Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones Empty
PostSubject: Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones   Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 7:54 pm

Here is a book available from Amazon.com.It is about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones and the title of the book is "Tramp to Queen".The book does sound interesting and it does cover Captain Jones' career with the Cunard Ships such as Saxonia,Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary.Captain Jones was in command of the Queen Mary when she sailed her last voyage in 1967 from Southampton,England to Long Beach,California.I do want to get a copy myself but the book will not be available until November 1,2008.I hope it is o.k. with the moderators that I post the link for any Cunard Line fan who is interested in getting the book.Here is the link http://www.amazon.com/Tramp-Images-England-Captain-Treasure/dp/0752446258/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220219019&sr=1-1 I hope that this book is as good as this other book titled "Captain of the Queens" that was written by Cunard Commodore Harry Grattidge in 1953. Regards,Jerry
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones   Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 9:01 pm

Thanks for the link Jerry! It looks like a really interesting book Very Happy

"Hopelessly lost when not planning a cruise."

www.ambiancetc.com
Nina@ambiancetc.com - Time to book your cabin on the Cunard group cruises!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
Kindlychap
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones   Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:00 pm

Not out until November? How come I have a copy at home?

Matthew
Back to top Go down
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones   Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:24 pm

Because you get the good stuff before we do Very Happy

Kindlychap wrote:

Matthew
Back to top Go down
Kindlychap
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones   Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 2:42 pm

534 wrote:
Because you get the good stuff before we do Very Happy

Kindlychap wrote:

Matthew

Indeed. Still, one can understand publication in the Mother Country before the colonies.

(ducks)

My copy will have done a transatlantic on QE2 before yours have even been published!!

Matthew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones   Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 9:23 am

Thanks for bringing the book to our attention Jerry, it does look extremely interesting!
Back to top Go down
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones   Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 2:10 pm

Quote :
Indeed. Still, one can understand publication in the Mother Country before the colonies.
but of course! king
Back to top Go down
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones   Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 2:26 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Thanks for bringing the book to our attention Jerry, it does look extremely interesting!
Nick, It should be an excellent book! I'm really looking forward to reading it, as soon as it makes it to the Colonies that is Very Happy Captain Jones has a special place in my heart, he brought Mary to us I love you
Betsy

Last edited by 534 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cruise Liner Fan
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones   Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 3:29 pm

I am glad to have mentioned this book.Regards,Jerry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones   Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book about Cunard Captain John Treasure Jones
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Cunard-
Jump to: