Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The kids want to know when they get to go again!

Go down 
+4
dream2cruise
HelenB
Diamond Dave
mytee4ever
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

The kids want to know when they get to go again! Empty
PostSubject: The kids want to know when they get to go again!   The kids want to know when they get to go again! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 1:28 pm

We took the kids on their first cruise a few weeks ago & they loved it! One evening at dinner, ds said to me, "Mom, when is our next cruise...6 months or so?"! I think we have created monsters! Very Happy We were on the Carnival Triumph as a family group of 15 people in 6 cabins. I look forward to the opportunity to take them on a cruise with just the 5 of us. Not that I didn't love hanging with my mom & cousins, but cruising with extended family I think is a very different experience than if it had just been us 5.

Nice ship, beautiful islands and an awesome time with family!

Towanda
Back to top Go down
Diamond Dave
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Diamond Dave

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: The kids want to know when they get to go again!   The kids want to know when they get to go again! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 1:36 pm

Towanda, here's one you might want to consider, it's a night 9 cruise out of NYC with Cruise Freeks in 2010. It's 4th of July week and, many are bringing their kids along. http://www.caribbeanprincessjune282010.makeswebsites.com/

The only potential draw I see for you is - to my knowledge and the TAs can correct me if I'm wrong - I don't think Caribbean Princess has any cabin categories can accommodate 5. Like I said, don't hold me to that, I could be wrong.

If you're interested, contact our TA for the sailing, Jeanie Beck at Jeanie@becktours.com

Oh should mention Jeanie can't publish pricing yet but, it's $100 per person (on average) CHEAPER than 2009 pricing Very Happy Just email Jeanie for pricing!
Back to top Go down
HelenB
Resident Expert Family Cruising
HelenB

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: The kids want to know when they get to go again!   The kids want to know when they get to go again! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 4:42 pm

My kids feel the same way! They love our 'boat trips' and always want to know when the next one is! I have to admit that we spent a couple of years not cruising while they were babies, so we have been going on 2 a year (roughly, every 6 months) since my youngest turned 3. In fact, next year will be the first year in a long time with only one cruise, and we're all disappointed! Crying or Very sad

Not all ships offer cabins that can accommodate 5. Heck, sometimes I have a difficult time finding cabins that can accommodate 4! But some ships offer 'family cabins, or (if your children are old enough) you might find it more cost effective to book two cabins (connecting or across the hall). I think it's great that your kids enjoyed themselves so much, and definitely recommend trying another cruise again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mommycruises.com
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The kids want to know when they get to go again!   The kids want to know when they get to go again! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:25 pm

Thanks Dave. I will check it out. I'm okay with 2 rooms. On this trip, our 2 girls shared with their cousin across the hall from us. DS was in the room with my parents.

Towanda
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The kids want to know when they get to go again!   The kids want to know when they get to go again! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:08 pm

Towanda,

Yeah, you've created monsters. Wink Our daughter was 13 the first time we took her on a cruise ... and since then she's been on 6 more cruises since Rolling Eyes ... now I'm having to ween her off my credit card, I've told her she's more than welcome to join us on our upcoming cruises as long as she pays her own way.
Back to top Go down
dream2cruise
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
dream2cruise

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The kids want to know when they get to go again!   The kids want to know when they get to go again! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:21 pm

I agree. My kids still want me to pay and one of them is married!!!! I told him I'll pay for my perfect grandson and the one on the way anytime!!!!

Susan, I enjoyed talking to you today. I remember what I wanted to ask you. What would be a good time to call you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The kids want to know when they get to go again!   The kids want to know when they get to go again! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:31 pm

Aurea,

Feel free to call me any time tomorrow (Wednesday) or drop me an email any time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The kids want to know when they get to go again!   The kids want to know when they get to go again! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 5:59 pm

Ivanova wrote:
Towanda,

Yeah, you've created monsters. Wink Our daughter was 13 the first time we took her on a cruise ... and since then she's been on 6 more cruises since Rolling Eyes ... now I'm having to ween her off my credit card, I've told her she's more than welcome to join us on our upcoming cruises as long as she pays her own way.

