks left in order to take advantage of the early payment savings. Those CruiseFreeks already signed up will be a fun "bunch" to cruise with! We welcome you to sail on this 6 star vessel from Denmark to Estonia, Russia, and Sweden.

Please contact me if you have questions or wish to reserve your cruise. Cheers JOIN US.

Aug 5, Baltic Cruise http://crystalsymphony09.makeswebsites.com
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open   CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:12 am

HelenB wrote:

I'm staying at the Raddison SAS Royal in both Copenhagen and Stockholm. I've booked it myself (since I'm a TA) rather than through Crystal. I'm sure Lona would do the same for you. It is much cheaper that way, but does not include any transfers.
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open   CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:19 pm

Triangle wrote:
I have talked to some folks about my Moscow excursion, even with the cost of Visas, etc., the cost should be well below that of the Crystal excursion. The bonus for having visas, is that it allows you off the ship outside of organized tours.

I have started learning Russian for free at:

http://www.russianlessons.net/lessons/

It is a neat site.

Rick,
Please keep me informed about what you have found. My wife has expressed interest in doing Moscow, but we don't want to pay the 1K+ pp that Crystal wants. If the price is right, maybe we can get a group deal?
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open   CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:20 pm

For those of us arriving in Copenhagen a day early and staying an extra day in Stockholm, what are the must see/do things in each of those cities. I'd like to start making my plans.
Back to top Go down
Triangle
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
Triangle

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open   CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:49 pm

thevacationstop wrote:

Ric,
Please keep me informed about what you have found. My wife has expressed interest in doing Moscow, but we don't want to pay the 1K+ pp that Crystal wants. If the price is right, maybe we can get a group deal?

Steve,

I will post details here in early feb, I think a CF Moscow trip would be a treat.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open   CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 4:05 pm

Steve...I just watched a TiVo'd program on Copenhagen while on the treadmill.
It was a Travel Channel/Samantha Brown thing. Very interesting city! Looks like there is an amusement park right in town that everyone loves called Trivoli. Looked fun, and relaxing both.

They seem to drink a lot of chocolate milk too. :-)
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open   CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 4:39 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
Steve...I just watched a TiVo'd program on Copenhagen while on the treadmill.
It was a Travel Channel/Samantha Brown thing. Very interesting city! Looks like there is an amusement park right in town that everyone loves called Trivoli. Looked fun, and relaxing both.

They seem to drink a lot of chocolate milk too. :-)

It is Tivoli (no "r"). That's one of the only things I know about. It is located within a block or two of the Radisson SaS Royal hotel that we will be staying at. I've read mixed reviews about it.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open   CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 5:21 pm

Whoops...it did look like a place to both relax, or have fun. Nice looking park.
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open   CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 5:27 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
Whoops...it did look like a place to both relax, or have fun. Nice looking park.

I'm sure we will probably go there. It is rather famous, and being close by, kind of hard to pass up. I appreciate the tip. I'm still looking for other ideas too.
My mother suggested LegoLand, but that is a few hours away, and not very practical as a result. Though, if I had more time, I'd love to see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open   CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi, all
Tivoli has wonderful restaurants and areas scattered throughout the park where local entertainment sets up on stage. This last year when I was there there were school bands and musical entertainment located throughout the park having concerts. Drummers on one stage, an orchestra on another, dancing troups on another. To one side of this area is amusement rides and tourist shops set up to buy the local "trinkets". I would recommend an evening meal reserved while you are there. OR very nice for a lunch as well.

There is also a jump on jump off type of double decker bus that is great for getting around and touring the city. Most hotels will have information on that when you get there. The river boat tours in the city also is my choice of going and seeing interesting. Book that through the hotel and they will show you how to go there.

The train is very easy to get around as well. The pedestrian street with lots of little eating and drinking stops while you shop until you drop at some very upscale nice stores. Very expensive in Copenhagen!
UNIQUE city!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open   CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CRYSTAL Northern Europe..BALTIC Cruise Aug 5, 2009 now open
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2