Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbies Guide To Cunard

Go down 
+5
Leanna N
AmbianceTraveler
NDJollyMon
English Todd
Andy The Sailor Man
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
English Todd
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
English Todd

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Newbies Guide To Cunard - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies Guide To Cunard   Newbies Guide To Cunard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 7:23 pm

And a generous sitting area and bar area are also found in Q5 staterooms

Newbies Guide To Cunard - Page 2 Q5bar10
Back to top Go down
English Todd
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
English Todd

PostSubject: Re: Newbies Guide To Cunard   Newbies Guide To Cunard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 7:26 pm

And this is the Queen's Grill Dining Room - your table is yours - you can arrive when you wish for dinner between 7pm and 9pm - no set times for those who book Grill accommodates - a very nice perk.

Newbies Guide To Cunard - Page 2 Qgrill10
Back to top Go down
English Todd
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
English Todd

PostSubject: Re: Newbies Guide To Cunard   Newbies Guide To Cunard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 7:27 pm

Hope these help a bit Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbies Guide To Cunard   Newbies Guide To Cunard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 8:27 pm

Great photos Todd, you're making me smile Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AmbianceTraveler
Cunard Host
Cunard Host
AmbianceTraveler

Number of posts : 889
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Newbies Guide To Cunard   Newbies Guide To Cunard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:44 pm

Do all the bathrooms come with black socks? Razz

No really, those are great pictures!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ambiancetc.com
English Todd
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
English Todd

PostSubject: Re: Newbies Guide To Cunard   Newbies Guide To Cunard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:43 am

Razz Only if you're a single man!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbies Guide To Cunard   Newbies Guide To Cunard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:32 pm

Thought I'd give this a bump up
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Newbies Guide To Cunard   Newbies Guide To Cunard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 5:07 pm

Great thread!

Can anyone tell me the difference between an obstructed view balcony and an in hull balcony? Or are they one in the same? And how obstructed is it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbies Guide To Cunard   Newbies Guide To Cunard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 5:17 pm

Newbies Guide To Cunard - Page 2 25284211

This is in an "in hull" balcony cabin. It's very private and you're very protected from wind and sun.

The obstructed are pretty obstructed with views of the lifeboats, unfortunately, I don't think I have any photos of that type of cabin, I never booked one.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Newbies Guide To Cunard   Newbies Guide To Cunard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 5:30 pm

Thanks Nick! The in hull balcony looks like a better choice. I did find a picture on cruisestateroom.com of the obstructed view, and it looks really obstructed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbies Guide To Cunard   Newbies Guide To Cunard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:10 am

You're welcome! And, yes, the only time an obstructed view isn't a huge deal is if you're taking a transatlantic.
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Newbies Guide To Cunard   Newbies Guide To Cunard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 5:25 pm

OK, my turn... Can someone explain the Kings Court dining area? Is it open for lunch and dinner? Is this a casual alternative or is formal attire required here in the evenings as well?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbies Guide To Cunard   Newbies Guide To Cunard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 7:45 pm

King's Court - unique to say the least. During Breakfast and Lunch time it's your normal buffet area just like you have on any other cruise ship. Dinner time it transforms into 4 different restaurants. You can dress down compared to the dress code for the evening for the dining rooms but, reservations are required.

Dinner Time in King's Court:

Lotus - Asian Fusion
The Carvey - Carved meats
Piazza - Italian
The Chef's Galley (my favorite) has an open kitchen where you watch your meal be prepared in front of you

I should add that after dinner, King's Court is transformed again and late night snacks through the wee hours of the morning are available.

The alternative restaurant on-board is Todd English and that is open for both lunch and dinner. I believe Tina and Nina are making arrangements for at least one group dinner for us there. The food is utterly outstanding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newbies Guide To Cunard   Newbies Guide To Cunard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 8:03 pm

Also, I want to add that at lunch time you might want to try the Golden Lion Pub they serve traditional pub food such as Fish and Chips and it's very good!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Newbies Guide To Cunard   Newbies Guide To Cunard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 10:29 pm

Thank you, they all sound good! What is the reservation process? Do you pick possible days/times and book on the first night, or do reservations open up each morning for that evening?

Also, I'm still kind of confused by the dress code... since I read that the dress code is expected to be maintained throughout the evening. So, if we chose to go to Kings Court, let's just say Lotus for dinner on a formal night and DH wore a sport jacket and I wore dress pant outfit, is that appropriate for the evening?
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Newbies Guide To Cunard   Newbies Guide To Cunard - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:50 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
The Chef's Galley (my favorite) has an open kitchen where you watch your meal be prepared in front of you

Iv also read that The Chef's Galley is about a 3 hour dinner, be prepared to go for awhile. Sounds intriguing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbies Guide To Cunard   Newbies Guide To Cunard - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbies Guide To Cunard
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2