Yep, no doubt! My little monsters started cruising at 8 months and 22 months. And now cruising is the ONLY vacation they want to take. Which is perfectly fine with me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The kids want to know when they get to go again!   The kids want to know when they get to go again! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:26 am

Yes they do want to know when they can cruise again, but then, I keep asking myself that too. My dh and I have talked about cruising alone, but I don't think the kids would be too happy with that. And I'm not sure I would want to cruise without them.

The question is how do you break it to them that you are going on a cruise without them when they love cruising as much as you do??
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: The kids want to know when they get to go again!   The kids want to know when they get to go again! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:56 pm

Livabeth wrote:
Yes they do want to know when they can cruise again, but then, I keep asking myself that too. My dh and I have talked about cruising alone, but I don't think the kids would be too happy with that. And I'm not sure I would want to cruise without them.

The question is how do you break it to them that you are going on a cruise without them when they love cruising as much as you do??

Good question! I haven't had to do it yet!!!!
Back to top Go down
becktours
Travel Agent
Travel Agent
becktours

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: The kids want to know when they get to go again!   The kids want to know when they get to go again! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:09 pm

mytee4ever wrote:
We took the kids on their first cruise a few weeks ago & they loved it! One evening at dinner, ds said to me, "Mom, when is our next cruise...6 months or so?"! I think we have created monsters! Very Happy We were on the Carnival Triumph as a family group of 15 people in 6 cabins. I look forward to the opportunity to take them on a cruise with just the 5 of us. Not that I didn't love hanging with my mom & cousins, but cruising with extended family I think is a very different experience than if it had just been us 5.

Nice ship, beautiful islands and an awesome time with family!

Towanda

Towanda,

We are also a family of five! My kids are completely addicted. We are barely off the gang plank when the kids' are asking when we're cruising again! We always get 2 cabins. Either next door to each other, or across the hall from each other. It's funny to think that my 3 year old son has been 4 cruises since he was old enough to sail!! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.becktours.com
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: The kids want to know when they get to go again!   The kids want to know when they get to go again! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:40 pm

I have literally DRAGGED my kids off the ship before. (and they were 21 & 23!)

It's a tough one. Get them a piggy bank to save their fare! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: The kids want to know when they get to go again!   The kids want to know when they get to go again! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:45 pm

My daughter (18.5 years old and counting) is really bummed that mommy and daddy aren't financing her vacations (cruises) any more. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The kids want to know when they get to go again!   The kids want to know when they get to go again! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:11 am

Livabeth wrote:

Well if anyone figures out the answer to that, let me know. Laughing I figure I'll have to be like Susan and wait till they become adults and then tell them to get a job. Wink
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: The kids want to know when they get to go again!   The kids want to know when they get to go again! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:38 am

crusinmama06 wrote:
Livabeth wrote:

Well if anyone figures out the answer to that, let me know. Laughing I figure I'll have to be like Susan and wait till they become adults and then tell them to get a job. Wink

My parents didnt cut me off until I got out of college..... I went to college for the next 10 years, lmao. (I did work and pay my own bills, but they would have helped. hahahahhahaha). I never could decide what I wanted to be when I grew up. Got teaching in Music and English, then a MBA in International Business (the travelling theme), then started my PhD in Business, but was told if I wanted to take computer courses, I had to go back to the MS level, then I wanted a real estate licenses, they finally told me at UTD if I wasnt going to get a degree, I could take any course I wanted with permission of the teacher, by then I was working for a CPA firm and wanted to take tax courses on oil. I peppered it all with dance classes ballet twice (I started off as a phy ed major before the English degree) and belly dancing (someone stole my finger cymbals so I didnt take it any more, a Irish belly dancer, wrong coloring).

If your kid stays in school like I did you might be taking them on family vacations for a while.

Good morning everyone, this is a fly by posting, gotta run this morning.
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The kids want to know when they get to go again!   The kids want to know when they get to go again! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:25 am

My 8 year old son is a cruise junkie too Smile I don't think it would go over well if we cruised without him. Yes, he is spoiled.
Back to top Go down
HelenB
HelenB

PostSubject: Re: The kids want to know when they get to go again!   The kids want to know when they get to go again! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:53 am

Mine are so spoiled. They're all upset because we didn't take a cruise this month, and normally we go every January. They can't believe that we have to wait until August to go again! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The kids want to know when they get to go again!   The kids want to know when they get to go again! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The kids want to know when they get to go again!
Page 1 of 1